Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 14 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 14 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 14 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Wynn Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:39 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:--In transit, Loyalty Class MF--

The man lead the kid down a rather long distance, toward the first commander's quarters. As he knocked, the door opened and a rather scruffy, broad, muscular man looked out sleepily at the two that rudely woke him up with his deep blue eyes. With black, short hair, and the beginnings of a beard, he asked the man just what it was that was so important. When the crew member apologized and then explained the situation, the man looked toward the kid, critically at first to gauge the boy's reaction.

"The cryo-tubes haven't been used in years, we use the rooms for storing cargo these days, not people..." He commented, only repeating what the crewman said earlier today. "What were you doing back there to begin with?" He asked, still skeptical of the explanation.

--Piram II, Renegade Ship--

The first shot was so energetic, Rain felt it long before he heard it, and dodged it, sending several of his own back at the drones. As he spun around, he brought his saber to bear, slicing through another drone as he tried to bore through the others with laser fire. He was swift, dodging most of the blasts, reflecting the rest back at them. He attempted not to damage the consoles, but one would say that such was inevitable.

When all was said and done, Rain stood, his back to a large pile of drones and smoking turret guns laying everywhere. A few scraps where he was grazed, but nothing major. Unfortunately, the bridge couldn't be so lucky, having taken a large beating all around, with burn marks and melted metal revealing very complex circuitry and sparks behind them.

Rain calmly walked up to the largest display he could find, that was still working anyway, and studied it, trying to make sense of it. Pressing a button now and then, sometimes the screen reacted, but other times it just flashed and did nothing. Needless to say, he was greatly confused, unsure of what any of these symbols meant, let alone the odd controls placed in front of him.

--In transit, Loyalty Class MF--

The kid looked distraught. "I wasnt doing anything," he said. "I already explained to him I woke up in a cryo tube, and he told you. Im telling you the truth!" The kid's reflection in the wall shook his head at him. "They dont believe you, you just might have to fight your way out of this." The reflection said to him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:45 pm

"Hmm..." The man looked at the kid skeptically for a few more minutes, then brought out a comm link. "Mathysson here, can someone check the power usage for the old cryo-chambers, see if any have been used recently." He said calmly into the commlink, flipping it closed as soon as the affirmative came forth from it. "We'll just have to make sure then. Now, is there anything you know specifically that you're not telling us? We need you to be wholly honest."

After a few minutes, Rain gave up, frustrated at the machine, he took his rifle and shot it multiple times until the display flickered and died away. With his saber, he sliced and smashed the rest, hoping that something would happen that would cause the ship to stop, or something. When he was met with utter disappointment, he sighed, and walked toward the elevator door. Before stepping in, though, he took out a few more photon grenades and lobbed them around the bridge. Immediately pressing the button, as the elevator cabin moved downward, a loud shockwave violently shook the ship, telling him that he has had his revenge this time on technology.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:46 pm

"Hmm..." The man looked at the kid skeptically for a few more minutes, then brought out a comm link. "Mathysson here, can someone check the power usage for the old cryo-chambers, see if any have been used recently." He said calmly into the commlink, flipping it closed as soon as the affirmative came forth from it. "We'll just have to make sure then. Now, is there anything you know specifically that you're not telling us? We need you to be wholly honest."

After a few minutes, Rain gave up, frustrated at the machine, he took his rifle and shot it multiple times until the display flickered and died away. With his saber, he sliced and smashed the rest, hoping that something would happen that would cause the ship to stop, or something. When he was met with utter disappointment, he sighed, and walked toward the elevator door. Before stepping in, though, he took out a few more photon grenades and lobbed them around the bridge. Immediately pressing the button, as the elevator cabin moved downward, a loud shockwave violently shook the ship, telling him that he has had his revenge this time on technology.

"Sir," The kid began. "I have absolutely no [censored] idea how i got here in the first place. Im on a military ship, which contains lots of guns, and lots of trained men... why would I lie?" The kid looked frustrated.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Aug 31, 2011 12:57 pm

"Hm." The man responded to a series of clicks from his comm, flipping it open and a young voice emerging from it. "Sir, there was a small spike in the power readings. We can't get any security footage, but it seems one of the cryo-tubes suddenly turned on for no reason." "Right..." The commander replied, flipping it closed and looking at the kid. "...Alright..." He turned toward the crewman, "Go check on the cargo, make sure nothing is out of place." When the crewman left, the commander turned to address the kid. "At least your story is so far true, but we need to know what you were doing there in the first place..." He turns around and walks into the room, leaving the door open for the kid.

--Piram II, Orbit--

The enemy was determined, this much was true. Marion visibly saw the explosion Rain created in the bridge, just as he reported in. He said he was heading toward the hanger, or to find a lifeboat or escape pod, anything to get out of this metal death trap. The ship's shields were weakening under the barrage, and the Leviathan proved tougher than normal against the large ship, offering a slight glimmer of hope or chance that she can power through this. Such faded, though, when the sensors reported an energy buildup in the ship, pointing towards an ftl drive.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:00 pm

--Aves, Sky's Gate Apartment Complex--

*Ackbar nods, reluctantly returning to a more businesslike attitude.* Ackbar: I'll...I'll have the salvage teams try to recover what camera data they can from the Unbroken's wreckage. I'll also have Addrson send out a team to inspect that crashed object--*He stops.*--wait. That was a ship?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Wed Aug 31, 2011 1:05 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Aves, Sky's Gate Apartment Complex--

*Ackbar is silent for a long time.* Ackbar: I can only hope you're right. (Heavy sigh) What's our next move?

--Unknown World--

Septimus: They were, Admiral, at least according to the records given to us in the Council's archives. The Rachni Wars were long before we joined the Citadel, but perhaps you might remember them...?

"That would have been roughly two thousand years ago correct? I was busy fighting a civil war on Ramius. But i do believe i had a run in with them and from what i can recall it was not pretty."
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:36 pm

--Unknown World--

Septimus: Yes...they say the Rachni slaughtered trillions before the krogans finally pushed them back...

*He glances back to the video feed, watching the former destroyers now playing the part of benefactors.*

Bridge Officer: Sir, with all due respect, you're not really thinking of letting those...things continue to multiply?

Septimus (slowly): Our people never knew the Rachni's rage, Officer. We have no quarrel with them. *The officer begins to object.* Fall back into line, Officer! We will first talk with these...people. Then we will see.

*A voice suddenly manifests across the allied fleet--heard everywhere and by all but originating from seemingly no-where.*

Voice: Then talk. We will listen and answer.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:42 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Unknown World--

Septimus: Yes...they say the Rachni slaughtered trillions before the krogans finally pushed them back...

*He glances back to the video feed, watching the former destroyers now playing the part of benefactors.*

Bridge Officer: Sir, with all due respect, you're not really thinking of letting those...things continue to multiply?

Septimus (slowly): Our people never knew the Rachni's rage, Officer. We have no quarrel with them. *The officer begins to object.* Fall back into line, Officer! We will first talk with these...people. Then we will see.

*A voice suddenly manifests across the allied fleet--heard everywhere and by all but originating from seemingly no-where.*

Voice: Then talk. We will listen and answer.

"Ah yes the Rachni queens speak with a type of telepathy. Salutations and thank you for your aid. I am Admiral Tom Roach"
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:02 am

"Hm." The man responded to a series of clicks from his comm, flipping it open and a young voice emerging from it. "Sir, there was a small spike in the power readings. We can't get any security footage, but it seems one of the cryo-tubes suddenly turned on for no reason." "Right..." The commander replied, flipping it closed and looking at the kid. "...Alright..." He turned toward the crewman, "Go check on the cargo, make sure nothing is out of place." When the crewman left, the commander turned to address the kid. "At least your story is so far true, but we need to know what you were doing there in the first place..." He turns around and walks into the room, leaving the door open for the kid.

--Piram II, Orbit--

The enemy was determined, this much was true. Marion visibly saw the explosion Rain created in the bridge, just as he reported in. He said he was heading toward the hanger, or to find a lifeboat or escape pod, anything to get out of this metal death trap. The ship's shields were weakening under the barrage, and the Leviathan proved tougher than normal against the large ship, offering a slight glimmer of hope or chance that she can power through this. Such faded, though, when the sensors reported an energy buildup in the ship, pointing towards an ftl drive.

*the kid would walk in and sit down at a table in the room and just look around, not saying a word. He would notice his reflection in the table shaking its head at him.*

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Thu Sep 01, 2011 11:25 am

//Coruscant\\

"Well if you hadn't blown it up, there might be some.
Anyways, if we're staying here do either of you have any more underground contacts, preferably
ones we won't kill in the first minute, as you may have guessed, black market
vendors tend not to advertise themselves quite as much as corporate whores do,
let alone put up their stock list?"
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Male Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:42 pm

--In Transit--

The man returned, carrying two cups in his hand. One was coffee, brownish, likely with cream or sugar, the other was simple tea, for the kid. He placed the cup in front of the kid and then sat down, taking a sip every now and then and checking his datapad, reading new, standard, boring reports, as was usually his job these days. Minutes pass and the man says nothing to the kid, either not interested or just waiting on him.

--Aves--

“Well, what else would the ones that killed you would be interested in? In some meteorites that they could find in almost any sector of space? Honestly, admiral, you need to think outside the box.” Shadow replies, turning around and walking towards the door. “And admiral, don’t lose that nestling again…”

--Piram II, Renegade ship--

Rain literally leapt from the cabin as soon as the doors started to open, sprinting down the hallways, entirely ignoring defenses unless they stood in his way. Fortunately, he had some clarity in his senses this time. At least he accomplished something by trashing the ship’s bridge, now all he had to do was get off this ride before it jumps away.

Of course, this was not going to be an easy task. Already he could sense the energies of hundreds of drones, turrets, and a few barriers in his way. This AI was smart, that much was certain. It knew exactly where Rain was headed, but, that didn’t matter, he thought. He’d cut through them all to get out if need be. Four minutes. That’s all the time he had, he believed.

--Coruscant--

“I’m certain I can find some by peering into the minds of others.” Siber announced from his little section of wall. “That is if you can find anyone worth ‘questioning’.” He continued, putting down his commlink after talking with his AI.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:44 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:--In Transit--

The man returned, carrying two cups in his hand. One was coffee, brownish, likely with cream or sugar, the other was simple tea, for the kid. He placed the cup in front of the kid and then sat down, taking a sip every now and then and checking his datapad, reading new, standard, boring reports, as was usually his job these days. Minutes pass and the man says nothing to the kid, either not interested or just waiting on him.

--Aves--

“Well, what else would the ones that killed you would be interested in? In some meteorites that they could find in almost any sector of space? Honestly, admiral, you need to think outside the box.” Shadow replies, turning around and walking towards the door. “And admiral, don’t lose that nestling again…”

--Piram II, Renegade ship--

Rain literally leapt from the cabin as soon as the doors started to open, sprinting down the hallways, entirely ignoring defenses unless they stood in his way. Fortunately, he had some clarity in his senses this time. At least he accomplished something by trashing the ship’s bridge, now all he had to do was get off this ride before it jumps away.

Of course, this was not going to be an easy task. Already he could sense the energies of hundreds of drones, turrets, and a few barriers in his way. This AI was smart, that much was certain. It knew exactly where Rain was headed, but, that didn’t matter, he thought. He’d cut through them all to get out if need be. Four minutes. That’s all the time he had, he believed.

--Coruscant--

“I’m certain I can find some by peering into the minds of others.” Siber announced from his little section of wall. “That is if you can find anyone worth ‘questioning’.” He continued, putting down his commlink after talking with his AI.

The kid took a sip of the tea, but stared at the Commander, still unnerved. "I-- Im sorry if I caused any troubles, sir..." He said shakily. He took another sip.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Sep 01, 2011 1:51 pm

--In transit--

The officer just shrugged. "All you interrupted was a good dream, only to throw this on my lap, which I've been procrastinating on. Besides, getting an hour's sleep on this ship is the norm..." The man says calmly, sarcastic slightly even. "It's no big deal," He said, following up in his attempt to reassure the kid. "So long as you didn't steal anything.Otherwise, Vires save you from the captain's reprisal..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 02, 2011 4:27 am

--Coruscant--

"My friend Ray runs a black market tech shop if he does not have what we are looking for he can point us in the right direction."
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Sep 02, 2011 8:19 am

Quantum Rain wrote:--In transit--

The officer just shrugged. "All you interrupted was a good dream, only to throw this on my lap, which I've been procrastinating on. Besides, getting an hour's sleep on this ship is the norm..." The man says calmly, sarcastic slightly even. "It's no big deal," He said, following up in his attempt to reassure the kid. "So long as you didn't steal anything.Otherwise, Vires save you from the captain's reprisal..."

The young man furrowed his brow. "Vires?..." he said. "Who is Vires? Your deity?" He took another sip of his tea as he pondered the name.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Sep 02, 2011 12:58 pm

--In Transit--
The man looked at the kid, curious, and his eyebrows furrowed in a mild surprise at the boy's ignorance of the modern day vernacular or culture. "Vires is a deity, but, there is no church honoring him anymore these days. He is mentioned in our ancient mythology several times, given the honor of vanquishing the Primitus on the Seven Homeworlds with his army of angels." The man said, remembering his past teachings, and trying to keep it simple at that. "Oddly enough," He continued, taking a sip of his drink and looking at his datapad one more time. "The Primitus mention their slaves as being called 'angels', as far as we can recover from the ancient ruins of their advanced civilization. There was no mention of a Vires at all in their records, however. Nor anything of the sort of this 'god', leaving many to debate his existence." He finished his teaching just in time for the crewman from earlier to knock on the door...

--Piram II, Orbit--

The ship was fast. Very fast. A few more minutes and it would be out of range. Its shields dropped dangerously low, which was surprising to Marion, hardly expecting to even scratch the ship before it annihilated them. "Divert all power to the forward batteries, don't let that ship escape." She commanded coolly, watching as the ship slowly slipped away from view, inch by inch. She couldn't help wondering what it was that was taking Rain so long to get out.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:01 pm

The man looked at the kid, curious, and his eyebrows furrowed in a mild surprise at the boy's ignorance of the modern day vernacular or culture. "Vires is a deity, but, there is no church honoring him anymore these days. He is mentioned in our ancient mythology several times, given the honor of vanquishing the Primitus on the Seven Homeworlds with his army of angels." The man said, remembering his past teachings, and trying to keep it simple at that. "Oddly enough," He continued, taking a sip of his drink and looking at his datapad one more time. "The Primitus mention their slaves as being called 'angels', as far as we can recover from the ancient ruins of their advanced civilization. There was no mention of a Vires at all in their records, however. Nor anything of the sort of this 'god', leaving many to debate his existence." He finished his teaching just in time for the crewman from earlier to knock on the door...

--Piram II, Orbit--

The ship was fast. Very fast. A few more minutes and it would be out of range. Its shields dropped dangerously low, which was surprising to Marion, hardly expecting to even scratch the ship before it annihilated them. "Divert all power to the forward batteries, don't let that ship escape." She commanded coolly, watching as the ship slowly slipped away from view, inch by inch. She couldn't help wondering what it was that was taking Rain so long to get out.

The kid nods, taking the information in. "I see." He said, then taking another sip of his tea. "So, a deity with plenty of power to back him up." He looked off to the side for a moment. He would be looking at his reflection which was snickering a bit, but the commander would only see the kid and a normal reflection. "Strange... i have a feeling a deja vous...."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:25 pm

--In Transit--

"Enter." The commander said, standing up to place his now empty mug into the synthesizer for another fresh cup of the refreshing black liquid. "So?" He asked the crewman, who entered at the commander's invitation. He stood up, looking toward the commander. "Everything is just as we've left it sir." He reported obediently, looking back toward the kid, curious. The commander sighed, and said reluctantly, "That leaves briefing the captain about this..." He looked back at the two, taking out his mug of coffee. "Vires save us..." He muttered again under his breath.

Everything around Rain seemed to blur as he concentrated on his destination. Three minutes, and he was still a distance away from the hanger. This AI certainly didn't make it easy on him, that was for certain, but this was just plain rediculous. "How many drones am I going to have to cut down?! I could have made a Dreadnought out of the scrap piles I've made!" He yelled his annoyance, sprinting tirelessly towards his future survival, slicing through another drone barring his path.

After another minute, he finally reached the door of hope, as far as he was concerned. It was probably locked, so he just took out his grenades again, tossed a couple at the door, and sprinted through the newly made entrance, not stopping for the guarding drones around it. He wasted no time looking at the different array of ships, sprinting towards one and cutting his way into the cockpit. His armor already took the form of an air-tight jumpsuit so that he could breath in space for a short time at least, as he sliced into the controls manually, taking apart the console and turning the ship on via the wires and circuitry alone, still not understanding the ancient language.

This task was time consuming, but worthwhile. A fighter's circuitry was not as complex and complicated to control as a battleship's would be, so he met little resistance as the ship lifted up at his command and lurched forward. He wished he had a joystick or something, as he accidentally crossed the wires and sent the ship in a spiral through the hanger doors. "I'm a soldier, not an electrician dammit!" He yelled out, frustrated as he tried to gain control of the craft again.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:38 pm

"Enter." The commander said, standing up to place his now empty mug into the synthesizer for another fresh cup of the refreshing black liquid. "So?" He asked the crewman, who entered at the commander's invitation. He stood up, looking toward the commander. "Everything is just as we've left it sir." He reported obediently, looking back toward the kid, curious. The commander sighed, and said reluctantly, "That leaves briefing the captain about this..." He looked back at the two, taking out his mug of coffee. "Vires save us..." He muttered again under his breath.

Everything around Rain seemed to blur as he concentrated on his destination. Three minutes, and he was still a distance away from the hanger. This AI certainly didn't make it easy on him, that was for certain, but this was just plain rediculous. "How many drones am I going to have to cut down?! I could have made a Dreadnought out of the scrap piles I've made!" He yelled his annoyance, sprinting tirelessly towards his future survival, slicing through another drone barring his path.

After another minute, he finally reached the door of hope, as far as he was concerned. It was probably locked, so he just took out his grenades again, tossed a couple at the door, and sprinted through the newly made entrance, not stopping for the guarding drones around it. He wasted no time looking at the different array of ships, sprinting towards one and cutting his way into the cockpit. His armor already took the form of an air-tight jumpsuit so that he could breath in space for a short time at least, as he sliced into the controls manually, taking apart the console and turning the ship on via the wires and circuitry alone, still not understanding the ancient language.

This task was time consuming, but worthwhile. A fighter's circuitry was not as complex and complicated to control as a battleship's would be, so he met little resistance as the ship lifted up at his command and lurched forward. He wished he had a joystick or something, as he accidentally crossed the wires and sent the ship in a spiral through the hanger doors. "I'm a soldier, not an electrician dammit!" He yelled out, frustrated as he tried to gain control of the craft again.

Daniel took one last sip of tea and then looked at the commander. "Or, you could save yourselves the trouble and eject me in an escape pod to the nearest planet." The kid was being mostly sarcastic, but he also sounded as if he may be partially serious.

The kid's reflection facepalmed at him. "You really think that'll help?" It scoffed at him.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:51 pm

--Aves, Sky's Gate Apartment Complex--

*Ackbar tries to stop Shadow and ask him more questions, but the mysterious being is already gone. Frustrated, he consults his datapad, which gives him the medical report for his wing. The avians' advanced technology will allow him to heal it far more quickly than normal, but he will still be unable to fly for 3 weeks. With a sigh, he sends out a line to Addrson, who soon answers.*

Addrson: Sir? Is that you?

Ackbar: No, Addrson, it's Drizhang the Fox.

Addrson: Uhh...

Ackbar: Of course it's me. What's the situation? I've been out for almost a day and a half.

Addrson: A lot of avians died out there, Commander. You were lucky to have shut yourself in that bunker--it protected you from the worst of the impact.

Ackbar: Not enough to stop me from being grounded for three weeks. Continue.

Addrson: Three weeks?!--okay, err, all those who were present have been completely accounted for.

Ackbar: And? Well?!

Addrson: Out...out of all the avians present there, sir, only 2,000 survived. Many are wounded. Some may not survive.

*The hawk is dumbstruck.* Ackbar: Addrson, I want you to tell the medical corps to save every avian they can--I don't care what it takes!! I will not knock on yet another 40,000 families' doors!! This war is over! Over!! OVER!! *His voice grows in intensity and pitch until it is almost hysterical.*

Addrson: Uh, sir, you're breaking up. *The signal is clear as crystal. Ackbar screams into the input before Addrson abruptly cuts the line.*

Ackbar: NO MORE AVIANS WILL DIE!!!

*Immediately after the signal cuts, the Commander throws the PDA across the room in a fit of rage and sorrow. He is reduced to tears as it clatters to the ground.*

Ackbar (sobbing): Aves...I'm so...so sorry...so many of our people are gone...

*The hawk's hysterics visibly disturb the guards outside his room.*

Guard 1: What...what's with the Commander?!

Guard 2: Shh. We're on duty.

--Aves, Wilderness, not far from site of ambush--

*Wraith trudges through a forest, clad in camouflage gear and hoisting a pack on her shoulders. Her long hair is tightly done up under a green cap, and a pistol rides in a holster on her hip. However, her dappled green coat's right shoulder is stained with blood and the arm below it hangs limply. The Hiigaran's good arm holds up a small device to her lips, and she speaks quietly into it.*

Wraith: Situation log 08-931. I've crashed on the one inhabited planet in this star system. The dominant indigenous life-forms appear to have taken interest in my ship, but it was to their undoing--many of their craft were destroyed when my pursuer descended on the site. After clearing the skies of the natives, the thing nearly killed me and then stole the vital data from my ship's wreckage. I managed to make a copy just before making my escape, however, and have a beacon here that will call in help if necessary. Right now I have to move to high enough ground to set it up...I would have destroyed my ship to protect its secrets, but the crash crippled its self-destruct mechanism and I had no explosives on hand. What the natives will do with my ship is beyond me, but I have to get off this planet before they realize I'm here. I will continue heading to higher ground.

*She clicks the device off, pockets it, and begins climbing as the terrain slopes steeply upward into a mountain.*

*Meanwhile, at the impact site, tethers are attached to the now-cooled wreckage and the remaining airships work in concert to bring it back to a place where it can be more thoroughly examined.*

--Unknown World--

*The voice is not pleased with Roach.* Voice: As your people would say, Admiral Roach, "you are welcome"--but we did not do it for you. We remember you--you silenced many of our singers and even one of our mothers long before.

Septimus: Whoa, can we take this down a notch, please? Speaking in person would be nice--all this mind-talk gives me a headache.

Voice: Sung here or there, it makes no difference to us--but we comply. *The voice's presence dissolves, but not before leaving a mental "imprint" on Septimus's mind of where to go.*

Septimus: Get a shuttle prepped in the hangar--I'm going planetside. Please me join me, Admiral. *He cuts the line between the two flagships.* Bridge Officer, the ship is yours. Don't do anything stupid.

Bridge Officer: ...yes, sir.

*Septimus quits the bridge and heads down to the hangar, where a UT-47 Kodiak drop shuttle has been prepared to take him to the planet's surface. He boards the craft with a small escort of turian soldiers, after which it lifts off, flies out of the dreadnought, and begins the descent into the planet's fiery, ash-choked atmosphere.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 02, 2011 1:53 pm

*roach appears below on the planet unarmed near were he sensed the queen was.*

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:01 pm

--Unknown World--

*The rachni are startled by his sudden appearance and snarl angrily--a sound similar to a chainsaw. The massive queen calms her children, but regards the Admiral with a faintly-disguised coldness. At length, Septimus's shuttle bursts through an ash cloud and lands at the meeting area. The queen is accompanied by less than a dozen of her cohorts and another, larger insectoid, almost as large as her.*

*As the shuttle lands, the queen raises her tentacles and waves them together in the air, projecting a dome-like biotic field over the area that filters the volcanic air, allowing the turians to breath it. As the Hierarchy delegation leaves the shuttle in environmental suits, the queen gestures to them and speaks with her mouthparts for the first time, in a hauntingly echoed metallic voice.*

Queen (Basic): You need not those steel parasites on your faces--remove them. We prefer to talk with one who dons not a skin of metal between his song and ours.

*Septimus looks to one of his soldiers, who nods. The turian General removes his helmet, revealing his battle-scarred face, and lets it fall to the ground.*

Septimus: I'm sorry. I'm not familiar with your people's manners.

Queen: You never knew our song--nor our war.

Septimus: No, never. *Awkward silence.* If I may, allow me to...introduce myself. I am General Septimus of the Turian Hierarchy. *He steps forward with his hand extended.* And you are...?

Queen: We are Rachni. We are everything of our people--their song, their life, their silence. But a label presents itself. You may call us Tiamat. Our brother is Marduk.

*Septimus glances at the other large Rachni, which keeps its gaze fixed steadily on him.* Septimus: It's...good to meet you. *After a moment, the queen steps forward and takes his still-extended hand in her prehensile secondary limb. The exchange lasts only a second.*

Septimus: So...your people helped us?

Tiamat: Yes. We lent you our aid, destroyed the demons of steel in the sky above, stopped the steel leviathan from crashing into the sea of fire-death, and rescued your people from within its belly.

Septimus: Why, if I may? I heard Rachni were nothing but savages.

*The Rachni's anger flares, and Marduk takes a menacing step towards Septimus. Tiamat blocks him before further trouble can ensue.*

Tiamat: We do not love the song of war. It leads only to silence. We desire peace, and if lending your people our aid was to grant us peace, we would gladly do so again.

Septimus: Then why did your...songs turn to war before?

*At this, Tiamat's emotions become a roiling sea of anger and sorrow.* Tiamat: Something...a tone from space undermined our own. It was dark and monstrous, and soured our people's notes until we sung only of war. You know the rest of this song--it pains me to sing it.

Septimus: You're saying that something or someone urged your people to war?

Tiamat: Yes. And now we desire peace. Peace for now, until we find the ones who corrupted our songs before. Then will we sing again of war.

Septimus: But how did you come to be here? I assume this isn't your race's homeworld.

Tiamat: No, this is not The Singing Planet...no, The Singing Planet is gone forever, forever silenced. We are all that's left of the Great Singers.

Septimus: I...I see. *He is silent for a long time.*

Tiamat: Well? What sing you now? Peace or war?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:05 pm

"I shall sing of peace when last we faced one another you killed twelve thousand of my men and i was the only survivor its not a experience i wish to repeat."

Roach said a look of pain on his face as he though back.*
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:29 pm

*Septimus continues to be silent, and then once again holds out his hand.* Septimus: My people have no quarrel with you. We shall have peace.

*Tiamat gives the Rachni equivalent of a slight smile.* Tiamat: Thank you, Septimus-General.

*The tension in the air diffuses somewhat, though the Rachni still eye Roach with some suspicion. In the far distances looms the massive Rachni Hive, a giant living city that now covers the entire volcanic mountain range and is beginning to extend its domain further across the hellish landscape. An enormous spire extends from the Hive's mass, pointing straight up into the sky.*

*Septimus gives a sigh of relief.* Septimus: Ordinarily, I wouldn't have the authority to broker such a peace, your...Majesty, but I'm certain that High Primarch Vakarian will see reason. *He gestures to the Hive.* How did you get set up here?

Tiamat: A thousand years ago, during the invasion of The Singing Planet, I was sung into an egg and placed onto a living pod of my people with Marduk and several warriors and soldiers. The pod took it song to space before the last Hive was overrun and my people forever silenced. For eons it explored the stars until it found a new world for us, and we brought our song here. Marduk and I sung an egg that became the Hive.

Septimus: You've done pretty well in the time you've had. *He points to the great spire.* Is that the--

*Suddenly, something explodes not far above the Hive--a giant fireball seemingly in the middle of the sky. The fireball bifurcates around the Hive, held at bay by a faint glimmering golden curtain of energy. Tiamat staggers, and the Rachni collectively screech with a sound like metal being torn.*

Septimus: What the-- *He is cut off as, seconds later, another explosion erupts on the field, then another and another. The sheer force rocks the ground, causing them all to stumble. Septimus whips out his communicator.*

Septimus to the fleet. What the [censored] is going on up there?!

*The reply is not from the bridge officer, but a gunnery crewman.* Crewman: Officer Galerion has gone mad, General!! He ordered everyone off the ship and now he's firing at the planet!!

*Septimus disconnects and then tries to call the ship itself. There is no reply.* Septimus: [censored]!!

*More explosions pound the barrier, which appears to be getting weaker under the pounding. Tiamat has dug herself into the ground and is concentrating with all her might to reinforce it. The spire begins moving, rotating at a slight angle to face the source of the attacks.*

*After frantically looking around, Septimus then calls the entire fleet.* Septimus: All ships, Officer Galerion has gone rogue! I order you to destroy my ship as soon as possible!!

*Before the turians or the Free Peoples can do anything, however, a massive energy beam blasts out of the peak of the spire and surges up into the sky. A few seconds later, a fireball becomes visible high above, growing larger and larger until it reaches its zenith and then begins to fade. The explosions cease.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 02, 2011 3:33 pm

"Why cant any thing ever be simple?" roach says with a groan.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 40 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15 ... 27 ... 40  Next