Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Three

+6
Wynn
Django
Mr Countryside
darthme
Jediluigi
Sir Noret
10 posters

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next

Go down

Chapter Three - Page 3 Empty Chapter Three

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:58 am

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter three, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!

~Jediluigi

--Yaga Minor--

“Unfortunately, they did not have one.” He stated, looking over the janitor’s shoulder to confirm his directions mentally. Now there was just the matter of blending in without magic…

--Unknown World--

Leon walked up cautiously toward the creature, pistol ready in his free hand as he kept himself aware of his surroundings. So it takes a shot to the head to kill them. He thought, as he used the opportunity provided by the creature to learn how to combat his potential enemy.

--Gothis Orbit--

The Hive Ship activates its telekinetic powers once more, managing to deflect the torpedoes utilizing similar abilities to the Rachni. The Collective fleet presses on still, taking light losses via the Thanix cannons by comparison to the Turians.

--Gothis Land--

Despite the Collective Troops hunkering in and luring the enemy to them, several were still dieing, while some managed to put up a fight.

--Charad--

The pilot looked at the kiwi incredulously, as if annoyed. She hands the drawing to the kiwi, as if emphasizing it.

--Konnsallann Station--

Cross was annoyed, at first, to the interruption, but then intrigued by the report she overheard. She remained silent, however, waiting to see if anyone would even remember her presence and what they would say in explanation.

--Bladnir--

(On hold until JL either gets Victoria II or managed to talk to me on Skype to discuss where to go from here.)
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter Three - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter Three

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:49 pm

--Examera--

Light hums at Rebekka's response. "I cannot tell you everything. As much as I cannot interfere beyond what you see now. However, I can show you your foe, and show you what happened here. Allow me to show you what history is to teach you." He says as the asteroid field shifts about erratically, crashing into eachother. The nebulas swirl into a central location, and a light shines from seemingly nowhere, glowing brighter until a star forms. In time, they would find themselves on a large plain of a terrestrial world.

In the distance was a city on fire, and above them hovered several massive warships, beyond that of even their own dreadnoughts. An army approached from over the hill, a massive droid-like army led by large armored, humanoidal figures, approaching the city. The machines bristled with weaponry and their shields reflected the sunlight. However, that was the least of the most intimidating enemies, as larger, spider-like walkers emerged, and the most massive one towered above comprehension, bombarding the cityscape with massive bursts of anti-matter.

"This is a long-ago battlefield, a war raged between humans and their eventual slavers." Light narrated to the party. "This is what you will face. Worse, even, as these slavers have adapted." Light began walking with the advancing army, headed for the city. "A merciless foe capable of anything, their technology has spawned ruins and relics about the galaxy. You may do wise to seek these out to better understand your foe."

--Dominance--

Raiden examines the planet's specifics and thinks for a moment to himself. "Yes, that will do nicely. I would suggest an underground complex, however, so we may use the desert dunes as a cover. However, the details can be worked out later." He said, an explosion rocking the ship. "Sir!" An officer exclaimed to the admiral. "We have intruders in deck seven." "So we do. Send response teams in and activate the local defenses." The admiral replies. "Well, with that in mind, we both know what to do now I suspect? Now if you'll excuse me, I have some rebels to deal with."

--Palaven--

General Cross shakes his head. "I believe I have accomplished what is necessary. However, if I may ask, perhaps you could invite ambassador Fields along with you? He was tasked with learning about the various races and factions, this would be a perfect chance for him, and perhaps you could use his skills as well?"

--Charad--

Raven stands up and stretches, yawning. The mech remains active, however, but doesn't move. She tilts her head at the avian, curious as to what she's thinking at the moment.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:14 pm

--Indomitable--

*A tremor shakes the room on Coronati's end.* Coronati: So do I, but Admiral, one more thing. I'm thinking it would be better if we used Hibernia's moon, Andraste, as the base's location. *His expression grows rather sheepish.* My apologies. I just feel the moon would be an easier place to hide the base.

--Palaven--

Fedorian: Yes, of course. Why didn't I think of that? And Chellick too. Alright, Generals, you may go.

Resvirix: Primarch, sir. *He salutes and then signs off. After Cross has done the same, Fedorian calls both Chellick and Fields up to his quarters and explains the situation. Chellick, cynical as ever, remains skeptical.*

Chellick: I'm not sure Ackbar wants to discuss the Primitus threat, sir.

Fedorian: He'd better not. What do you think, Ambassador Fields?

--Charad--

Fallah: I have to get her to Aves, somehow. *After dithering for a few moments, she suddenly lights on an idea.* You stay here for now. I'll be back as soon as I can.

*With that, the kiwi hurries out of the room. An hour later, she returns again, opens the door to the main hangar, and calls up to Raven.* Will you and your mech follow me, please?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Tue Oct 16, 2012 2:37 pm

Unknown date, past? Examera system, Beta Galaxy

Rebekka didn't reply at first. She simply watched the battle unfold. She saw the terrible might of the enemy, the thunder of the guns pounding the air like drums, as the droid army marched to burn the city. She could see the humans fighting valiantly but hopelessly as the war raged, dying by the dozens, if not hundreds...

She answered Licht finally, after the enemy had reached the city walls. "...And where would we find these relics, Licht?"

(When you pop on again Rain we'll talk)
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Male Number of posts : 137
Registration date : 2011-06-19

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:29 pm

--Examera System, Unknwon city--

As they would walk through the smoldering ruins of the metropolis, watching as droids gun down their foes and armored commandos dragged newly-claimed slaves from their homes, Light did seem to visibly dim from the gruesome scenery. "Their empire would stretch across most of the known galaxy, with rare exception. I will guide you to a select few, the rest are up to you from there however." As a building collapses under its own weight, it could be seen that there were still several people inside, crushed underneath the ruins, or jumped out just in time for another disastrous fate to claim them.

"I have come to save your kind and many others the fate of this world. I know the tasks may seem impossible, the foe, unrelenting, and the crises surmounting... but there are other forces at work, that are with you still." A child hides in an alleyway as they pass by, trying to avoid being seen by the lethal machines and their cruel masters. Next to the child lay a fallen soldier, long dead, but still serving his duty. Light stopped and looked inside the alley. A girl, a small girl, no older than eight years old, watching her home being decimated before her eyes. "Like her, you and the rest that have come with you have a destiny to uphold. I can show you the first steps, but in the end, the decisions are yours to make. I cannot always be there for you. I also would not fault you for disbelieving me. Many would not choose to believe this tale. I trust you understand?" He asks, holding his arm out to guide them into the alleyway. "But more lives count on you than you can imagine."

--Dominance--

"As I said, we shall discuss the details later with the Primarch. Good luck and Vires' glory, Admiral. Raiden out." He said, cutting the transmission.

--Palaven--

"I couldn't tell you without being able to read his emotions in person, I'm afraid. However, if he has learned of the inevitable war, I would imagine it could go one way or the other." The ambassador replied intuitively, if not cautiously.

--Charad--

Raven looked curiously, if not inquisitively at the kiwi. She didn't seem to understand why they were to change locations again, and so soon.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Tue Oct 16, 2012 3:56 pm

Unknown City, Examera system, Beta Galaxy, Ancient Times

Rebekka walked forward, not taking Licht's arm. "If the journey ahead is rough, then we must walk on our own power..." She says to him as she makes her way forward. The merchant followed Licht, a bit more cautious than his companion. "What do you mean, like her?" Rebekka asks, kneeling down next to the poor girl and the deceased soldier. She leaned over, giving him a quick check, as if hoping the poor man might be alive. But he wasn't, as she already knew, resting his head back down.

She picks up his helmet, a sleek and sophisticated thing, the design with the 'T' visor design that reminds her of Mandalorian design. She gives it a moments thought before turning to the girl, reaching out a hand. "Can she see us...?"
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:11 pm

--Examera System--

The girl moved back, wimpering almost, staring straight at Rebekka and her outstretched hand. "She can see you." Light replied. "And in time, you will meet her again, I am certain." Light walked toward Rebekka. "However, the final question remains. One which I require an answer to. Will you fight alongside her when the time comes? Or will you attempt to surmount this war alone and unprepared? That is a question I need answered from all of you present." Light says, turning back to the others that were brought along with them.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Tue Oct 16, 2012 4:55 pm

Unknown City, Examera system, Beta Galaxy, Ancient Times

Rebekka remained silent, hand outstretched. She only moved an inch closer, placing her hand in the girls, and giving her a small squeeze. "Fürchte dich nicht etwas ein, ich werde dich rächen, und Ihre Familie. Der Kaiser Wille geschehe." She tells the poor girl, before standing up, looking to the fallen soldier then Licht. "In their memory, and in the name of the Empire, His Will be done, I will avenge them." With that, she places the fallen mans helmet under her arm, securing it. "With my last breath, Emperor..."

The Merchant, who has been quiet up until now, nods to the Lieutenant, waiting. "All or nothing, Licht. In His Name, we will stand with them. For the fallen." He stands at attention, waiting...

Rebekka looks to the helmet again, staring into the visor as if for an answer. After another moments hesitation, she places it upon her head, the suit hissing as the two joined and linked together. "In the dark of the night, in the shadow of Death, I look to the beacon, the light of the Emperor, and I do swear, my Liege, to serve. With my life, I will bring down thy enemy, and bring peace, or may I join the fallen if that is thy will. Für den Kaiser, ich diene."
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Oct 16, 2012 5:35 pm

--Examera System--

Light smiles and nods. "To live or die a heroe's death." He says, as the scenery fades. "I will show you the first steps to take. From there, you must decide." He says, as the group is transported back to the ship they came to Aves on. Upon inquiring the crew men, they would find that they were here to apparently attend the conference, and their ships have been treated like the rest of the ambassadorial ones. To the other crew members, Rebekka and her group have been on the bridge for the entirety that they were supposedly 'gone.' As well, the datapad she carried was massively updated.

On its map were unmarked mysterious worlds, and coordinates to specific locations on each world. As well, the capitols and major worlds of the known galaxy were also highlighted and shown brightly. To further this, borders and location names were also supplied for specific areas of space. Their people would now have a basic understanding of the galaxy they would now inhabit.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:28 am

~Fey~

A broadcast is sent out.
"All squadrons, return to your respective bays!"

The SRI admirals request permission to come aboard the IS ships to discuss the situation.

~Alba~

Caina's request is granted.

~Aves~

The ship Stenn, a diplomatic cruiser, shows up at Aves.
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Male Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Wed Oct 17, 2012 8:44 am

Planetary Orbit, Planet B22 "Aves" Orbit, System Beta 02, Beta Galactic Outer Rim:

Rebekka sighed, examining the little datapad through the view of the helmet. This mission had taken a strange turn indeed... Thumm approached her from behind, lightly tapping her shoulder, and she looked back at him. "Yes, Trader?" She asked, a hint of amusement in her voice.

Albert did not return the sentiment. "We aren't in front the Xenos, Reb-Lieutenant Jaquet. I do have a name, if you remember..." He replied, removing his helmet. "So... Think anyone will believe us?" He asked, his tone low so that the bridge crew wouldn't hear. Rebekka shook her head, frowning. "Not a chance in Hell. But don't have much of choice, do we? We have to ensure we get involved..." She replies, quietly.

Thumm almost grabs her by the arm-his fear for his life keeping him from doing so-before he walks with her off the bridge to the crew bunks. When they were out of earshot, he finally spoke. "What you're suggesting could be considered treason, you know... You and I both know as soon as they find out about this mess they'll enact Operation Schiess and be gone before anyone notices."

Rebekka kept pace with the man, examining him. "Then, simply, we don't inform them right away. We get them invested, Trader. The coming war won't scare them off, to them, it's just a new market..." The Trader examined her, wondering who she really was behind the facade of that uniform..."Dangerous work ahead of us, then?" She nodded. "The pebbles have been cast, it's too late to stop the avalanche now. Are you with me?"

The man laughed, despite himself. "To Hell and back, Lieutenant. Hopefully."

With that, Lieutenant and acting Ambassador Rebekka Jaquet ordered the descent to Aves City...
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:37 pm

--Palaven--

Fedorian: There's only one real way to find out. Pack your things.

*A day later, the Primarch and his entourage leave Palaven aboard a consular fleet.*

--Charad--

Fallah: I'll explain on the way. Please, just follow me. *She scurries toward a ship waiting at the hangar's other end, which looks more than big enough to accommodate Raven's mech.*

--Aves--

*The last diplomats arrive soon after the Stenn, and all the representatives are given a day to rest and recuperate from their long journeys. Then, the delegates are taken to a conference room in one of Aves City's many skyscrapers and the summit begins. Besides the diplomats from the wider galaxy, those in attendance include Morru'Qu'aan Tokhta the Just of the Morrigi Confederation, High Queen Tiamat I the Reborn of the Rachni Hive, Primarch Talos Fedorian of the Turian Hierarchy, Sajuuk-Khar Karan S'jet of the Hiigaran Daiamid, and Ambassador Kharsa Dors'Athen of the Batarian Syndicracy. The tension is palpable as Ackbar flies to the center of the room to speak. The avian has donned his elegantly decorated mantle and impressive array of medals, and his feathers are preened to immaculate order.*

Ackbar: I have to play this very carefully. One wrong word, one slip of phrase, and this will fall apart completely. No room for mistakes. *He takes a deep breath and begins.* Peoples from across the galaxy, I welcome you to my people's homeworld of Aves and thank you for coming so far to attend this summit. No doubt you're wondering why I asked you to make such a journey.

Fedorian: Yes, why did you ask me to leave my people in a time of civil war? That is what I would like to know.

Ackbar: Rest assured, my friends, my reasons are good. We once thought most of the northern galaxy to be uninhabited, or at best, populated by ghosts and spirits. But in recent times, that belief has shown to be untrue.

*The batarian lets out an amused rumble.* Kharsa: What, no stories of monsters from the stars this time, bird?

*The Admiral ignores him.* Ackbar: The North is teeming with powers whose strength is far greater than any one of our nations. And now the greedy ones among them seek to conquer and rule over us. You have seen the reports: War is all but declared, and though I have no doubt that each and every one of our peoples would fight to the end to keep our precious freedom, we would fight alone and eventually we would fall. No matter how great you believe your country to be or how highly you think of its military prowess, no one of us can overcome ever the weakest of the northern factions.

*This remark generates several leery expressions from the delegates, especially Kharsa.* Kharsa: Humans are humans, no matter what fancy technology you put on them. They are no more adept at war than are any of us here. What makes these any different?

*Fedorian interjects.* Fedorian: No, what he says is true. As we speak, my people are fighting a civil war against a rebellion openly backed by one of these northern factions, the Astrum Collective. While they haven't stopped us completely, their damned assistance has considerably slowed our efforts to bring the rebels to heel. Even with the Imperial Sovereignty's help, this war has gone on far longer than it should.

*The batarian blinks his four eyes.* Kharsa: Someone who can give the turians any kind of pause is no joke.

*Meanwhile, a general lull in the conversation has settled. If any of the other delegates wish to say something, now is the time.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Oct 17, 2012 5:57 pm

--Charad--

The mech roared almost in protest as it powered up more fully in compliance. Though still largely damaged, it was intimidating all the same to see such a golem move still. The large mech walked calmly at first, and then began to hover to its destination. Glowing ever so slightly still due to its automatic repair systems, it almost looked somewhat majestic, were it not for the massive gashes and dents all around its body.

--Aves City, Interior--

Ambassador Fields remains silent and calm, as is usual of him. He looks only at whom is speaking and his mind is constantly processing the emotions displayed by each of them. In his mind, he was thinking of his report to the Primarch when the meeting would reach a recess.

Visible only to Ackbar, however, Shadow appeared and stood beside the Avian leader, saying nothing, but demonstrating, at the very least, that he's not alone. He crossed his arms, delegating to watch the conference.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Wed Oct 17, 2012 6:01 pm

Roach rises to his feet dressed in his white high admiral's uniform adorned with metals and campaign ribbons to the point that it was a miracle the fabric could hold the weight of the adornments.

Roach: My old eyes see much and lurking in the shadows to the north there are many threats. I have long perceived a growing danger but knew not from when it came but now, now I see. The true threat to our nations is our division no nation alone or even a few united can stem the tide of what comes from the north only a unified south can stand against it. So delegates think carefully on your decisions for a wrong vote could propel us all into darkness.

Roach sits back down his expression unchanged he sits and quietly observes.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Fri Oct 19, 2012 8:44 am

Aves City Conference, Planet B22 "Aves" Orbit, System Beta 02, Beta Galactic Outer Rim:

After everyone else has spoken, the 'Ambassador' stood from her seat, the strange suit encasing it hissing and emitting steam as she changed positions, the creature gesturing with it's arm as it moved. Anyone watching may or may not notice that the helmet did not quite match the suit the Ambassador wore...

"Fellow delegates... If this information that the Avians have gathered... Is correct, then what choice do we have? But a question, Fore Admiral... Talk of Unity is good, but do you have a true plan of action...?" The monotone voice spoke from within the suit, translated roughly into the Common Language the local species spoke. The Ambassador waited for the response...
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Fri Oct 19, 2012 11:52 am

~Aves City~

Dargesend Uli Kvernsson stands up, too. "How can we expect to fight there northern factions when the factions bordering my own nation have attacked us? The SRI is in no position to fight two full-on wars! Can we, or any other of the nations at this meeting expect some sort of assistance for their own problems? We cannot have a strong alliance if only a few of us are strong."
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Fri Oct 19, 2012 2:43 pm

--Aves--

*Roach's assertions confuse some of the delegates and amuse others.* Tokhta: The Narrigi has not yet put forth a proposal for us to vote on, dosh'linq.

Kharsa: Yes, human, I would have felt much more inspired had you saved that little speech until after the Admiral had given us something to consider.

*Other rise, emboldened, after the Gal'Gai and the Anjian.*

Tiamat: What would you have us vote on, Flying-Singer Leader Ackbar?

Fedorian: Words are nothing but wind. Give us some definite details, Ackbar!

Karan: If you'd all shut your smartass mouths, then maybe he'll do just that.

*The arguing continues, until the hawk lets out a screech. Everyone suddenly shuts up.*

Ackbar: ENOUGH! This bickering is a waste of time. Alone, we don't stand a chance against the armies of the North. But if we stand together, they'll think twice before attempting to conquer us. We must form an alliance, a union--an Independent Galactic Powers League to preserve our freedom. I propose we vote on it, here and now.

*Silence. The delegates mull this over.* Kharsa (mutters): At last.

Karan: What sort of coalition would this be, Fore Admiral?

Ackbar: A purely military one. *He pointedly looks at Kharsa.* Members would not have to surrender their sovereignty or anything of the sort. We would have to work out the exact details at another time. But now, my friends, I ask that vote you seem so eager to give. All in favor of drafting a charter for the Independent Galactic Powers League?

*After a long moment, Tiamat nods.* Tiamat: We will support such a Song.

Fedorian: So shall I.

Karan: And I will, too.

--Charad--

*The absurd sight of a mech lumbering after the little kiwi draws stares, but the construct, its pilot, and their guide are put aboard the ship in good time and it lifts off from the base, heading towards the planet's orbital perimeter.*

Fallah: I told the base commander I didn't have the proper facilities to study you here and that he needed to transfer us to Aves so I could do "more comprehensive research". Frankly, I'm not sure why I'm doing this, but you're not much use to anyone just sitting in a hangar.

*A few minutes later, the ship shudders as it blasts into FTL.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Oct 19, 2012 4:05 pm

Roach: I sometimes let my foresight let me get ahead of myself. However I will sign such an agreement a unified galaxy is in the interest of all of our national security. Kharsa i know the batarians are not the most well renowned for intellect but my pointy ears should have been enough to give away that I am no human.

Roach's delegation erupts in laughter, roach's tone was clearly joking on his last statment making a rebuttal to Kharsas own joke.

Last edited by Roach on Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:06 am; edited 2 times in total
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Sat Oct 20, 2012 7:14 am

Uli remains standing, although with less attitude in his voice. "Please, do not call me a human. I am not one. Some might think of the Gal'Gai as little more than glorified humans but at least then they separate the two. I didn't say we wouldn't support this Galactic Union, but would like to hear the terms before I vote."

darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:19 am

--Anima Prime--

Regnum had torn through what little resistance the demons offered and had reached the Spire. Already, two of the team members were cutting an entranceway for the two assassins.

Lae raised an eyebrow in surprise at the appearance of the man who just froze and broke his assailants. He saw the mans face when he stepped a bit closer and recognized him.

"Wait," Lae said. "You were following me this whole time, and you didn't help until they hit you?" He glared at the man who had obviously been watching the whole time.

"No, you misunderstand," Azrael said. "I merely followed in your tracks discreetly to see how you would handle yourself... and frankly?" Azrael shook his head. "You have a long way to go before you can call yourself 'assassin material.'"

Lae gritted his teeth, but held his tounge. Azrael walked past him and began walking toward the other side of the wide trench. "Let's go," Azrael said. "Our carpet is being laid out for us." He climbed up the side of the trench and began running at the tower. Lae stood there a moment just staring in Azrael's direction.

"Jackass..." Lae muttered.
A moment later, Azrael's voice called back from much closer than Lae thought he was, "I heard that."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Sat Oct 20, 2012 8:57 am

Aves City Conference, Planet B22 "Aves" Orbit, System Beta 02, Beta Galactic Outer Rim:

The Ambassador nodded, a puff of steam emitting from it's neck-joint. "Unity, strength in numbers... Good thing, it is. The Anjian Trade Coalition... Votes yes... In One Voice, we stand... Together..." The Ambassador spoke, before it began the task of sitting down, the suit looking a bit cumbersome to commit to such a task.

The Trader spoke, adding in his two cents with the spark of his garbled translator. "A military... Union... Most advised, yes. Stronger than alone, one fighting force, not many..." Several clicking noises followed after that, the Trader speaking to the Ambassador in some nonsensical tongue.
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:41 pm

--Anima Prime--

By the time the two 'assassins' had reached the Spire, Regnum had already broken through the thick, foreign metal plating and made a make-shift doorway for them.

Michael Pike walked up and saluted the two of them briefly, smiling as if in anticipation. "Good luck and save some for us." He said, unusually gleeful given the circumstances.

--Charad--

Raven was sitting patiently, crosslegged in the chamber-like cockpit. Just sitting and waiting for their arrival at wherever the funny-acting bird said they were going.

--Marenta Prime, Outer-Orbit, SRI Space, 3 Hours Prior To Conference--

A large quantum-wake erupted just a distance from the planet, and an unprecedented and massive, and as well formerly cloaked, Imperium fleet emerges, albeit slowly, but still intimidating to anyone present. At the head of the fleet, the first to emerge, is a purely massive Star Dreadnought, at least 30 kilometers long. It alone held the firepower of its escorting fleet combined.

The Admiral stood, watching as the Imperial ships lined up in formation around the massive vessel. Ahead of them lay the enemy defenses and fleets. Just as intel had predicted. With the IS fleet still at the world called Alba, this world should fall easily. "Begin the assault, leave none alive in orbit." The admiral said calmly, emotionless. The armada opened fire, with the dreadnought at the head. No one could have been prepared for when the titanic vessel unleashed its quantum-superlaser.

--Pisces II, Pisces System, Free Worlds Alliance, 10 Hours Prior to Conference--

Thanks to the Imperial Sovereignty's intervention, the system was fortified for the eventual arrival of the Atrum Imperium.

Unfortunately, the planned strategies did not anticipate an enormous armada on the Imperium's part. As the common citizen looked skyward on their formerly peaceful world, all they saw was their imminent demise. As the bombardment began, and the battle over Pisces II turned into nothing short of a slaughter.

The defenses fell in minutes, as the surviving soldiers and refuges reported. The stations were but mere wreckage, plasmatic flames burning wildly on the debris as the armada carved through ruthlessly, ignoring their own losses. The defending fleets stood little chance against numbers that would blot out stars, and as their world succumbed to the assault, only a thousand of the former million survived, military personnel included.

--Imperial Central Command, Caelum Imperii (AKA, Imperial City), During League Conference--

The two High Sovereigns were called in a hurried fashion, the report of war bringing them to the table, while Marion Cross was rushed to her ship to attend as a hologram at the very least. All of the military commanders were present, either in person or via projection.

When High Sovereign Cross appeared finally, being the last one to 'arrive' in a sense, she was subject to a massive galaxy map filled with reports and intel. On it were symbols for the various systems, fleets, defense posts, and outposts.

"So... it has begun then." Marion Cross stated rhetorically and solemnly. "The outer worlds didn't stand a chance." Piped in Nicholas Starlight, Supreme Admiral of the Armada. "Our defenses fell quickly, and we're still counting the casualties. They hit hard and fast, and their numbers are absurd." "The fleets they cast along our border alone number in the tens of millions according to my agents." Director John Irons reported in response to the High Admiral.

"And our fleets cannot compensate for such a massive force, even with our defenses in play. We are going to need more, and we're going to need to stall them somehow." The High Admiral continued. "Otherwise, we are facing extinction." "With the aftermath of the Anima Prime incident, our production levels are down in an effort of restoration." Director Noah Rosalles commented. "Even if we had the time, it would be impossible to produce the kind of numbers we would need to even match even with the Kaelis fleets." Director Arnim Krauss continued for his colleague.

"Then that is where we use subversive, underhanded tactics to our advantage, gentlemen. I have tripled the size of the Special Forces for this exact moment and, working alongside Supreme Commander Kael, I can buy you the time you need and then some, provided I am given the means and right to do so." Serien Novare came in, undaunted by the superior numbers of the enemy and the damage already caused.

Kael glanced over at the Elite Commander of the Special Forces, and shook his head. "As much as it may pain me to admit it, I agree with the commander. If we cannot win through sheer might, we will win through pure attrition." Serien looked over at the Supreme Commander and smiled widely, as if pleased to annoy Kael, whom just shook his head and looked away, saying nothing.

"There is another option along with the one given by my esteemed colleagues." Began the Supreme General, Jackson Harpar. "Working alongside Director Lockhart-" He looks at the only female director, whom nods with a pleasant smile. "We have designed a means to transport our armies directly to the surface of other worlds thanks to the Cocoon Project. While limited by range, I am confident that we can utilize this to a distinct advantage." "Indeed," Began Director Irons, nodding in approval. "And my agents can supply just the right targets at just the right time. If we time our assaults with our sabotage missions by the Special Forces, we can potentially weaken the enemy enough for our fleets to eliminate the threat altogether."

"There are two issues remaining to this plan." High Sovereign Sirus Dakari spoke up in a calculative, cold tone, which, brought attention to him. "Firstly, we require the necessary manpower. As much as this plan may work, if we do not have the men necessary to accomplish our goals, we will lose regardless." The others nodded understanding as the High Sovereign paused. "Secondly, there is still the issue of the 'next war.' If we expend ourselves too much, we will surely die regardless. With that said, I would desire that the progress of Project Cocoon be known."

Eri Lockhart nodded understanding again, and then replied. "Project Cocoon goes smoothly, despite the Anima Prime incident. Whomever sent those demons never found, nor even compromised, the defenses of our installations. We will be complete on schedule regardless of the course of this war." She spoke confidently.

"That is good news indeed." Sirus replied, nodding his agreement with the report. "Then gentlemen, ladies, it would appear that we have work to do still." Marik Valar, the third High Sovereign, commented. Marion Cross nodded, "Actually, I have an answer to the need for manpower." She stated, drawing everyone's attention. "We still have friends in the South, and Ambassador Fields has reported that they are currently forming a 'military league' of sorts. We may be able to enlist their aid in this war." "It is possible. However, how can we be sure that the 'leader' of this league will be sympathetic to our cause?"

At that, Marion had to smile. "Because the leader of the league knows what this war truly is."

--Conference Chamber, Aves City--

Alanis Fields nodded to himself, having walked off to the side where he wouldn't be noticed. Though internally conflicted and filled with grief at the news he was just delivered, he knew what this information could mean. As he cut the relayed transmission from High Command, he turned toward the rest of the Conference.

"People of the conference, I apologize for interrupting, however, I have received ill news pertaining to the decision at hand. I have been ordered to relay events that are happening at this very moment." He spoke aloud in a stately manner deserving of an ambassador. He placed a projector on the table in front of the Turian Primarch, Fedorian. On it, a map of the galaxy at large was displayed.

"The Atrum Imperium, one of the northern factions you have spoken of, Avian Ackbar, has launched a full out assault on their neighbors. Currently, the SRI, the Free Worlds Alliance, and my own faction, the Imperial Sovereignty, are under assault. However, agents within the AI, as well as eye-witnesses from the assaults report a massive fleet, numbering in the millions, making its way toward the Neutral Zone. We believe that this armada is headed directly for the Turian Hierarchy and beyond." He paused to survey the reactions of the council present before continuing on.

"We have also received reports of attacks from the Astrum Collective on the Verusian Empire, aided by Imperium Fleets. We believe that they are making a push to reinforce their beleaguered forces and to aid the armada mentioned earlier." The ambassador finished, barely able to even out his tone into something more emotionless and proper. Internally, he was the exact opposite.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sat Oct 20, 2012 3:30 pm

--Aves City--

*Total silence meets Fields's words. Then, Fedorian activates his omni-tool in a frenzy of activity.* Fedorian: Get a message back to Palaven--cease any offensive actions against the rebels and pull back all forces into defensive positions! WE'VE GOT A MASSIVE INVASION INCOMING! Don't ask me how I know, just DO IT!

*The Primarch's frantic commands ignite a firestorm of activity. Everyone begins talking at once, either arguing with each other or yelling at their own ships in orbit. Ackbar screeches again.*

Ackbar: BE QUIET!!! We're out of time. VOTE! No one leaves this chamber until we vote and, if we vote yes, until we have drafted and ratified the charter. The longer you delay, the worse it gets. DECIDE.

*His vehemence shocks some of the delegates into silence, but others narrow their eyes in anger. Kharsa spits out his vote past gritted teeth.*

Kharsa: Yes.

Tokhta: Aa'ni...yes.

Ackbar: And I vote yes as well. *It is obvious that a majority has voted to approve the idea itself. Now they must decide on the charter.* We have little time. *Less than an hour later, the charter is drafted, and the hawk lays it out before the delegates.* This alliance is to be military only, and nothing more! The charter will state that all the member states will help defend each other and support each other in military actions of any nature. Support can be in many forms, but each member must contribute tangible military forces of some type! Otherwise, no surrender of sovereignty is required to join. Are there any objections? Does anyone want to say anything more before we cast our final votes on this draft?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:00 pm

Roach signs the charter. Meanwhile in the federation the fleet musters near the Federation border.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Jediluigi Sat Oct 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Aves City Conference, Planet B22 "Aves", System Beta 02, Beta Galactic Outer Rim:

The Ambassador stood again, taking the floor. "One last... Mention... Our combat forces are.... Not yet sufficient for this... Threat... We will need time... Until then, we can supply weapons... And other goods... Best possible on such.. Short notice.... But we acknowledge this... Is best hope for... Peace..." The Ambassador projected its voice across the conference room, the monotone voice made lively by the distinct clicking and hissing noises the suit seemed to make.
Jediluigi
Jediluigi
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:43 am

~Aves City~

Uli visibly grimaces at the news, but he goes on with the voting.
"I say yes. Under the circumstances I realize that I am in no position to make demands, so instead, I will offer my nation's services in shipbuilding and Electronic warfare. Perhaps we could all share our combat systems?"

After he is done he immediatly seeks out Fields. "What has happened? Is this an update on Fey or a new attack?"

~Marenta Prime, 3 Hours Prior to Conference~

The two Gal'Gai monitoring the incoming space-traffic had almost finished their shift, and were conducting a final sensor sweep when they saw a giant energy reading on the outskirts of the system. It appeared to have been coming from nowhere, as they could not pick up any foreign vessels. "Hvad Lakuninn?" Said Raggi Karlsson, one of the Gal'Gai on shift, but it was already too late.
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 25 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 14 ... 25  Next