Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 24 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 24 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 24 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Nov 05, 2011 6:58 am

"Hmm. Over already. I suppose we have our new friends to thank for that..." Jonas remarks, his eyes scanning the various wrecks. "Sir, we're receiving a hail from the unknown friendlies. It's an invite to something called the 'Great Hall'. Do you want me to ignore it?" A comm officer spoke up, interrupting Jonas's thoughts. "...No, I'll go, with a small guard division of course. While I am away, scan the pirate ship they have in custody, ping it, and see if we can access their computer network. Ensure to jam their comm signal if it isn't already. Understood?" "Aye, sir. Good luck." The first officer replied, with a slight smile.

A reply is sent, asking for directions and the allowance of a small contingent of guards to come with the acting commander.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:01 am

The Litany Replies sending a message to dock at landing bay 03 and a representative would guide them from there.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:25 am

A small shuttle and two fighters are launched from the Regnum class ship, headed straight toward the set destination. Upon arrival, the two fighters landed first, the pilots not exiting their fighters, as the shuttle shortly landed in between them. From the lowered ramp came Jonas, followed by two light-armored, yet visibly more powerful for it. They were silent as they followed the commander down the ramp. No ceremony, just a simple appearance.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:29 am

They were greeted by a Klingon Ambassador flanked by two trandoshan security officers. The ambassador bowed respectfully.

"welcome to the Litany of Defiance pride of the Free peoples navy. I am Ambassador Brok'dun High admiral Roach awaits you in the Great hall if you would be so kind to follow me." the ambassador said.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:35 am

Jonas returned with a short bow and a nod, as the two guards remained still like statues. Jonas and the guards followed the Klingon ambassador silently, Jonas offering no pretense of striking up a conversation, nor interest in the ship's interior design, as he kept his sight forward on the hallway ahead of him.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:39 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Jonas returned with a short bow and a nod, as the two guards remained still like statues. Jonas and the guards followed the Klingon ambassador silently, Jonas offering no pretense of striking up a conversation, nor interest in the ship's interior design, as he kept his sight forward on the hallway ahead of him.

They arrived at a pair of large wooden doors a statuesque guards stood at either side of doors.

"Here we are the admiral awaits you."

The Guards drew he doors open and beckoned them inside.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Nov 05, 2011 7:45 am

Jonas walked through the doors without hesitation, as the guards stopped and stood on the other side of the hallway, facing the doors. Jonas entered and stopped near the entrance, waiting to be greeted or instructed, or however this 'admiral' worked, he thought.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:35 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Jonas walked through the doors without hesitation, as the guards stopped and stood on the other side of the hallway, facing the doors. Jonas entered and stopped near the entrance, waiting to be greeted or instructed, or however this 'admiral' worked, he thought.

The Great hall was a converted hanger turned into a grand meeting and dining hall the walls were lined with tapestries and paintings chandeliers hung from the ceiling though normally filled with people and tables it was deserted save for one large round table were roach sat his chair leaned back on two legs his feet on the table. Roach sat facing the door with his back to the breathtaking view of space the hanger doors had beer replaced by a sheet of transperisteel.

"Come join me!" Roach aid his voice caused no echo and seemed disembodied.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 am

"..." Jonas sat at the far end of the table, again, waiting to be addressed before he started his own barrage of questions. This man might be a bit off... He thought, looking towards Roach, curiously, but cautious enough to show little to no expressions other than being stoic in nature. And this sensation resonating from him, like a wave... I've seen this before...
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Nov 06, 2011 5:26 am

"I'm Admiral Roach commander of the Free Peoples navy. Care to tell me why you were chasing a Blood Raider battle group?"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:11 am

"To be blunt, yes, I do care." Jonas replied plainly, leaning back a bit and relaxing some. I wonder who this man really is... "Information isn't cheap these days. What I seek is aboard that ship you currently have in your tractor beam. To be further blunt, I am here to request that the ship be turned over to us." I wonder...
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:19 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"To be blunt, yes, I do care." Jonas replied plainly, leaning back a bit and relaxing some. I wonder who this man really is... "Information isn't cheap these days. What I seek is aboard that ship you currently have in your tractor beam. To be further blunt, I am here to request that the ship be turned over to us." I wonder...

"That could be arranged but there is a price. To start with you could be a bit more cordial. Second I'm not turning anything over to you until i know what you want if for. Third." Roach slides a data pad containing a menu across the table to Jonas. "order a drink or a bite some one from the kitchen will beam it down." Roach takes a cigar out of his coat and lights it with a wooden match that he strikes on his boot.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:27 am

Jonas smirks, and presses a button on the datapad, a glass of any wine being his choice. "Yes to the first, and yes to the third, but I'm afraid I must insist on the second due to the classification of the matter. I'm sure we can relate on such matters..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:34 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Jonas smirks, and presses a button on the datapad, a glass of any wine being his choice. "Yes to the first, and yes to the third, but I'm afraid I must insist on the second due to the classification of the matter. I'm sure we can relate on such matters..."

"in other words its a matter of national security eh?" Roach chuckles. "Very well we all have our secrets." Roach taps his wrist communicator. "Freedom this Is admiral Roach turn the blood raider command ship over to our mysterious guests."

"Copy that Admiral Captain Sutra out." A gravely voice replied.

"There call it a gesture of good will. Now as a logical man I can deduce that that ship stole something from you most likely a piece of military tech. And if they were desperate enough to send a whole battle group they mus have thought it would give them a leg up against me. Correct me if I'm wrong?"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:42 am

"If that was their reason for stealing such sensitive information, more than likely it would have given them more than just a 'leg-up', so long as they aren't mindless apes with guns... But we both know how that turned out." Jonas smirks again, "I appreciate your cooperation on the matter, however."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:47 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"If that was their reason for stealing such sensitive information, more than likely it would have given them more than just a 'leg-up', so long as they aren't mindless apes with guns... But we both know how that turned out." Jonas smirks again, "I appreciate your cooperation on the matter, however."

"Well it seems the force smiled upon me today. The Blood Raiders and Sansha have been working relentlessly to break the stale mate I brought us to. Don't Know Why they are so interested in this sector we have a lot of resources yes but nothing worth the kind of effort they have put into it. Unless the Sansha are trying to assimilate Jedi into their hive mind. "
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Nov 06, 2011 8:57 am

"I am not here to question their motives, however, it sounds more like they know something you don't. Information doesn't come cheap after all." Jonas replied coolly.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:00 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"I am not here to question their motives, however, it sounds more like they know something you don't. Information doesn't come cheap after all." Jonas replied coolly.

"Now the question of whether you know something I don't comes to mind."
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:02 am

"Just a few moments ago, I knew nothing of your existence besides faint rumors. The east side of the galaxy is not one often traveled it would seem." Jonas remarked. "In a few more moments, I wonder what we will know next."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:05 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Just a few moments ago, I knew nothing of your existence besides faint rumors. The east side of the galaxy is not one often traveled it would seem." Jonas remarked. "In a few more moments, I wonder what we will know next."
"That's a good question." Roach blew several rings of some and sent them hovering around in circles rapidly changing colors. "Now tell me about your people. What drives you?"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Tue Nov 08, 2011 6:27 pm

--Aves, several days later--

*Ackbar is still working on what he started nearly a week ago: a ship design. Now it is nearly finished, and he prepares the final touches while Bularr plays with a stuffed fish in another section of his office. The gentle hum of the hawk's desk and the nestling's happy squawks, combined with the slanting sunbeams of an early morning in Farruvian, provide a pleasant atmosphere for the place. Ackbar looks up from his work to watch fondly as Bularr throws the fish across the office and runs after it, flapping his downy wings. Rubbing his eyes, the Commander jumps off his perch, scuttles over, and seizes the toy in his beak. Holding it out of Bularr's reach, he throws it again, and once again Bularr races to pounce on it with his surprisingly powerful talons. In a flash, Ackbar leaps onto the scene and clamps his beak over the fish once more, triggering a little game of tug-of-war...which he allows Bularr to win.*

Ackbar (panting): You're getting stronger, Bularr.

Bularr: I am?

Ackbar (grin): Yep. You're starting to grow up...your voice is getting bigger, and you're starting to get real feathers. Take a look.

*Bularr drops the fish and examines himself. Sure enough, underneath his fluffy down, the early stages of true feathers have sprouted from his skin. As though suddenly realizing this, he scratches at the bumpy skin.*

Bularr: Oh...so that's why I've been itching like Aves knows what.

Ackbar (suddenly anxious): No, Bularr, don't do that!

*Bularr immediately stops, frightened, and Ackbar quickly softens up again.* Ackbar: I know it itches something fierce and even hurts a little, but you can't scratch. It'll hurt the feathers before they finish growing, or worse, cause them to grow badly. If either of those things happens, you won't get a proper plumage after your next molt.

Bularr: But...it itches so much...how do I stop?

Ackbar: Think of anything--think of flying!

*Bularr let his foot drop to his side and a dreamy look comes into his eyes. At that moment, a knock sounds at the door to the office.* Ackbar: Come in!

*The door opens, admitting none other than Addrson. The two friends fondly embrace, and then head over to the desk. Bularr resumes playing with his stuffed fish.* Addrson: Good to see you're getting on well, sir.

Ackbar: I sure hope so. What news from around the planet?

Addrson: Better than our wildest dreams. Only a few avians abstained from voting on the new government and mandate, but all of them who did cast their ballots voted yes.

*Ackbar breathes a sigh of relief.* Ackbar: And so our people choose survival. This is a new day in our history...I've already set the scientists researching improvements to our current technology. You should say how quickly they're innovating and coming up with new ideas. So much that was used to kill during the war is now being turned to the greater good of our people.

Addrson: I can imagine. *His eyes stray to the nearly-completed ship design and grow wide in amazement.* Commander, I...what is that?

*Ackbar presses a button on his desk with his beak, bringing up a more comprehensive view of the proposed vessel.* Ackbar: This is the ship that will be our shield and our sword out there among the stars.

*The trumpeter's eyes, already large, grow even larger as he examines the enormous technical specifications and requirements for the ship.* Addrson: Sir...even if the creation of such a ship was feasible...it would be incredibly taxing on the resources of Aves. We could build one at best.

Ackbar (soft): One is all we'll need...

*At this point, Addrson decides not to press the technical issue further.* Addrson: Is the design finished?

Ackbar (pause): Very nearly. It just needs a few more touches, and then I'm sending it down to the new R&D division with only one objective for them to meet: "Make it happen".

Addrson: They'll have free reign on this project?

Ackbar: Yes. Once they send the construction details back to me, I'll mandate the building of a great shipyard up by the coast to handle this monumental task and to produce other ships--not just ones to defend our people with, but to carry them off to the very stars.

Addrson (mutter): And here I was hoping you'd forgotten that part...oh, well. If you think this is truly what's best for our people--

Ackbar: What's best? No, Addrson, what would be best for our people would be to stay on our homeworld, rebuild it, and live out the lives of our race once more in peace. This has never been about what was best for us, Addrson.

Addrson (confused): Then what has it all been about, sir?

Ackbar: All the soldiers dead, all the civilians murdered, all the airships and vehicles lost, all the cities razed...all that, and what will come, has been and will be to ensure the survival of our species.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:51 pm

"A culture question, interesting." Jonas remarked, as he thought about why this "admiral" would ask such a question. "Well, admiral, if you must know, we are a people divided amongst seven. As for the... differences between each faction, you would have to visit each, I am not much of a source of cultural knowledge."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Nov 10, 2011 1:58 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"A culture question, interesting." Jonas remarked, as he thought about why this "admiral" would ask such a question. "Well, admiral, if you must know, we are a people divided amongst seven. As for the... differences between each faction, you would have to visit each, I am not much of a source of cultural knowledge."

"Fascinating." roach replied. "You may wonder why I ask about your culture. Mine are an inquisitive people and throughout my long existence i have explored the stars. Finally i brought my people here were we have thrived despite our incursion against the Blood Raiders and the Sansha. As to the question floating about in your mind of who I really am, I'm the leader of my people I train Jedi knights to defend them. I am immortal i have been alive for 11,021 years i have seen nations rise and fall species evolve and join the stars. I have loved many man and done many things I have lead Jedi and Sith i have been a criminal kingpin, a bounty hunter, A senator, a king, and even a god. Does this answer satisfy your curiosity young one?"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:39 pm

"Yes, but young is a bit of a stretch for a man who is fifteen years older than he looks. Then again, from an elder like you, that is nothing." When Roach next seeks to enter his mind, he would find it empty, practically nonexistent this time. "However, curiosity is never assuaged so well. Tell me, of those many years, do you think yourself that much better of a person?" Jonas asked with a sly smile. "Our people worry of that than old age or achievements, myself included when I even have potentially thousands of years ahead of me. I would rather see others claim their tens of years." Jonas leans forward, looking intently at Roach. "Very much so do many of my people desire such, whether it is to make a name or keep one for another, but this will lead to a downfall of our own doing, and we are content with such. Are you smarter to realize this selflessness yet foolishness I wonder? More concerned of those around you than your past?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Nov 10, 2011 2:51 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Yes, but young is a bit of a stretch for a man who is fifteen years older than he looks. Then again, from an elder like you, that is nothing." When Roach next seeks to enter his mind, he would find it empty, practically nonexistent this time. "However, curiosity is never assuaged so well. Tell me, of those many years, do you think yourself that much better of a person?" Jonas asked with a sly smile. "Our people worry of that than old age or achievements, myself included when I even have potentially thousands of years ahead of me. I would rather see others claim their tens of years." Jonas leans forward, looking intently at Roach. "Very much so do many of my people desire such, whether it is to make a name or keep one for another, but this will lead to a downfall of our own doing, and we are content with such. Are you smarter to realize this selflessness yet foolishness I wonder? More concerned of those around you than your past?"

"In all my years most of my accomplishments have been of dual purpose I am ever learning, ever gaining new perspective, I am a creature of change, some say i am the very embodiment of it. What I do I do for the betterment of those whom i care for. But mostly the bigger picture is always my concern. I do what i do for others so that others may never have to witness the evils i have the extremes of a beings nature. But above all i evolve as a person and I enjoy life." Roach pauses taking a sip of the vodka he had beamed down. "Do you understand?"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 24 of 40 Previous  1 ... 13 ... 23, 24, 25 ... 32 ... 40  Next