Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+6
Comrade Greiv
Fore Admiral Disayle
Roach
Sir Noret
Wynn
Quantum Rain
10 posters

Page 1 of 40 1, 2, 3 ... 20 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter Two Empty Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter two, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!

Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:50 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.

Lae shook his head. "No, [censored] that, I might not know you personally, but I know what that grin means." He stood there in a 'ready stance' preparing to charge and tackle him. "Go find some brainless idiot to do it for you."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:48 am

"Oh come on, a few motion simulations shouldn't be THAT scary." Reeds said still grinning. He pulled out several odd, round, red objects, sensors probably, from the top of the datapad and threw them at Lae, one at a time. "Put these on the joints of your arms and legs in any way you seem comfortable with. And please don't tear those." He says, turning toward the datapad and pressing a few, spaced out buttons on the screen. To Lae, it was random, to Reeds, it was deliberate calibration. "Also place one of those sensors on your forehead. I want to measure your brain activity during these simulations." When Lae went to do so, he would notice that the sensors seemed to snap into place with an odd hissing sound. Once attached, he almost didn't actually feel it, except for the odd tingling in his teeth.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:51 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Oh come on, a few motion simulations shouldn't be THAT scary." Reeds said still grinning. He pulled out several odd, round, red objects, sensors probably, from the top of the datapad and threw them at Lae, one at a time. "Put these on the joints of your arms and legs in any way you seem comfortable with. And please don't tear those." He says, turning toward the datapad and pressing a few, spaced out buttons on the screen. To Lae, it was random, to Reeds, it was deliberate calibration. "Also place one of those sensors on your forehead. I want to measure your brain activity during these simulations." When Lae went to do so, he would notice that the sensors seemed to snap into place with an odd hissing sound. Once attached, he almost didn't actually feel it, except for the odd tingling in his teeth.

Lae put them on and waited a few moments with them attached. "...I feel ridiculous..." He groaned. "What am i supposed to do?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 10:58 am

"Simulations. Normally, I would use holographic sensors, but they are not as accurate, and the Special Forces has above-average standards." He continued to press several buttons to calibrate the sensors. "Stand up." He ordered, rude due to his being engrossed in the datapad. "Hmm, alright, I have all of the norms. It would seem that you are more interesting mentally than physically. I keep detecting a second pattern from this damnable machine... Oh well. Follow me if you will." He said, leading Lae to a large, white, empty room with ominously thick walls and entirely blank walls, blending perfectly with the ceiling and floor.

"Alright." Reeds started once they were inside. "The entire purpose of this simulation is to see how you move, strike, and block with various weapons. You may not be comfortable with the various weapons you will be wielding, but this simulation is to weed out what is possible and what is not. I will tell you the conditions of the simulation at its start, and please note that the simulation will be as real as I can make it, but not lethal. The opponent will fight back. Understand?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:00 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Simulations. Normally, I would use holographic sensors, but they are not as accurate, and the Special Forces has above-average standards." He continued to press several buttons to calibrate the sensors. "Stand up." He ordered, rude due to his being engrossed in the datapad. "Hmm, alright, I have all of the norms. It would seem that you are more interesting mentally than physically. I keep detecting a second pattern from this damnable machine... Oh well. Follow me if you will." He said, leading Lae to a large, white, empty room with ominously thick walls and entirely blank walls, blending perfectly with the ceiling and floor.

"Alright." Reeds started once they were inside. "The entire purpose of this simulation is to see how you move, strike, and block with various weapons. You may not be comfortable with the various weapons you will be wielding, but this simulation is to weed out what is possible and what is not. I will tell you the conditions of the simulation at its start, and please note that the simulation will be as real as I can make it, but not lethal. The opponent will fight back. Understand?"

"Yes?..." Lae said hesitantly, not liking where this was going. He just waited in the spot he stood in, waiting for the first simulation.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:08 am

"Very well then." He pressed a button on the datapad and the room seemed to electrify at first, and then a longsword appeared, floating in the air in front of Lae. "We shall start with melee weapons. First the longsword. Wield it backhanded or normally, however you feel comfortable with." He said, as Lae's holographic opponent appeared at the far end of the room, a silhouette really, but the same figure and form as any soldier clearly, with the same sword in his hand. "When you are ready, state so and the opponent will begin the combat. If you wish to stop, say so, and the combat will end. All I need is two minutes of your fighting with that sword."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:11 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Very well then." He pressed a button on the datapad and the room seemed to electrify at first, and then a longsword appeared, floating in the air in front of Lae. "We shall start with melee weapons. First the longsword. Wield it backhanded or normally, however you feel comfortable with." He said, as Lae's holographic opponent appeared at the far end of the room, a silhouette really, but the same figure and form as any soldier clearly, with the same sword in his hand. "When you are ready, state so and the opponent will begin the combat. If you wish to stop, say so, and the combat will end. All I need is two minutes of your fighting with that sword."

Lae grabbed the sword, and looked at it. It didnt feel natural to him. "This doesn't feel right..." He muttered to himself. He prepared himself, and ran at the silhouette while just calmly saying "Start." He ran at the silhouette and swung downward on the opponent.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:19 am

The opponent weaved to the left and struck from the side, taking his sword with him in the same movement as he dodged. He flipped around and twirled the sword to point it at Lae, held with both hands near the right-side of his head.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 11:47 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The opponent weaved to the left and struck from the side, taking his sword with him in the same movement as he dodged. He flipped around and twirled the sword to point it at Lae, held with both hands near the right-side of his head.

Lae threw the sword up into the air as the opponent dodged. He kept turning toward it. Once it stopped moving and pointed its sword at him, he stepped forward, grabbed its arm, pulled back, and delivered a full force punch to the side of the head. He spun, caught the sword he tossed up only a second ago, then followed through on the spin, while taking a small step away from the opponent, and brought the sword around twoards the neck. However, his technique would be a bit off, and he would be rather open for a counter attack if the opponent could react in time.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:04 pm

The opponent shot back from the fist punch, falling backwards somewhat, but it still held tightly on to the sword as he recovered quickly, like any expert with a sword would. He spun around, crouched, and struck for Lae's legs, dodging his follow-up. If it connected, it would phase through the legs without damage, but it would feel otherwise.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:09 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The opponent shot back from the attack, but still held tightly on to the sword as he recovered quickly, like any expert with a sword would. He spun around and struck for Lae's legs. If it connected, it would phase through the legs without damage, but it would feel otherwise.

Lae would attempt a dodge, but would have already been in the middle of a full-force swing, so he staggered and fell. He shouted a profanity, but quickly rolled to the side and got back up. He threw the sword at the opponent and leaped after it to deliver a kick to the head for when his opponent inevitably tried to deflect the sword.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:24 pm

The opponent clearly did not expect it, as he deflected the sword but was taken aback when a sudden foot was lodged in his stomach, throwing him backward at a force probably even Lae did not expect to exert. "Stop." Reeds announced loudly, looking half-grim and half-curious if that were possible. "I must say-" He started again, as he typed away on the datapad, and the opponent slowly got back up from the sudden attack. "I have never seen anyone blame the sword in that manner."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:26 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The opponent clearly did not expect it, as he deflected the sword but was taken aback when a sudden foot was lodged in his stomach, throwing him backward at a force probably even Lae did not expect to exert. "Stop." Reeds announced loudly, looking half-grim and half-curious if that were possible. "I must say-" He started again, as he typed away on the datapad, and the opponent slowly got back up from the sudden attack. "I have never seen anyone blame the sword in that manner."

"You want me to be honest?" He said, still half-frustrated. "That thing does NOT feel natural at ALL." He put his hands out wards in a gesture as he said 'at all'. He just paced a bit and then looked back at reeds. "What's next? Warhammer? 747 Jet Engine?" Lae said sarcastically.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:32 pm

"Actually, yes!" He said with the same mischievous grin, as a warhammer and a jet engine appeared in front of Lae, the latter actually running as if it were in use. The silhouette seemed to look at the new weapons then looked back at Reeds. If one could see any emotion in its black figure, it was probably asking if Reeds was even remotely serious.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:39 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Actually, yes!" He said with the same mischievous grin, as a warhammer and a jet engine appeared in front of Lae, the latter actually running as if it were in use. The silhouette seemed to look at the new weapons then looked back at Reeds. If one could see any emotion in its black figure, it was probably asking if Reeds was even remotely serious.

Lae looked at Reeds, then back at the silhouette. "[censored] it." He finally said, taking the war hammer. "Ill find a way to make this work..." He walked towards the silhouette with a rather annoyed look in his eye. "Start, [censored]."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:42 pm

The silouhette turned back to Lae, shaking his head and holding up his hands, as if to say, ultimately, "no." Reeds just busted up laughing, almost falling over as the weapons disappeared. "Alright, alright! Ahahahahaha! Heheheh... ahem, moving along, we are going to use a lighter weapon. Perhaps a short sword this time?" He said, as such appeared before Lae. The same sword was also in the opponent's hands.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:46 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The silouhette turned back to Lae, shaking his head and holding up his hands, as if to say, ultimately, "no." Reeds just busted up laughing, almost falling over as the weapons disappeared. "Alright, alright! Ahahahahaha! Heheheh... ahem, moving along, we are going to use a lighter weapon. Perhaps a short sword this time?" He said, as such appeared before Lae. The same sword was also in the opponent's hands.

Lae took the sword and twirled it a little. Now that actually feels about right... Ultimately, he flipped it backhand and said "Start" He ran at the silhouette and brought the shortsword downward from over his right shoulder. When the silhouette would ultimately deflect it, he would quickly spin the other way and attempt to stab low from the opposite direction.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 12:54 pm

The opponent responded, acting equally as an expert. Time seemed to fly by as the simulations were a constant stop and go. Lae went through various weapons, some fitting, some not. Ultimately, he went through daggers, swords, maces, light axes, and various other weapons. All of it seemed medieval to modern standards, but then again, Reeds seemed to be quite out of place with the sense of normal to begin with.

Eventually the time passed into ranged weapons, this time with stand still and then moving targets, all at varying ranges and difficulties. This was also the time when Lae was tested with blasters (pistols, rifles, and heavier weapons), bows, and then finally throwing knives. He was allowed the occasional rest, Reeds explaining it as a time for the sensors to pick up any abnormalities or for him to think about the results. Rarely was Lae asked to repeat a session.

"Hmm. I must admit, these results are most interesting." Reeds admitted at the end of the simulations, mulling through the results as the silhouettes faded out, the knives in their heads, torsos and the walls in between them, disappearing along with them.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The opponent responded, acting equally as an expert. Time seemed to fly by as the simulations were a constant stop and go. Lae went through various weapons, some fitting, some not. Ultimately, he went through daggers, swords, maces, light axes, and various other weapons. All of it seemed medieval to modern standards, but then again, Reeds seemed to be quite out of place with the sense of normal to begin with.

Eventually the time passed into ranged weapons, this time with stand still and then moving targets, all at varying ranges and difficulties. This was also the time when Lae was tested with blasters (pistols, rifles, and heavier weapons), bows, and then finally throwing knives. He was allowed the occasional rest, Reeds explaining it as a time for the sensors to pick up any abnormalities or for him to think about the results. Rarely was Lae asked to repeat a session.

"Hmm. I must admit, these results are most interesting." Reeds admitted at the end of the simulations, mulling through the results as the silhouettes faded out, the knives in their heads, torsos and the walls in between them, disappearing along with them.

Lae began taking the sensors off, having gotten sick of having them on. "What is?" He inquired taking the one on his forehead off.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:07 pm

"Well, you clearly showed that you're lacking in the standard military weapon skills. You seem more inclined for speed, which is understandable. Your mental aptitude readings also demonstrates such. This was to be expected, but you seem somewhat rough around the edges." As he said this he turned toward the door and started walking, whether Lae followed or not was up to him. "This will be challenging indeed. Tell me, what weapons were most comfortable to you?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 1:20 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Well, you clearly showed that you're lacking in the standard military weapon skills. You seem more inclined for speed, which is understandable. Your mental aptitude readings also demonstrates such. This was to be expected, but you seem somewhat rough around the edges." As he said this he turned toward the door and started walking, whether Lae followed or not was up to him. "This will be challenging indeed. Tell me, what weapons were most comfortable to you?"

Lae thought for a moment. "Shortswords, daggers, throwing knives, and the bow... all of which retro weapons for whatever reason." He said, somewhat surprised that he didnt even make a mention of the guns he had used.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:06 pm

"I see. Very well then, I shall endeavor to give you appropriate armaments for you." As they entered the lab, Reeds held out his hand, calling forth from its original position another oddly shaped device of unknown, doubtlessly mischievous purpose. He seemed entirely engrossed in the datapad's readings. "Return in two hours, by then you will have your weapons." He looked up from his datapad and towards Lae, looking at his figure. "And you may want to get nutrition before your arms fall apart from their own weight." He said jokingly, turning toward his lab stations, already doing work on their own it seemed.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:09 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"I see. Very well then, I shall endeavor to give you appropriate armaments for you." As they entered the lab, Reeds held out his hand, calling forth from its original position another oddly shaped device of unknown, doubtlessly mischievous purpose. He seemed entirely engrossed in the datapad's readings. "Return in two hours, by then you will have your weapons." He looked up from his datapad and towards Lae, looking at his figure. "And you may want to get nutrition before your arms fall apart from their own weight." He said jokingly, turning toward his lab stations, already doing work on their own it seemed.

Lae crossed his arms. "If you weren't right, this is the part where i'd say 'ill kick your [censored] if you say that again.'" He replied, then walked out of the room and headed for a weight room straight away. He looked around at the soldiers that may be training. He felt out of place, being the only person in the room with sticks for limbs. Now it's only a matter of the weights, or the other soldiers killing me first...

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Feb 01, 2012 2:40 pm

Reeds was far too engrossed into his work when the rest of his team finally entered the room. They didn't even stop when they saw Reeds' focus and his work taking up half the room to himself. It seemed that it was common place as they set up their respective stations and began their daily research. Some with weapons, others with archeology, and even others with basic technologies such as nanites or energy manipulation devices. Nothing dangerous, not yet anyway.

It took hours for Reeds to finally be satisfied with the results from the various weapons he constructed. They weren't the best pieces of art he has made, but he knew they would do for the kid, and regardless, Serien would be disappointed in him if he gave that kid the best weapons he could muster. It simply would not do to have technology take place of skill. He reviewed the various weapons again and again, thinking back to why he chose them and what they did. A short sword, as the kid asked for, though at first glance normal looking, the metal was self-repairing Nicronium alloy. Thin and light, but sharp and strong, with an extra feature for phase energy. Not the best weapon, but decent enough he supposed.

Then he came to the next feature, a re-curving short bow. At first, unassuming of course, save for the fact that it could fold into a quarter of its size with ease, and could be reshaped, even more easily than that, into a longbow for added range. With the additional option of normal arrows or energy bolts, the bow had quite a range of uses despite not being as fast as a machine gun, he knew the kid would enjoy such a weapon still.

And then he came to the light armor, complete with two odd, but well fitting gauntlets. This piece, he thought, should be left to the kid to figure out and marvel at. If anything, this armor was the best of the equipment made. He snapped his fingers and pointed at a nearby guard, whom quickly walked up to Reeds. "Sir?" "Go find Lae, tell him his Christmas presents are ready."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down