Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 11 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 11 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 11 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Roach Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:51 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Aves--

*Ackbar opens his beak to remind Shadow that he's still a Commander, not an Admiral, but then something causes him to stop. The entire planet seems to hold its breath as the glare to the north reaches its zenith and then begins to fade. The hawk's PDA beeps again; he is forced to put the nestling down to answer it.*

Ackbar: Yes?

Addrson: Sir, I was just calling to tell you that a giant fireball in the sky was reported by our occupation garrisons on the south of the continent, but...somehow I think that's a little redundant right now.

Ackbar: No, Addrson, it's quite useful information, actually.

*Their conversation continues. Meanwhile, the still-blind nestling begins casting about for a parent figure, crawling pitifully along the skyscraper's windblown peak. It starts to get close to the edge of the balcony, near where Shadow is hovering, and somehow senses his presence. It begins to squeak pathetically.*

--Kargul--

*Septimus ponders over Roach's offer.* Septimus: ...I see. At any rate, Admiral, your assistance is appreciated, but making such an alliance would not be under my authority. That power belongs to the Primarchs--more specifically, the High Primarch, Garrus Vakarian. However, I will include in my report back to Palaven your help here and your request for an alliance. I'm certain the Primarchs will act on it. Now, if you will excuse me, Admiral, I have a colony to help rebuild and the aforementioned reports to file. I will make sure your cargo ships return home safely once their duty is done.

--Unknown Volcanic Planet--

*The organic material continues to spread, having grown almost to the ceiling of its chamber of origin and also having ventured far down the corridor outside. The creatures continue tunneling industriously, with the network of catacombs beginning to expand into other volcanoes in the range.*

"Thank you General I will return to Ramius and await word from your government."

*the litany flipped quick 180 and leaped into hyperspace.*
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Aug 05, 2011 3:44 pm

--Aves--
Shadow didn't take notice of the little creature at first until he finally let himself hear the pathetic squeaking over the other noise of the wind howling against him. He looked over to see the little thing crawling there and hovered down a bit, picking the little thing up gently. "Trying to find home too, huh?" He asked the nestling rhetorically. He held the nestling in he cusp of his hand, folding it some to keep it from falling out so easily. "Admiral, are you sure you should be distracted by light shows?" Shadow said, returning straight to business. "After all, a good listener never forgets the entirety of the warning he has been given."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Fri Aug 05, 2011 4:57 pm

--Aves--

*Ackbar finishes talking into his PDA.* Ackbar: Right. Locate the impact site of the largest object and then contact Ironbeak, give him the coordinates, and convey my orders for him to secure the area. I will have already dispatched him in that general direction with an airship wing and will be arriving there as well with the Unbroken.

Addrson: Consider it done, sir!

Ackbar: Good, dismissed. *He puts the device away again, and then looks around for the nestling. He begins to panic until he sees the little creature in Shadow's arms, and flies up and gently takes it from him.* Thanks, Shadow. I'm going back to the Unbroken; can you do me a favor and watch him for a bit in my cabin, please?

*Without waiting for a response, the hawk leaps into the air and zips away towards the airship hanging in the sky. Before long, he has deposited the nestling in its makeshift nest in his cabin once more before streaking back to the bridge, leaving strict orders for no-bird to enter his cabin.*

*The bridge officer salutes sharply as the Commander flies in.* Bridge Officer: Sir!!

Ackbar: At ease. What's the situation?

Bridge Officer: Shields are almost fully recharged, Commander.

Ackbar: Good. Have the helmsbird set a new course.

Bridge Officer: Right away, sir...where to?

Ackbar: North. Towards where the fire from the sky went to.

*The bridge officer has a hard time containing his surprise.* Bridge Officer: Of...of course, sir.

Ackbar: Get it done. Comms! Open a line to General Ironbeak.

Comms Officer: Sending the request now, sir.

*The request is answered almost immediately.* Ironbeak (comms): You called, sir?

Ackbar: General. That was quick; you didn't even take time to celebrate?

Ironbeak: I was, sir, until that giant fireball came down from the sky. I figured you'd call sooner or later.

*Despite himself, Ackbar cannot help but chuckle.* Ackbar: You were right, Ironbeak. I'm having the fireball's location confirmed not, but I need you to take your airship wing and start heading north as fast as you can, in the general direction of where that thing fell. We need to secure that area ASAP.

Ironbeak: I'm already on it, Commander. But if I may, sir, why do we care so much about a fireball from the sky?

Ackbar: I'll tell you later, General. Right now we have to move. Dismissed.

*He signs off. Ironbeak's aerial warship fleet regroups and begins heading north at full burn, with the Unbroken far behind them. In Ackbar's cabin, the nestling begins to once again squeak.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Aug 06, 2011 2:51 pm

--Aves, Unbroken--

"...Do I look like a babysitter you birdbrain?" He mumbles to himself, appearing randomly there, near where the bird was. "Yes, I hear you, calm down..." Shadow replied to the squeaking nestling.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sun Aug 07, 2011 1:26 pm

--Aves, the Unbroken--

*At length, Ackbar returns to the cabin with some raw fish gripped in his talons.* Ackbar: I heard that. *He begins ripping off pieces of the fish to offer to the squalling nestling, but it does not take them, despite being plainly hungry. The Commander frowns in puzzlement.* (To Shadow) Addrson's located the main impact site. We'll be there in an hour and a half--Ironbeak's fleet will arrive in an hour.

*As Shadow digests this information, the hawk returns to pondering over his charge. The nestling takes one small bit of fish from his talons, but then immediately spits it out. Then, he gets an idea, tears a large chunk of fish, and swallows it himself.* Care to let on what we'll find there?

--Kargul--

*The Legion continues with helping the colony recover from the Sansha/Blood Raider attack, though its population is severely diminished due to the capture of tens of thousands of civilians by the attackers.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Mon Aug 08, 2011 3:46 am

//Black Sun hideout\Coruscant//

A group of a half-dozen thugs come out of the hide out looking gruff, smug, and deadly. The one who appears to be the leader speaks with an air of contempt, "How do you know of this place and what do you owe the Black Sun?"
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Male Number of posts : 189
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Aug 08, 2011 6:28 pm

------------------------------Ramius------------------------------------------------
Roach sat in his private lounge aboard the litany it was modeled in the style of a club from 1950's earth. It was complete with era appropriate furnishings, a stage where a Jazz band currently played, and a well stocked bar carrying food and beverages that suited the time but also carried more current items as well. At the bar Lance sat with the crew of The Final Countdown drinking and laughing. Roach sent a message to the Turian hierarchy that they could meet aboard The Litany above Ramius for their discussions. the waiter walked by and sat an ice cold coke in front of Roach he raised the bottle to his lips and took a swig.

"Dad" lance yelled from the bar.

Roach looked up at his son and raised an eyebrow. "Yes?"

"Sing us something dad please." Lance said in a pleading tone.

Roach down the rest of his beverage and took to the stage he leaned in and whispered to the band what to play and as the music started roach began to sing in his clear baritone.

Gimme a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination
Will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A Kiss to build a dream on

Give me a kiss before you leave me
and my imagination
will feed my hungry heart
Leave me one thing before we part
A kiss to build a dream on

When I'm alone with my fancies
I'll be with you
Weaving romances
Making believe they're true

Oh, gimme your lips for just a moment
and my imagination
will make that moment live
Give me what you alone can give

Gimme a kiss to build a dream on
And my imagination
Will thrive upon that kiss
Sweetheart, I ask no more than this
A Kiss to build a dream on

Give me a kiss before you leave me
and my imagination
will feed my hungry heart
Leave me one thing before we part

When I'm alone with my fancies
I'll be with you
Weaving romances
Making believe they're true

Oh, gimme your lips for just a moment
and my imagination
will make that moment live
Give me what you alone can give

(if you are not cultured enough to know this song its a kiss to build a dream on by Louis Armstrong https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sgMjyy7G6w

------------------------------------Coruscant-------------------------------------
A group of a half-dozen thugs come out of the hide out looking gruff, smug, and deadly. The one who appears to be the leader speaks with an air of contempt, "How do you know of this place and what do you owe the Black Sun?"[/quote]

Slavik grimaced his hand hovering over the grip of his pistol. "I know of this place because I am in the business of information. I owe nothing to the Black Sun but because I am in the business of information I came looking to purchase some information."

Inaudible to all but Slavik two clicks resonated from his ear Comm signaling his mean had shot lined up on all the black sun lackeys.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:28 am

--Piram II, Installation--

Rain kept free-falling downward, slicing the drones in his path. It seemed to him as if the dark walls of the hollow pillar kept going on and on as he gained speed. Then, he saw it, far far down, but, it was massive, almost as wide as the massive pillar, it looked like a missile at first, as the lights inside of it turned on, then he saw the entirety of the ship. As he fell through the opening, he would see to the side just how massive this thing was. This installation wasn't some archive, or a bunker, or even a mining operation. It was a shipyard.

"...That's not good, but, at least I know where the drones are coming from." Rain mutters to himself, as he flips around and lands on his feet atop of the metallic surface of the ship. Some of the drones were already reacting to the threat now present on their ship, and moved to eliminate Rain entirely. "Lara, we've got a bigger problem... This place is a shipyard, and they left us a pretty big boat down here." "I'm a little busy at the moment." Lara replied through the commlink.

Lara stood there, telekineticly crushing all the drones that approached her as her team sliced a path through the massive blockade in the wide hallways. Soon, the rest of Rain's team joined up with them, covering their backs from being flanked. "We're still advancing towards the control center, it's a heck of a ways down, but they finally pinpointed the location when the place turned on." "That's good, can you also tell them we're going to need a couple dozen nukes to clean this thing up before it leaves?" Rain replied dully, as low-pitched squealing sounds could be heard on the other side, a testament to Rain's defending himself against steep odds again. "Dominae, this is the Leviathan, your objective is to keep that ship on the ground at all costs." "Yeah, we're working on it!"

--Piram II, Orbit--

"We're working on it, so shut up!" Rain shouted through the comms, echoing through the bridge amongst the sea of other voices giving orders all around. "Put the fleet just above the installation and target the installation." Marion ordered plainly, the captain nodding as the ship began to move, alongside the others. More and more fighters came from the small fleet to try and compensate for the increasing number of enemy drones, as the heavy dogfighting already moved to within the fleet, flashes of light and anti-fighter turrets firing like crazy to keep the enemy drones from targeting the larger ships.

--Aves, The Unbroken--

"You tell me, Admiral. I mean, it came from space, and here I am, it's obviously important, and add in those flashes of light and energy in space on its way here, they weren't natural, and there were no meteors around. So take your best guess." Shadow says, grinning as he leaned in towards Ackbar, curious as to his response.

--Coruscant--

Siber just takes out his lightsaber, not visibly at first anyway. "Tell your master he's not going to live long if he gets in our way." Siber says coldly, as he activates the lightsaber's silver, glowing blade and threw it at the soldiers, it stabbing through one thug, and then swirled around and aimed at the remaining ones, twirling around for the added 'Jedi' feel to its manipulation.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:40 am

//Black Sun base\Coruscant//

The thugs open fire on the party, inside a large number of gunmen run to the windows after hearing the shots, and also open fire.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Aug 09, 2011 10:47 am

*Slavik trows down a portable bubble shield shielding himself from fire his commandos hidden in adjacent buildings open fire.*

"God [censored] it Siber if you ever do something that stupid again........." Slavik was cut off by an explosion as one of his troop blew the front of the base open with a shaped charge launcher. "We have to salvage this situation lets get in side and see if we can get to the black sun data banks."
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:19 am

//Black Sun base\Coruscant//

After a slightly prolonged firefight the party overcomes the thugs with minimal casualties (I expect at least a paper cut, :p). However, the building is heavily damaged and when the access consoles are reached it is found that at the data has been corrupted by a power surge. Despite this, it can be reconstructed with some difficulty with the proper technology.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Aug 09, 2011 11:29 am

Sir Noret wrote://Black Sun base\Coruscant//

After a slightly prolonged firefight the party overcomes the thugs with minimal casualties (I expect at least a paper cut, :p). However, the building is heavily damaged and when the access consoles are reached it is found that at the data has been corrupted by a power surge. Despite this, it can be reconstructed with some difficulty with the proper technology.

*Slavik taps his foot impatiently as the medic tends to a blaster burn on his arm he plugs the Lazarus' AI into the Black sun network*

"well find any thing legion?" Slavik asks tapping his foot.

"I have found some relevant data but it was scrambled by a power surge during our attack it would require special equipment to decipher."

"Of course it will any idea were we need to start looking?"

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Tue Aug 09, 2011 12:31 pm

//Coruscant//

"Well you could try a tech store... This is Coruscant after all, if you can't find it here then it could take sometime, or you could take the less legal route and try the black market; it'll probably take longer and cost more, but at least you guranteed of eventually finding one."

(I assumed you wanted me to GM your AI, for plot advancement)
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Tue Aug 09, 2011 4:20 pm

--Aves, the Unbroken--

*Ackbar's eyes flare and his foot ever so slightly shifts toward his energy pistol, but he shakes his head and instead flies over to the nestling, which begins demandingly pecking at his breastbone for food. The hawk awkwardly lowers his head, and the little creature instantly opens its beak and rams its head into that of its caretaker. Ackbar jerks his head up, spluttering, and then shakes himself, lowering his head once more, this time opening his beak as well. The nestling repeats its action from before, resulting in the two avians being "locked at the beak". It pushes against Ackbar, and before long, his throat contracts and the pieces of fish he had eaten before slide from his crop and into the nestling's waiting gape. The exchange is soon over, and the nestling stops squalling at last. Ackbar steps off to the side, gagging.*

Ackbar: ...I guess I'll have to get used to that. *The nestling has now curled up in its makeshift brood nest and is sound asleep.*

*The Unbroken continues its journey. Presently, the airship receives a video transmission that is bounced down to Ackbar's cabin. The line is from Ironbeak, who smartly salutes when the hawk comes online.*

Ironbeak: Sir!

Ackbar: At ease, General. What do you have to report?

Ironbeak: We've reached the main impact site. The object crashed into the mountains and carved a whole new valley into the area before it finally stopped. Most of the area around it is devastated--forests obliterated, rivers' courses altered, and a lot of the surrounding rock vaporized. Thankfully, the damage is limited to nature only--the nearest inhabited area is a good 100 kilometers away.

Ackbar: Thank Aves for that.

Ironbeak: I will, sir, though I imagine that the spirit of our world doesn't appreciate things coming from space and tearing up its surface.

Ackbar: Probably. What else?

Ironbeak: We've set up a perimeter around the object, sir, and are trying to cool down the surrounding area enough that we can send a science team down to investigate.

Ackbar: Have you learned anything at the moment?

Ironbeak: Yes, sir. Visual scans indicate a sort of angular geometry to its shape and surface sensors have deduced that it is composed of an unknown metal of some kind. I got a good look at it myself from the bridge cameras, Commander--it's hard to make out any details through the smoke coming from it, but I can tell you plain and simple that whatever this thing is, it's not natural.

*Ackbar broods on this data and its massive implications for several long moments before replying.* Ackbar: Thank you for that report, General. The Unbroken will be arriving soon and we can discuss this further in person.

Ironbeak: Absolutely, sir. Oh yes--one more thing. The scanners were thought to have picked up life signs inside the object, but they're gone now.

*The Commander only nods, and Ironbeak signs off.*

*The Unbroken soon arrives over the mountain range and has nearly reached the impact site. The many airships of Ironbeak's fleet are visible in the distance and growing steadily larger. Then, the bridge officer opens a line to Ackbar's cabin.*

Ackbar: Yes?

Bridge Officer: Sir, your presence is requested on the bridge.

Ackbar: Understood. I'll be there soon. *He readjusts his military attire for a moment before heading out the door. There, the Commander hesitates, and then waves one of his cabin guards over.*

Guard: Sir?

Ackbar: I have an order for you, trooper. Go into my cabin and guard what you find there. I will be back shortly to relieve you.

Guard: ...yes, sir. *The avian flies into the open doorway, and Ackbar closes it behind him. The Commander then proceeds to the airship's bridge.*

Ackbar: Well, what is it, Officer?

Bridge Officer: We're tracking something on our sensors, sir. From what we can tell, it's high above us and is closing fast on the impact site.

*Ackbar's feathers rise in alarm.* Ackbar: Do we have a visual?

Bridge Officer: We will soon, sir...there!

*A screen on the bridge displays a new object, far larger than the one at the impact site, flying at impossible speed in the direction of the impact site.*

Bridge Officer: What do you want us to do, Commander?

*Ackbar's feathers bristle even further, and he suddenly springs into action.* Ackbar: All crew on deck!! Battle stations, battle stations!! Prepare for combat! Hold course, set emergency full burn!! Get a transmission to Ironbeak and tell him that he's about to be attacked!!! MOVE!

*The bridge suddenly comes alive with activity as the new object passes over the Unbroken. Alarms blare and crewbirds begin rushing back and forth in a frenzy. The screen continues to display the object, and as Ackbar watches, a missile leaps from its mass. A second screen tracks the missile as it hurtles downward, until the warhead smashes into one of the airships clustered at the impact site. The missile effortlessly blows through the ship's shields with its kinetic force alone and explodes directly on the hull, engulfing the vessel in a gigantic fireball that consumes most of its mass.*

*The Unbroken suddenly accelerates, and Ackbar grits his beak as he watches the attacker streak down from the sky and descend upon Ironbeak's airship fleet. Several beams of energy emitted from the thing easily cut through shields, armor, and hull alike, leaving multiple airships half-melted hulks even as the fireball from the first missile dies down, with its victim a charred husk. More missiles launch from the assailant and engulf other airships in their infernos, while those not already struck try to fight back. The avians' own missiles, energy blasts, and beam blazes have no effect whatsoever on the hostile, save to seemingly annoy it as it strikes the offending vessels down with little effort. The rapidly-accumulating destroyed airships slowly fall out of the sky and smash into the mountains below with earth-shattering reports.*

*The slaughter proceeds at an extraordinary speed, until only a few airships are left in the sky over the impact site--Ironbeak's ship included. The object finishes them off, lastly pummeling Ironbeak's flagship until it succumbs in a violent fireball, smashing into a nearby mountainside. Ackbar's beak has been wide open in shock, but now it is clenched in smoldering rage.* Ackbar: Power up weapons and prepare to fire on the hostile target!

(A few seconds later) Gunnery Officer: Weapons ready, sir!!

Ackbar: FIRE!!

*The Unbroken's impressive array of energy cannons and beam projectors all turn and open fire on the attacker in a hail of energy and death. The first shots manage to catch it off-guard, causing several explosions on its surface, but the rest of the warship's sally impacts uselessly against its target's shields. Seconds later, the target returns fire with energy bolts of its own. The Unbroken's shields barely manage to deflect the first few bolts, but they soon collapse and the airship is swiftly rent from stem to stern by its opponent's terrible bombardment. The bridge is spared the worst of the punishment, but the Unbroken is spent. The airship begins to list, and the Bridge Officer attempts to herd Ackbar out.* Bridge Officer: Sir!! We have to get out of here; the ship is going to crash!

*Ackbar wrenches himself away from the officer.* Ackbar: You get everyone out--I have something I need to do!! GO! *He overrules the officer's protest and zips out of the bridge. All throughout the halls of the airship, crewbirds are running back and forth to escape it. Many corridors are gone entirely, forcing the hawk to take multiple detours until he finally reaches his cabin. The guard inside is dead, having been flung into a wall by one of the explosions. However, the nestling is alive and well, and its squalling allows the Commander to easily find it. As he cradles the little creature against his chest, the floor suddenly lurches underneath him. An automated voice comes on over the speakers.*

Voice: WARNING. BRACE FOR IMPACT. WARNING. BRACE FOR IMPACT. WARNING. BRACE FOR IMPACT.

*Ackbar casts about desperately before he finds the hidden door in the center of his cabin floor and slips into its built-in impact shelter. He curls his body around the nestling to keep it safe.*

Ackbar: If I die here, Aves curse you until the end of time, Shadow. *These are his last thoughts before a monstrous roar fills his mind and he blacks out.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Aug 12, 2011 9:06 pm

While waiting for the diplomats from the Turian Hierarchy Roach teleports to Ramius he enters the garage under Ramius great fortress were he stores his land vehicles he peruses the line of automobiles and stops in front of a Red Audi S5. He does an inspection to make sure the vehicle is filled with fuel and in optimal condition. When he has every thing adjusted to his liking he peels out of the garage taking the hidden road around to were it discreetly met with the highway. The great highways of Ramius were mostly empty, most citizens choosing to use air speeders or site to site transporters. This left Roach free to drive at high speed avoiding the occasion land speeder or car he set out into the county side toward an old Russian air strip. The road through the country side was clear for miles ahead Ramius' moon casting silvery beams of light on the lakes and the orchards in full bloom in the spring night. Roach drifted around a sharp curve and thundered down an old gravel road a plume of dust behind him until he came to the old air port.

The old air port was the last remnant of Rumi city the former capital of Ramius that had been destroyed in a civil war centuries ago for those few on Ramius who still practiced the art of automobile racing it was their home. The old airstrips maintained by a private benefactor provided an optimal place to race, the old hangers had been turned into garages and parts stores a car wash manned by scantily clad women served as the main social point in the warm spring air. Roach reached the gate were he was greeted by a tall slender woman with bright green eyes and short blonde hair.

"Hay there handsome haven't seen you around before. You come to race?" She asked in a perky tone.

"Why else would i bee here?" Roach said revving his cars engine to make a point.

"Nice car an Audi S5 right? Not many people race luxury style cars around here most race tuners or muscle cars. Well if you want in you have to pay the registration fee 2000 credits and i need a name to ad to the list." She replied with a smile.

Roach counted out the required currency and told her to put his name down simply as Mr. Roach. The heavy motorized metallic gates slid open with a loud groan. Roach drove through and was directed to the rookie circuit. Roach stepped out of his car when he arrived and he was welcomed warmly by the other rookie drivers. A tall dark skinned man approached them he pulled a data pad from his coat and addressed the four drivers.

"Alright rookies I'm Watson and this is the small time but we all gotta start some were right? Today the four of you are gonna be doing a three lap race through the old parking lot the force fields will form a randomly generated track once you hit the staring line the buy in is 200 creds so pay up and lets get this party started. Winner gets whole pot and a stamp on his members card you got a the gate get three stamps and you advance from bronze to silver membership meaning you can then race for pink slips against other silver member or you can race normal circuits for stamps and cash you don't get stamps for slips racing so keep that in mind, the buy in will increase but so will the rewards."

The four payed the small buy in and set up at the staring line. The force field computer generated the track a simple layout with several sharp bends. Roach surveyed his competition. To his left in a red 1996 Chevy Impala SS was a short balding man who had introduced him self as Dan, On his right were two vehicles a pink Mazda RX7 with a hello kitty logo on the hood driven by a young woman named Numi, and beyond her was the only vehicle that worried Roach a Green 1971 Plymouth Barracuda driven by a Stocky older man with a white beard who called himself Santa. Equipped with a Hemi V8 producing at least 350 horsepower nearly as much as Roach's own vehicle and with the insane amount of torque being able to reach its top speed in a flash. Roach's only hope was to rely on his vehicles greater handling and slightly higher top speed.

A scantily clad Zabrak woman strode out to the center of the line and raised her hands in the air. The air was filled with the sounds of roaring engines Roach kicked on some music and rested his hand on the gear shift watching his rpm gauge. When she brought her arms down the four cars leap from the line. As roach had predicted Santa took the lead early on the first straight away. with Numi and Dan behind Roach fighting for third place the came to the first tun with roach just lagging behind Santa who had to slow down and drift around the sharp bend in the track Roach keeping a brisk speed yanked his E brake and with his cars nose nearly touching the inner wall expertly slid around the corner passing Santa Roach shifted back up and rocketed forward Santa recovering quickly from the turn was hot on his bumper. with Numi and Dan close behind. Roach maneuvered easily around the more gradual turn on the track allowing him to gain a better bit of lead Numi in her nimble little Mazda manged to briefly pass Santa and appeared on roach bumper until the came to the strait way leaving her back to trading places with Dan. With Roach and Santa still fighting for fist place.

It came to the last lap with Santa and Roach right next to each other as the rounded the last turn on the final strait away Fire spit from the tail pipe of the might 'Cuda it shot forward using a boost of nitrous "Too soon Santa." Roach muttered as Santa's nos ran out Roach mashed the button on his steering wheel fire spit from his exhaust as he rocketed past Santa and over the finish line Santa following close behind and Numi and Dan finishing tied for third. The force fields kicked off and Roach did a victory donut before rejoining the others who had parked in a row and stepped out of their vehicles Roach parked facing them and cut off his engine and stepped out his car.

Santa walked forward and extended his hand. Roach accepted it and shook it.

"Popped my Nos to early i had the better car but you had the better instincts good driving my friend." he said with a hearty chuckle

Dan walked up and clapped his hand on Roach's shoulder. "Super great race man been awhile since I've seen some one drive like that you've got some killer reflexes."

Numi walked up to him and said. "Not bad first race is also your first win you've got a mean set of wheels there don't forget to take it by the shop and get a new set of tires and some gas."

Finally Watson approached and handed Roach his winnings as well as stamping his card. "Good driving there rookie glad to see some one know how to put a fine piece of German engineering to use. Do that two more nights in a row and you can start making some real money and maybe win yourself a new car."

Roach leaned against the hood of his car a grin on his face his Adrenaline rush satisfied for the night after meeting a few of the mechanics and filling up on gasoline and swapping his tires roach headed back home.

(Been playing need for speed so had to do a racing post lol)

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sun Aug 14, 2011 4:35 pm

--Ramius--

*A Turian consular fleet with a small escort comes out of FTL at Ramius, led by the dreadnought Cardroska. The fleet sends out a general transmission on all channels.*

Transmission: This is Garrus Vakarian to any government of the planet Ramius. We come in peace on a diplomatic mission in response to the aid given to us at our colony of Kargul following a Sansha/Blood Raider attack. Request docking permission and berths for our vessels.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Aug 15, 2011 2:10 am

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Ramius--

*A Turian consular fleet with a small escort comes out of FTL at Ramius, led by the dreadnought Cardroska. The fleet sends out a general transmission on all channels.*

Transmission: This is Garrus Vakarian to any government of the planet Ramius. We come in peace on a diplomatic mission in response to the aid given to us at our colony of Kargul following a Sansha/Blood Raider attack. Request docking permission and berths for our vessels.

"This is Ramius control you my dock your vessels at dock yard A6 sending coordinates now. The High council will meet you aboard the Litany of Defiance."

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:34 pm

--Ramius--

Garrus: Thank you. As a gesture of goodwill, we have brought the aid ships you sent us. They are unharmed and their help was much appreciated.

*The ships are allowed to return to their people as the Hierarchy fleet docks in the aforementioned yard. The delegation takes a shuttle over to the Litany of Defiance as directed.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:48 pm

Garrus: Thank you. As a gesture of goodwill, we have brought the aid ships you sent us. They are unharmed and their help was much appreciated.

*The ships are allowed to return to their people as the Hierarchy fleet docks in the aforementioned yard. The delegation takes a shuttle over to the Litany of Defiance as directed.*

*the delegation is met by a pair of trooper in t-45d power armor the both walk forward and salute smarty.*

"im Colonel Brun if you will follow us we will lead you to the negotiations."

*the colonel lead them down a set of corridors to the entrance to Roach's lounge in the center of the room decorated in the style of 1950's earth is a large round table circled by large arm chairs at the table sat Roach Kane and Tsar Putin playing cards*

"Darn you Kane i swear you are cheating that's what seven hands in a row now?" Roach grumbled as Kane took the last of his chips

"Sheer skill my son sheer skill" Kane remarked coolly.

"I don't buy it he is full of it well Ive had enough and our guest have arrived."

*the cards disappear from the table*

"Welcome" Roach said as they all stood "please sit join us for some drinks and let us talk."

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:01 pm

--Ramius--

*The turians, somewhat confused by the casual setting, nonetheless take their seats and, after a confirmation of no levo-amino acids being present in the drinks, begin sipping the beverages. They politely wait for their hosts to speak first.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:10 pm

*The turians, somewhat confused by the casual setting, nonetheless take their seats and, after a confirmation of no levo-amino acids being present in the drinks, begin sipping the beverages. They politely wait for their hosts to speak first.*

"we will be blunt this Sanasha-Blood Raider threat has been more of a problem then any one could have anticipated. With the dissolving of CONCORD and the empires to busy with their civil war no one was around to keep them in check. The have wiped out most of the other factions in this region only a few powerful Corporate alliances hold them at bay on some fronts but here were they are strongest the go after the richest worlds and the best biological stock." Roach said

"We have been able to stall them with a staggering array of hit and fade tactics but they have been quite capable of keeping us from continuing those operations they cut off all our Intel and tightened their defenses. We have to strike and cut their production mining facilities, shipyards storage plants and their drug warehouses witch generate most of their income." Kane continued

"With a coordinated counter attack from our two navies we believe we would have the amount of resources needed to break their hold on this region once we do that we can hire the other alliances fighting them to bolster our strength and finally decapitate their leader ship." Tsar Putin finished.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:27 pm

*The turians digest the three leaders information slowly.* Garrus: What you say is true, Councillors--we've been fighting these raids for several years now and no matter how many ships we destroy or assaults we turn back, they just keep coming. It's all our Legions can do to guard the Hierarchy's colonies, and every time a few more hundred thousand civilians go missing. I don't see how we can keep this up unless we work together.

*The other delegates nod assent, and Garrus continues.* However, before we can agree to any joint offensive, we must ask your help in recovering the civilians abducted in the raid on Kargul. We have tracked the raider fleet responsible to an uncharted star system and are preparing a Legion to attack them. Any aid you can lend us would be highly appreciated--we promised the families on Kargul that we would bring their loved ones back, dead or alive. It's time to fulfill that promise.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:45 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:*The turians digest the three leaders information slowly.* Garrus: What you say is true, Councillors--we've been fighting these raids for several years now and no matter how many ships we destroy or assaults we turn back, they just keep coming. It's all our Legions can do to guard the Hierarchy's colonies, and every time a few more hundred thousand civilians go missing. I don't see how we can keep this up unless we work together.

*The other delegates nod assent, and Garrus continues.* However, before we can agree to any joint offensive, we must ask your help in recovering the civilians abducted in the raid on Kargul. We have tracked the raider fleet responsible to an uncharted star system and are preparing a Legion to attack them. Any aid you can lend us would be highly appreciated--we promised the families on Kargul that we would bring their loved ones back, dead or alive. It's time to fulfill that promise.

"The Russian first battle group is available while the Litany must stay to defend Ramius. The Executor-class dreadnaught Pyotr the Great is available to lead the attack. In a word i can offer 100 capital ships I can leave immediately." Roach said rising to his feet.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:09 pm

--Ramius--

*The turians begin to rise as well, given new hope with the prospect of being able to reunite with their lost people. Garrus walks up to Roach and hands him a small data disc.* Garrus: Very good, thank you. The 7th Naval Defense Legion has been mustered at a staging area not far from the raiders' location--the coordinates for it are on this disc. General Septimus is in charge of this attack; report to him when you arrive. *He turns to the rest of the officials.* We must depart now that this has been arranged, Councillors. Other matters demand our attention. Thank you for your help today.

*The turian delegation says good-bye politely and takes the shuttle back to their fleet, which then undocks from the yard, heads to FTL jump range, and leaves Ramius.

--Unknown World--

*The hive has now grown to encompass most of the volcanic mountain range and is now beginning to resemble a giant living city. At the top of one of its many spires, the largest of the creatures keeps a silent vigil, looking up at the stars.*

*At length, a glint in the night sky catches its eye.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:17 pm

As the Turian's left Roach teleported to the Pyotr he took his seat at the throne like command chair and grouped up his battle group at the edge of the system he handed the disc to his navigation officer a tall Klingon woman she stepped over and plotted the fleets jump and then with a lurch the ship[s shot into hyper space. Roach pulled a flask from his belt and took a sip the strong Elvish liquor invigorating him and providing strength. The battle group dropped out of hyper space the three might Stridents forming a semi circle around their flag ship.

"Good to see you again Septimus i will be honored to fight by your side." Roach said over a comm to the waiting Turian fleet."
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 11 of 40 Previous  1 ... 7 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 25 ... 40  Next