Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aruna

2 posters

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Aruna - Page 14 Empty Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The peaceful world of Aruna, a massive grassland world, peaceful, calm, harmonious... Until now. A shadow looms over the White Tower, the shadow of Death. Exitium's forces have already begun appearing here and there, a prelude to the counterattack he will launch against Aeon's transgressions into his territory. Already, outlying villages are overrun, and one of them in particular shall serve as the staging ground for the attack on Aeon's fortress.

"We are in position for the slaughter." A dark elf reported to the demon known as Araman. He waved the elf away, looking down at the city below. Exitium's forces waited for his signal, he knew this, and the unsuspecting townsfolk held no chance against superior numbers and power. Though today seemed to be off... different... or he may have been perceiving the ease of this invasion incorrectly. It doesn't matter, he thought, the fires of war will scar this world regardless. He sent out a fire bomb onto the town below, the signal for the attack to begin. The first wave launched, followed close by the second, and already he could hear the panic ensuing...

The first signs of trouble immediately showed up at the door to the room Wynn rented. People panicking, far off sounds of fiery explosions, and screams of death and the likes... they all turned the morning into a red dawn for the approaching horde of Exitium forces, which already moved to surround the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aruna - Page 14 Empty Re: Aruna

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:30 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Reas didn't attempt to dodge, as if knowing that Wynn would fall. He then looked up at the angels under his command. "Take her and the boy to the cell. Ensure you heal the young girl beforehand, however." He commanded, the angels bowing and following his orders to the letter.

Rain sat there, uselessly, solemnly. He couldn't think clearly, but when he heard a loud thud to the side, he looked to see an angel, tied up, unconscious laying there. He seemed... damaged... bruised. That was odd.

"How is it so odd? Everyone betrays each other, yourself included." The other him taunted, standing over the limp angel. "I wonder if he's one of your victims? He does seem familiar... Hmmm... oh yes, now I remember. He was the young one, perhaps the son of the one you killed? Perhaps?" Rain looked at his own apparition curiously, not understanding what he meant. "You don't remember?" The other asked, walking towards Rain. "You killed them both, after all. Pledging innocence to a crime you clearly committed. How very ignorant of you, when you left the magic user to die, and then killed the older one for 'betraying you.' Ahahahahaha! It was marvelous..." He leaned down, taking the face of Roix. "I do wonder, why did you leave me to die?" It said, mocking him, mimicking Roix's voice.

".. that's not true. I saw him. I saw them both." Rain said to himself "Oh, but that's the thing, you THOUGHT you saw him! Though the real question is... did you?" "You're lying!" "I AM NOT!" the apparition seemed to take offense. "How dare you accuse me of lying! You're the one that stabbed the elder one for 'abandoning you'! You're such an ignorant piece of [censored] that can't get his own self together. No, instead, you need me to do it! Useless bastard..."

It was almost an hour later that Rain saw two more thrown into the same cell. One was awake soon afterwords, a boy. He looked familiar, but Rain couldn't tell. The other was an older girl, and both seemed to have seen battle recently. He stared at them, hiding in a dark corner, but the boy seemed to know that he was there. After looking to see if the young girl was alright, he set himself to stare directly at Rain, equally as quiet.

"Well, that's certainly new, wouldn't you agree? Kids fighting wars..." The apparition taunted him, sitting next to him and staring at the two kids, occasionally glancing over at the angel. "I wonder what's next... giant killer worms, perhaps?" "Shut up." Rain whispered, tired of the apparition's ceaseless conversation. "Shut up? I would if you could THINK FOR YOUR DAMN SELF... piece of [censored], I tell you, that's what you are..."

It would be a while later that the girl would wake up. She got up and sat cross legged away from the cell entrance. The first thing she did was pull her hood up. Other than that, she sat still and silently.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:34 pm

Matt broke his concentration from trying to read the unknown figure's mind, and turned toward Wynn, smiling. "Hey, sleepy-head." He said, as if totally calm about the fact that they're imprisoned. "How are you feeling?" He asked, but more so whispered it than to let anyone overhear them.

"That kid's pretty damn good at mind-reading... of course, not as good as me, but still..." The apparition spoke, raising an eyebrow at the younger kid's attempts. "Of course, how anyone can read your mess of a head is beyond me." Rain didn't seem to hear, as he watched the two kids talk. He couldn't hear past the apparition's voice, but he could read their lips here and there.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:40 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt broke his concentration from trying to read the unknown figure's mind, and turned toward Wynn, smiling. "Hey, sleepy-head." He said, as if totally calm about the fact that they're imprisoned. "How are you feeling?" He asked, but more so whispered it than to let anyone overhear them.

"That kid's pretty damn good at mind-reading... of course, not as good as me, but still..." The apparition spoke, raising an eyebrow at the younger kid's attempts. "Of course, how anyone can read your mess of a head is beyond me." Rain didn't seem to hear, as he watched the two kids talk. He couldn't hear past the apparition's voice, but he could read their lips here and there.

Wynn would not reply, as if angry with Matt. However, if he payed attention she would give a ghost of a thought that gave a simple message: 'we're not alone'. She wasn't being cold, but knew others could hear them and she had no intent on speaking with eavesdroppers around.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:46 pm

Matt nodded his understanding, turning back to staring at the unknown person on the other side. He couldn't seem to make headway into the other's mind, but he didn't seem to be attempting to read Matt's either. It was odd, it was as if there were multiples of the same person sitting in that room.

"See? The kid can't hear our thoughts because we have too many! I was right! See? Totally right!" The apparition gloated in his apparent successful deduction. "... oh what does it matter, you're just going to ignore me like the bastard you are..." He turned to the angel that was waking up. "Oh look, more people to stare at!" The apparition said, and Rain turned to see the white-haired angel sit up, with his hands still tied. "I wonder what kind of person he is..."

Orion sat up, confused. When did he end up here? He couldn't remember anything... he was being chased by dragons at one point, and then he was here. Then he took stock of his surroundings, noting that that mercenary was in the cell next to him, and that, across the room, so were the two kids. Aw crap, really?
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:52 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt nodded his understanding, turning back to staring at the unknown person on the other side. He couldn't seem to make headway into the other's mind, but he didn't seem to be attempting to read Matt's either. It was odd, it was as if there were multiples of the same person sitting in that room.

"See? The kid can't hear our thoughts because we have too many! I was right! See? Totally right!" The apparition gloated in his apparent successful deduction. "... oh what does it matter, you're just going to ignore me like the bastard you are..." He turned to the angel that was waking up. "Oh look, more people to stare at!" The apparition said, and Rain turned to see the white-haired angel sit up, with his hands still tied. "I wonder what kind of person he is..."

Orion sat up, confused. When did he end up here? He couldn't remember anything... he was being chased by dragons at one point, and then he was here. Then he took stock of his surroundings, noting that that mercenary was in the cell next to him, and that, across the room, so were the two kids. Aw crap, really?

After a while, Wynn did start looking up slightly. She didn't look up nearly enough for anyone to get a good look at her face. She did notice Orion sitting in the cell next to theirs. I bet that son of a [censored] had something to do with this... She thought to herself.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 2:58 pm

Orion noted Wynn's occassional glances around the room. Yeah, I bet she's going to kill me if she gets out... Orion thought. Though then he noticed the guards that walked in, carrying trays of food. They were angels. But that didn't make sense. Orion jumped to his feet. "What is this?! What's going on, why am I trapped by my own brethren?!" He yelled out in protest, entirely confused. The angels merely looked at him reproachfully, as if disgusted by Orion's presence. They said nothing, and slid the food underneath the iron barred gates. Orion watched them leave, still completely confused. "..." ... What the hell is going on?!

Matt looked at the tray of food curiously. It was an odd assortment of meat and older vegetables. "... I wonder if they're trying to poison us..." Matt asked quietly to himself, uncertain of whether or not to even trust the food. He didn't seem to take notice of, or care about, Orion's protests.

Rain didn't even approach the tray of food. "Hmm, you think it's poisoned?" The apparition asked, curious. Rain wasn't exactly hungry, but now he was paranoid that the guards were trying to kill them slowly. "Mm, it makes sense, doesn't it?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:02 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion noted Wynn's occassional glances around the room. Yeah, I bet she's going to kill me if she gets out... Orion thought. Though then he noticed the guards that walked in, carrying trays of food. They were angels. But that didn't make sense. Orion jumped to his feet. "What is this?! What's going on, why am I trapped by my own brethren?!" He yelled out in protest, entirely confused. The angels merely looked at him reproachfully, as if disgusted by Orion's presence. They said nothing, and slid the food underneath the iron barred gates. Orion watched them leave, still completely confused. "..." ... What the hell is going on?!

Matt looked at the tray of food curiously. It was an odd assortment of meat and older vegetables. "... I wonder if they're trying to poison us..." Matt asked quietly to himself, uncertain of whether or not to even trust the food. He didn't seem to take notice of, or care about, Orion's protests.

Rain didn't even approach the tray of food. "Hmm, you think it's poisoned?" The apparition asked, curious. Rain wasn't exactly hungry, but now he was paranoid that the guards were trying to kill them slowly. "Mm, it makes sense, doesn't it?"

Unlike the others, Wynn saw the tray and took a piece of meat and actually began eating it. She sat cross-legged facing the gate now, just eating with her bare hands. After a time, she did eat the entire piece of meat. She had reduced it to a few bones. She took one of the smaller bones and began gnawing on the end of it quietly. As she did so, she seemed to be watching the door intently.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:16 pm

--Exitium Camp--

Araman stood up, jumping out of the bed he was laid onto to be healed. "That damn mudblood kid is more trouble than he's worth to harvest." He said, just as Lilith walked in, a calm look showing that at least some things were going to plan. "Your assassin has reported that the kids and the flying one have been incapacitated for the time being." She spoke in an even-tone. "Well, at least SOMETHING is going right for a change!" He yelled out, annoyed. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Prepare the army to attack. I want that tower gone before the girl can escape, which she probably will. The [censored]..." He said in a calmer voice. "Of course." She said, walking back out of the tent without bowing. "She will die... if it's the last thing I do, both of them will die."

--The White Tower--

Jaxe had to wonder how his own student could get caught by a bunch of winged weaklings. He had already cut through three of them when he teleported into the tower, and they still didn't know he was here. "... This is truly pathetic... at least in my verse, they would raise the alarm if I got within three miles of the front gate." He said, slicing down one that appeared around the corner, investigating the cause of the loud thuds against the wall and shushed screams of death. "Now then... where did she go?"

Matt smiled, seeing what Wynn was already up to, but then went to watching the door for her.

"Oh, clever girl. Well, I guess SOMEONE has to be, with you around..." The apparition noted. Rain watched, silent and curious as to how this would turn out.

Orion sat on the mat of a bed, confused, thinking to himself. He was wondering just what he did to call this down onto himself. This doesn't make any sense! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:24 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:--Exitium Camp--

Araman stood up, jumping out of the bed he was laid onto to be healed. "That damn mudblood kid is more trouble than he's worth to harvest." He said, just as Lilith walked in, a calm look showing that at least some things were going to plan. "Your assassin has reported that the kids and the flying one have been incapacitated for the time being." She spoke in an even-tone. "Well, at least SOMETHING is going right for a change!" He yelled out, annoyed. He sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Prepare the army to attack. I want that tower gone before the girl can escape, which she probably will. The [censored]..." He said in a calmer voice. "Of course." She said, walking back out of the tent without bowing. "She will die... if it's the last thing I do, both of them will die."

--The White Tower--

Jaxe had to wonder how his own student could get caught by a bunch of winged weaklings. He had already cut through three of them when he teleported into the tower, and they still didn't know he was here. "... This is truly pathetic... at least in my verse, they would raise the alarm if I got within three miles of the front gate." He said, slicing down one that appeared around the corner, investigating the cause of the loud thuds against the wall and shushed screams of death. "Now then... where did she go?"

Matt smiled, seeing what Wynn was already up to, but then went to watching the door for her.

"Oh, clever girl. Well, I guess SOMEONE has to be, with you around..." The apparition noted. Rain watched, silent and curious as to how this would turn out.

Orion sat on the mat of a bed, confused, thinking to himself. He was wondering just what he did to call this down onto himself. This doesn't make any sense! WHAT THE HELL HAPPENED?!

After a couple of hours, Wynn would pull the bone out of her mouth. It had been worn down to a tapered point. She took one quick look around, then reached through the bars carefully and stuck the end of the bone into the keyhole. She slowly began working with the lock. From time to time, she would stop when she heard the noise of someone possibly coming down the check on them. After a while, it seemed hopeless. What, is it rusted shut? I should've had it by now. She thought to herself. After a short time, they would hear a distinct "click". She held the door shut, a moment then slowly moved it. She would reach down and press the bone into a crack in the ground so it could act as a doorstop. She then picked up a first-sized rock and walked into the hall way. She took a few steps over to another door, Orion's cell. She stood there menacingly for a few moments, then hurled the rock at his head. It was accurate, and came in hard.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:34 pm

Orion caught the rock in his hand. He tried to crush it in his hand, anger rising up in combination with his confusion. The rock refused to be crushed, though, and his hand started to hurt, but that didn't stop him. He threw the rock at the wall, smashing it into pieces then turned to Wynn.

"SO YOU WANT TO KILL ME, HUH?! I'm just the goddamned source of all your [censored] problems!? You [censored] idiotic [censored]!" He kicked the iron bars so hard, the bars dented, and the floor seemed to vibrate. "I [censored] HATE YOU! ALL OF YOU! BECAUSE OF YOU MY LIFE IS NOTHING BUT CONSTANT HELL! BUT NOOOO! WE ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE IT WORSE! [censored] [censored], I hate your damn ignorance, your damn pride! You're so fixated on death like everyone else, you'd kill me for false assumptions! YOU'RE THE PROBLEM! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN THE PROBLEM!" With each sentence, he continually kicks and punches the iron bars, harming his own body in the process. "I HOPE YOU DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH, I HOPE I GET TO SEE YOUR LAST MOMENTS OF AGONIZING PAIN! BECAUSE OF YOU, I'M LOSING EVERYTHING! BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU, I HAVE TO KILL FOR AN ETERNITY!"

"... I've never seen an angel quite that pissed off before." Jaxe commented through the opened door. Through the loud noises, no one would have noticed the bodies of two angelic guards on the floor and the scythe-wielder walking in, despite the bone blocking the door.

Rain noticed, though, and stared at him coldly, as if he were from a nightmare. Matt was surprised to see him there, having been watching what Wynn was doing.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:42 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion caught the rock in his hand. He tried to crush it in his hand, anger rising up in combination with his confusion. The rock refused to be crushed, though, and his hand started to hurt, but that didn't stop him. He threw the rock at the wall, smashing it into pieces then turned to Wynn.

"SO YOU WANT TO KILL ME, HUH?! I'm just the goddamned source of all your [censored] problems!? You [censored] idiotic [censored]!" He kicked the iron bars so hard, the bars dented, and the floor seemed to vibrate. "I [censored] HATE YOU! ALL OF YOU! BECAUSE OF YOU MY LIFE IS NOTHING BUT CONSTANT HELL! BUT NOOOO! WE ALWAYS HAVE TO MAKE IT WORSE! [censored] [censored], I hate your damn ignorance, your damn pride! You're so fixated on death like everyone else, you'd kill me for false assumptions! YOU'RE THE PROBLEM! YOU'VE ALWAYS BEEN THE PROBLEM!" With each sentence, he continually kicks and punches the iron bars, harming his own body in the process. "I HOPE YOU DIE A HORRIBLE DEATH, I HOPE I GET TO SEE YOUR LAST MOMENTS OF AGONIZING PAIN! BECAUSE OF YOU, I'M LOSING EVERYTHING! BECAUSE OF PEOPLE LIKE YOU, I HAVE TO KILL FOR AN ETERNITY!"

"... I've never seen an angel quite that pissed off before." Jaxe commented through the opened door. Through the loud noises, no one would have noticed the bodies of two angelic guards on the floor and the scythe-wielder walking in, despite the bone blocking the door.

Rain noticed, though, and stared at him coldly, as if he were from a nightmare. Matt was surprised to see him there, having been watching what Wynn was doing.

Wynn didn't even flinch at any of his actions. She stood there as motionless as a statue. However, when he stopped shouting, she spoke in a quiet, icy voice, "You wont have to fight much longer..." She took a few steps back into the shadows against the wall and 'bled' into them. Despite the fact she was just standing in front of him a moment ago, she seemed to have vanished. Neither he or Rain could seem to sense her presence either. In a subtle fashion, she sent thoughts toward Matt to let him know where she was, and where she was headed.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 3:49 pm

"[censored] you, [censored]. You're the disillusioned one here." Orion said, kicking the iron door again. He didn't seem to care about what Wynn did, or where she went, as he sat down against the wall, head in his hands.

Jaxe shrugged, turned to see who the hell it was that was staring at him, and was mildly surprised to see Rain. "... oookay then..." He said, turning away from the insane eyes. He walked past Matt, silent. "Wynn, while I do enjoy a good game of 'Executioner,' I'm not here to waste time being frivolous or to entertain pointless grudges." He spoke, his voice showing signs of slight annoyance, yet a calm patience.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:12 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"[censored] you, [censored]. You're the disillusioned one here." Orion said, kicking the iron door again. He didn't seem to care about what Wynn did, or where she went, as he sat down against the wall, head in his hands.

Jaxe shrugged, turned to see who the hell it was that was staring at him, and was mildly surprised to see Rain. "... oookay then..." He said, turning away from the insane eyes. He walked past Matt, silent. "Wynn, while I do enjoy a good game of 'Executioner,' I'm not here to waste time being frivolous or to entertain pointless grudges." He spoke, his voice showing signs of slight annoyance, yet a calm patience.

Wynn was silent for a moment. "He led us into a trap and left us for dead." Wynn said in a low tone. "If we leave him alive, he can stab us in the back again." She did not seem too happy about Jaxe just throwing the idea of killing him out.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:21 pm

"I will deal with that. Now do I have to treat you like a grounded 4 year old, or will you talk to me face to face?" Jaxe stated, stomping the shaft of his scythe on the ground and creating light from it to illuminate the gloomy dungeon.

Matt turned to look at Rain, taking the moment of light to see who the unknown figure was. What he saw nearly gave him a heart attack. Stunned to silence, he couldn't move his eyes away from the rag-tag form that sat in the previously dark corner.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:23 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"I will deal with that. Now do I have to treat you like a grounded 4 year old, or will you talk to me face to face?" Jaxe stated, stomping the shaft of his scythe on the ground and creating light from it to illuminate the gloomy dungeon.

Matt turned to look at Rain, taking the moment of light to see who the unknown figure was. What he saw nearly gave him a heart attack. Stunned to silence, he couldn't move his eyes away from the rag-tag form that sat in the previously dark corner.

As Jaxe created the light, she would come out of the shadows before they were entirely dissolved. "I need to get my gear ba--" She would stop and do a double-take on Rain. She stared at him with a blank face, but despite her reservation, she was shocked. She turned back to Jaxe, still no expression... and now, no words.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:40 pm

Jaxe seemed to ignore that Wynn was stunned, as well as by what, though he knew exactly who was in that first cell. "The room across from here has your varied assortment of weapons and items. I suggest you take your brother and head through the portal at the top of the tower before Exitium destroys it." He advised, turning to Orion.

"Now as for you, my young feathered friend." "Go [censored] yourself you damn reaper incarnation." Orion stated, not looking up at him. "Oh come now, no need to be stubborn... though I don't have the time for this." He turned toward Wynn and Matt, thinking. "Matthias, do you mind if I borrowed you for a moment?"

Matthias didn't turn his eyes away from the form in the corner. He couldn't. His mind couldn't make sense of it, couldn't deal with the fact that the man was alive. "Matthias!" Jaxe almost yelled out, ripping his attention away from Rain. "Answer my question." Matthias seemed confused at first, then recalled what the reaper asked. "... What do you want?" Jaxe motioned for him to come closer then projected several thoughts towards him, outlining his idea.

"... I can't do that!" Matthias protested, but Jaxe shrugged. "If you don't, then I'll have to do it to Wynn. We both know how that would turn out, though, don't we?" He replied, knowing that his point was entirely valid. Matthias shook his head, looking down at the ground. "... Fine." He answered, holding out his arm toward Jaxe.

Jaxe took the arm, and gripped it, a mark being burned into it. When he let go, he grabbed his scythe, and sliced the iron door into pieces. Orion stood up, somewhat surprised, but expectant of death. Instead, Jaxe grabbed his arm and burned the same mark. A chaotic, mystical aura overtook Orion in that moment, who didn't expect the reaper to do what he did. As he went to hit Jaxe for what he did, and to antagonize him to kill him, he found himself unable to when Matt said one word. "Stop."

Orion's arm stopped in midair, as he was left wondering, confused. The mark glowed brightly on both their arms. He looked over at the boy, his resolute eyes staring straight into Orion's rage, and through that, he understood just what happened. "... Dammit..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:47 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Jaxe seemed to ignore that Wynn was stunned, as well as by what, though he knew exactly who was in that first cell. "The room across from here has your varied assortment of weapons and items. I suggest you take your brother and head through the portal at the top of the tower before Exitium destroys it." He advised, turning to Orion.

"Now as for you, my young feathered friend." "Go [censored] yourself you damn reaper incarnation." Orion stated, not looking up at him. "Oh come now, no need to be stubborn... though I don't have the time for this." He turned toward Wynn and Matt, thinking. "Matthias, do you mind if I borrowed you for a moment?"

Matthias didn't turn his eyes away from the form in the corner. He couldn't. His mind couldn't make sense of it, couldn't deal with the fact that the man was alive. "Matthias!" Jaxe almost yelled out, ripping his attention away from Rain. "Answer my question." Matthias seemed confused at first, then recalled what the reaper asked. "... What do you want?" Jaxe motioned for him to come closer then projected several thoughts towards him, outlining his idea.

"... I can't do that!" Matthias protested, but Jaxe shrugged. "If you don't, then I'll have to do it to Wynn. We both know how that would turn out, though, don't we?" He replied, knowing that his point was entirely valid. Matthias shook his head, looking down at the ground. "... Fine." He answered, holding out his arm toward Jaxe.

Jaxe took the arm, and gripped it, a mark being burned into it. When he let go, he grabbed his scythe, and sliced the iron door into pieces. Orion stood up, somewhat surprised, but expectant of death. Instead, Jaxe grabbed his arm and burned the same mark. A chaotic, mystical aura overtook Orion in that moment, who didn't expect the reaper to do what he did. As he went to hit Jaxe for what he did, and to antagonize him to kill him, he found himself unable to when Matt said one word. "Stop."

Orion's arm stopped in midair, as he was left wondering, confused. The mark glowed brightly on both their arms. He looked over at the boy, his resolute eyes staring straight into Orion's rage, and through that, he understood just what happened. "... Dammit..."

Wynn would stand around for a few moments, a bit confused as to what was going on. She took one quick glance at Rain, then ran for the room with all her gear. Inside, she found her gauntlets and put them back on. She searched the room for a while, and eventually recovered her bow, knife, and bladed staff. She equipped herself entirely, then stopped to look around the room for anything she might be able to use. However, she found nothing she deemed useful, then went back out to meet the others.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:52 pm

Matthias was standing in front of Rain's cell door, the man staring back at Matt in return, but saying nothing. Orion was punching the wall in the corner, enraged, cursing and swearing with each strike. "He left, telling me that he would deal with the enemies." Matt said to Wynn upon her return. He seemed confused as to what they should do with Rain, now that he dealt with the fact that he was there.

"Hmm, so, our mortal enemy is allied with them. I don't think we should trust them, do you? No, of course not, why should you...?" The apparition spoke, taking on the form of his fear and doubt rather than rage.

Rain bore at the kid on the other side of the iron bars. He looked familiar, constantly familiar, and now that the apparition was slowly losing strength, the kid also seemed to have a familiar presence about him. "What? You're going to ignore me now?" The apparition asked rhetorically. Rain did just that, however, and stood up, walking over to the iron bars, saying nothing still.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 4:55 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matthias was standing in front of Rain's cell door, the man staring back at Matt in return, but saying nothing. Orion was punching the wall in the corner, enraged, cursing and swearing with each strike. "He left, telling me that he would deal with the enemies." Matt said to Wynn upon her return. He seemed confused as to what they should do with Rain, now that he dealt with the fact that he was there.

"Hmm, so, our mortal enemy is allied with them. I don't think we should trust them, do you? No, of course not, why should you...?" The apparition spoke, taking on the form of his fear and doubt rather than rage.

Rain bore at the kid on the other side of the iron bars. He looked familiar, constantly familiar, and now that the apparition was slowly losing strength, the kid also seemed to have a familiar presence about him. "What? You're going to ignore me now?" The apparition asked rhetorically. Rain did just that, however, and stood up, walking over to the iron bars, saying nothing still.

Wynn stood there, staring at Rain from a distance, still shocked that he was here to. However, she felt like she had seen a ghost. She reached up to pull her hood down, but stopped. What if this is all a trick by him? She thought to herself.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:00 pm

Rain turned to look at Wynn, as if sensing her hesitation. He kicked the iron gate, and it dented, but remained resilient. He said nothing, just glared at her, as if enraged by something, but it wasn't her. "You're wasting your time, you don't deserve freedom." The apparition said to Rain. His anger rose up quicker, but now that he was thinking, he merely replied through his own thoughts. And who are you to tell me what I do or don't deserve? I went through hell once already, I won't let you drag me there again. Now leave!

"Oh-ho, well said... my other self." The apparition replied, hanging on Rain, one arm tossed over his shoulder. "But pain like me doesn't go away so easily... ta-ta, for now." Then, the apparition disappeared, but it left a sour taste in his mouth, and a painful pretense amongst his thoughts.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:21 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Rain turned to look at Wynn, as if sensing her hesitation. He kicked the iron gate, and it dented, but remained resilient. He said nothing, just glared at her, as if enraged by something, but it wasn't her. "You're wasting your time, you don't deserve freedom." The apparition said to Rain. His anger rose up quicker, but now that he was thinking, he merely replied through his own thoughts. And who are you to tell me what I do or don't deserve? I went through hell once already, I won't let you drag me there again. Now leave!

"Oh-ho, well said... my other self." The apparition replied, hanging on Rain, one arm tossed over his shoulder. "But pain like me doesn't go away so easily... ta-ta, for now." Then, the apparition disappeared, but it left a sour taste in his mouth, and a painful pretense amongst his thoughts.

Wynn stood staring back at Rain. She had considered letting him out a moment before, but was afraid she'd be forced to kill him afterwards with how he was glaring at them and kicking the cage.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:28 pm

As silence finally filled his head, and the apparition had left him alone, for now at least, he sighed. He looked back at Matt, then Wynn again. He didn't recognize either, though both surely looked familiar, now that he thought about it. Then there was... what was his name? Orion, in the back of the room. He leaned over to look at what it was that he was doing to cause all of that noise. "..."

Matt finally turned his attention to Wynn, but remained silent. His eyes relayed the desire to set him free, but his overall expression was that of total uncertainty.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:30 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:As silence finally filled his head, and the apparition had left him alone, for now at least, he sighed. He looked back at Matt, then Wynn again. He didn't recognize either, though both surely looked familiar, now that he thought about it. Then there was... what was his name? Orion, in the back of the room. He leaned over to look at what it was that he was doing to cause all of that noise. "..."

Matt finally turned his attention to Wynn, but remained silent. His eyes relayed the desire to set him free, but his overall expression was that of total uncertainty.

Wynn looked at Matt, then turned to Rain and moved close to the cage and stood there close enough for him to actually reach out of the cage and touch her. She stood there to try and gauge his response to their presence without setting him free.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:37 pm

Rain looked at Wynn more curious than annoyed. "... Who are you, and why are you taunting me with freedom?" He asked, finally speaking. Matt didn't seem surprised that Rain didn't know who they are, and that same expression remained.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:40 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Rain looked at Wynn more curious than annoyed. "... Who are you, and why are you taunting me with freedom?" He asked, finally speaking. Matt didn't seem surprised that Rain didn't know who they are, and that same expression remained.

Wynn stood there for a moment longer, then turned her head slightly. She walked back over to her cell door and pulled the bone out of the ground that she had used earlier and began picking the lock on Rain's cell door. She worked quickly, but seemed to block out all other stimuli as she concentrated on the lock.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 14 of 16 Previous  1 ... 8 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next