Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aruna

2 posters

Page 15 of 16 Previous  1 ... 9 ... 14, 15, 16  Next

Go down

Aruna - Page 15 Empty Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The peaceful world of Aruna, a massive grassland world, peaceful, calm, harmonious... Until now. A shadow looms over the White Tower, the shadow of Death. Exitium's forces have already begun appearing here and there, a prelude to the counterattack he will launch against Aeon's transgressions into his territory. Already, outlying villages are overrun, and one of them in particular shall serve as the staging ground for the attack on Aeon's fortress.

"We are in position for the slaughter." A dark elf reported to the demon known as Araman. He waved the elf away, looking down at the city below. Exitium's forces waited for his signal, he knew this, and the unsuspecting townsfolk held no chance against superior numbers and power. Though today seemed to be off... different... or he may have been perceiving the ease of this invasion incorrectly. It doesn't matter, he thought, the fires of war will scar this world regardless. He sent out a fire bomb onto the town below, the signal for the attack to begin. The first wave launched, followed close by the second, and already he could hear the panic ensuing...

The first signs of trouble immediately showed up at the door to the room Wynn rented. People panicking, far off sounds of fiery explosions, and screams of death and the likes... they all turned the morning into a red dawn for the approaching horde of Exitium forces, which already moved to surround the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aruna - Page 15 Empty Re: Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:42 pm

Matt watched the door, waiting for some enemy to try and interrupt. Meanwhile, Rain waited patiently, understanding what Wynn was attempting. He just seemed to watch Orion's fit of rage, not entirely understanding why he was acting that way. In fact, much of his time in this cell was a blur. Odd, he swore he could remember more than that.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:49 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt watched the door, waiting for some enemy to try and interrupt. Meanwhile, Rain waited patiently, understanding what Wynn was attempting. He just seemed to watch Orion's fit of rage, not entirely understanding why he was acting that way. In fact, much of his time in this cell was a blur. Odd, he swore he could remember more than that.

Wynn would be picking it for longer than what she had done on her own cell. It would be apparent to anyone paying attention that she was actually starting to get angry with the lock. She was becoming slightly more forceful with it, and working a little quicker. She eventually started doing a certain motion repeatedly. She did it more and more frantically. "Come. ON you piece of--" The lock would click and the door swung open. She dropped the bone to the ground and pulled her hood down so he could see her face.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:51 pm

"... Based on your attire, I take it you're an assassin? Assassin's don't normally show their face to people... do I know you?" He asked, not understanding just what Wynn did. He walked calmly out of the cell, keeping eye contact with Wynn, but he did seem much calmer now, compared to before.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:55 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... Based on your attire, I take it you're an assassin? Assassin's don't normally show their face to people... do I know you?" He asked, not understanding just what Wynn did. He walked calmly out of the cell, keeping eye contact with Wynn, but he did seem much calmer now, compared to before.

Wynn stood there, understanding that he must have been locked away for a long time. "I'm not sure... but we know you..." She replied. She was uncertain of whether she should actually say their names, or if it could potentially ruin time lines in their homeworld. She thought of a subtle way to try and stir up any memories if they existed. "...Does the name 'Thermidor' mean anything to you?..." She said, thinking she would be able to talk her way out of any problems that could arise from saying those words.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 5:58 pm

"Thermidor? I've heard that before... for some reason, it sounds like a guy I want to tear limb from limb for some reason, but I don't believe I've met him yet." He answered, thinking on the word, and mimicking its sound. "... Why? Is that your name or something?" He asked, not understanding why she would ask such a question. Matt didn't turn to look at Rain, for unknown reasons.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:02 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Thermidor? I've heard that before... for some reason, it sounds like a guy I want to tear limb from limb for some reason, but I don't believe I've met him yet." He answered, thinking on the word, and mimicking its sound. "... Why? Is that your name or something?" He asked, not understanding why she would ask such a question. Matt didn't turn to look at Rain, for unknown reasons.

Wynn stood there for a moment, thinking of how to respond to that. "Let's just say you're not the only one..." She said carefully.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:05 pm

"Huh, funny, I hate I person I've never met. Maybe you can tell me who the guy is later?" He asked, looking up at Matt, confused as to his actions, and the emotions radiating from him, but saying nothing. "... So... Where are my weapons so that I can kill the angels that locked me up in here, and that damned general too?" "General?" Orion asked, his rant stopping dead cold. "General Reas?" "Yeah, that bastard. Locked me up here for 'trying to kill him.' Complete [censored]." Rain replied. Orion looked confused. "But... that's impossible... why would the general lock me up?!"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:08 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Huh, funny, I hate I person I've never met. Maybe you can tell me who the guy is later?" He asked, looking up at Matt, confused as to his actions, and the emotions radiating from him, but saying nothing. "... So... Where are my weapons so that I can kill the angels that locked me up in here, and that damned general too?" "General?" Orion asked, his rant stopping dead cold. "General Reas?" "Yeah, that bastard. Locked me up here for 'trying to kill him.' Complete [censored]." Rain replied. Orion looked confused. "But... that's impossible... why would the general lock me up?!"

Wynn would turn and shoot Orion a cold glare. "Perhaps it's because you're an insufferable bastard?" She asked in an icy tone, which contrasted with her calm attitude a moment ago.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:15 pm

"Are you always this [censored]?" Orion asked contemptously. It's bad enough you enslaved me to a fourteen year old, but I have to deal with his smart-[censored], suicidal sister. He thought, then turned back to Rain. "General Reas wouldn't lock either of us up here, Roix would have set us free." Before Rain could register what foreign thought just crept into his head, his mouth spoke before him. "Roix died."

"What?!" Orion yelled out, not understanding. "Wha-HOW!?" Rain shook his head, regaining control of himself. "... I don't..." He said, confused. "... We need to go." He said, looking up at Wynn. "What the hell is going on here?!" Orion yelled out in protest. Matt sighed and turned to look at Orion. "We should leave before the guards catch onto us."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Are you always this [censored]?" Orion asked contemptously. It's bad enough you enslaved me to a fourteen year old, but I have to deal with his smart-[censored], suicidal sister. He thought, then turned back to Rain. "General Reas wouldn't lock either of us up here, Roix would have set us free." Before Rain could register what foreign thought just crept into his head, his mouth spoke before him. "Roix died."

"What?!" Orion yelled out, not understanding. "Wha-HOW!?" Rain shook his head, regaining control of himself. "... I don't..." He said, confused. "... We need to go." He said, looking up at Wynn. "What the hell is going on here?!" Orion yelled out in protest. Matt sighed and turned to look at Orion. "We should leave before the guards catch onto us."

Wynn would turn back to rain after her original remark, then turned again in response to Orion's remark. "I wouldn't know, you're the first person whose lived long enough to develop an opinion." She shot back. "A mistake I wont soon repeat." She then shoved Orion outof her mind. She nodded when Rain said they needed to leave and put her hood back up. She started running for the door before the rest of them did.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:25 pm

Matt handed Rain his weapon and armor on their way out. Rain looked confused, but nodded, understanding that now was a bad time to ask questions. He followed Wynn, wielding his sword firmly, comfortable, now that it was back in his hands. Matt ordered Orion to follow and, though he was defiant in words, he found his body unresponsive to his own desires. Matt and Orion followed Rain.

What met them at the top of the stairs leading to the ground floor were dead angelic guards lying all over the place, likely the work of Jaxe. More stairs laid across the room, spiraling upwards to the top of the tower. From the stairs, the sounds of battle and death erupted.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Aug 04, 2012 8:21 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt handed Rain his weapon and armor on their way out. Rain looked confused, but nodded, understanding that now was a bad time to ask questions. He followed Wynn, wielding his sword firmly, comfortable, now that it was back in his hands. Matt ordered Orion to follow and, though he was defiant in words, he found his body unresponsive to his own desires. Matt and Orion followed Rain.

What met them at the top of the stairs leading to the ground floor were dead angelic guards lying all over the place, likely the work of Jaxe. More stairs laid across the room, spiraling upwards to the top of the tower. From the stairs, the sounds of battle and death erupted.

Wynn would steal only a brief glance at the bodies when she came up on them. She continued moving as she did so and approached the stairs. When she heard the sounds of fighting higher up, she drew her knife expecting to also have to fight in a closed space on the way up the stair well.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Aug 21, 2012 7:15 pm

What would meet her sight first, before the others, was a frenzied battle between undead and the Aeon forces guarding the Tower. Outside, visible through some of the windows, the same style of conflict could also be seen. It seemed, however, that the Aeon soldiers were retreating to the top of the tower, which was Wynn's destination.

"This may not be easy." He stated, brushing past Wynn to take point. "Unless you have a better idea, I'll plow us a path through this mess." He stated, magic charging up in his arms to give an idea to Wynn what was going through his head.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:46 am

Quantum Rain wrote:What would meet her sight first, before the others, was a frenzied battle between undead and the Aeon forces guarding the Tower. Outside, visible through some of the windows, the same style of conflict could also be seen. It seemed, however, that the Aeon soldiers were retreating to the top of the tower, which was Wynn's destination.

"This may not be easy." He stated, brushing past Wynn to take point. "Unless you have a better idea, I'll plow us a path through this mess." He stated, magic charging up in his arms to give an idea to Wynn what was going through his head.

Wynn shook her head silently to let him know she had no other ideas.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Aug 25, 2012 10:00 am

Rain nodded, conjuring a fiery shield and began advancing up the stairs. As they made their way up onto the rear guard of the Exitium force, Rain used the flames to cut a path, but left stragglers to the others. Matt deigned to utilize barriers to prevent ranged fire from injuring the party. Orion was right behind Matt, walking along grudgingly.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Sep 25, 2012 9:48 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Rain nodded, conjuring a fiery shield and began advancing up the stairs. As they made their way up onto the rear guard of the Exitium force, Rain used the flames to cut a path, but left stragglers to the others. Matt deigned to utilize barriers to prevent ranged fire from injuring the party. Orion was right behind Matt, walking along grudgingly.

Wynn put her knife away, seeing the barriers and drew the two swords and put them together into their double-sided spear form. She put her left hand on Matt's shoulder, while keeping the spear ready in her right hand. If he turned to look, Matt would see Wynn nod at him and knew her meaning: she would take out anyone that tried to get close enough to attack past the barrier.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Oct 30, 2012 7:01 am

As the party continued forth, an Exitium soldier broke through, only to meet a knife in the head by Orion, whom promptly tore him apart literally. He did not look happy about it either.

Eventually, they would hear a voice up above, that of the commander it seemed. "Do not let the light falter, annihilate them all!" The general commanded, and Rain stopped, listening, and somewhat enraged now. "I know that voice... that bastard... I'M GOING TO ANNIHILATE YOU!" He yelled up, proceeding at twice the rate and his fiery shield turning into a blue inferno, uncaring of whom is in the way.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue Oct 30, 2012 8:08 am

Quantum Rain wrote:As the party continued forth, an Exitium soldier broke through, only to meet a knife in the head by Orion, whom promptly tore him apart literally. He did not look happy about it either.

Eventually, they would hear a voice up above, that of the commander it seemed. "Do not let the light falter, annihilate them all!" The general commanded, and Rain stopped, listening, and somewhat enraged now. "I know that voice... that bastard... I'M GOING TO ANNIHILATE YOU!" He yelled up, proceeding at twice the rate and his fiery shield turning into a blue inferno, uncaring of whom is in the way.

"Wait!" Wynn exclaimed as he ran up the stairs. She looked at Matt, silently telling him they need to chase after him. She started sprinting up after him first. "Stop!" She called up to him again. "GET BACK HERE, DAMN IT!" Needless to say, she was infuriated at the fact he just took off without them.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Nov 30, 2012 8:20 am

Matt tried his best to keep up with Wynn, and Orion seemed to be dragged along by an unseen force, barely able to keep up by not being able to get his bearings. At some point, he deigned to use his wings to try and keep up, eliminating anyone that tried to get in his way.

Rain, further ahead still, laid out a path of broken, unconscious, and in some cases, dead bodies. Exitium or Aeon, it didn't matter to him this time, they were both hit all the same. He plowed his way up the spiraling staircase, reaching the top in mere minutes. At that point, everything was eerily silent for those that were still trying to catch up to him.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Dec 31, 2012 9:17 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt tried his best to keep up with Wynn, and Orion seemed to be dragged along by an unseen force, barely able to keep up by not being able to get his bearings. At some point, he deigned to use his wings to try and keep up, eliminating anyone that tried to get in his way.

Rain, further ahead still, laid out a path of broken, unconscious, and in some cases, dead bodies. Exitium or Aeon, it didn't matter to him this time, they were both hit all the same. He plowed his way up the spiraling staircase, reaching the top in mere minutes. At that point, everything was eerily silent for those that were still trying to catch up to him.

Wynn would reach the top of the staircase not too long after Rain did. She was breathing a bit more heavily than usual, but it was barely noticeable. She glared at Rain and walked over to him. "DONT TAKE OFF LIKE THAT AGAIN!" She shouted. She would punch him HARD in the nose. "WE GET SPLIT UP HERE, WE DIE!" At this point, "livid" would be an understatement.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:18 pm

Wynn's hand connected to Rain's face, but the latter showed no signs of caring. Ahead of them was their targets... Araman, General Reas, and Lilith, all with their backs turned to them as they were observing a portal activation ritual. That is until Rain cast several fire spells and burned the Exitium soldiers to ashes, causing the trio to turn towards their new adversaries.

"I want to see your face before I decimate you, traitor." Rain said angrily towards Reas, not really paying attention to the the other two servants of death. "Bold words." Araman spoke calmly. "Bold words indeed for a broken soldier. Oh, and there's the assassin and her brother... with a pet angel no less, my, this is interesting. I wonder what happened in my absence to cause this misfit party to appear..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jan 10, 2013 7:24 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Wynn's hand connected to Rain's face, but the latter showed no signs of caring. Ahead of them was their targets... Araman, General Reas, and Lilith, all with their backs turned to them as they were observing a portal activation ritual. That is until Rain cast several fire spells and burned the Exitium soldiers to ashes, causing the trio to turn towards their new adversaries.

"I want to see your face before I decimate you, traitor." Rain said angrily towards Reas, not really paying attention to the the other two servants of death. "Bold words." Araman spoke calmly. "Bold words indeed for a broken soldier. Oh, and there's the assassin and her brother... with a pet angel no less, my, this is interesting. I wonder what happened in my absence to cause this misfit party to appear..."

Wynn drew her bow and immediately took aim at her target of choice. She let a trio of arrows fly, and they would soar straight for Araman. She would begin striding forward and took aim and fired a second pair of arrows at him immediately after. She went to fire a third volley, but when she went to draw arrows, she wouldn't find any. She swore under her breath, then drew her short blades and combined them into its staff form and rushed at Araman at insane speed, and would thrust one of the blades forward into him when she got close enough.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 12, 2013 6:53 am

Araman swiftly brought out a pair of short swords as he deflected the arrows, slicing them apart or reflecting them harmlessly off the blade as he dodged the other. As Wynn neared Araman, who had just finished dodging the arrows, the demon cast an ice spell causing spikes in her path and knocking her back to the others. "Now now, we can certainly be civil about this." The ice demon said pretentiously.

"It is of no use to us whether they are or not, Araman." Lilith spoke up, entering a battle stance. "We were manipulated to be here at this exact time." "Manipulated you say? By who?" Araman inquired, entering a battle stance of his own.

Rain gritted his teeth as he prepared to charge at the combatants. In Wynn's and Matt's minds, however, they would hear a voice. Jaxe's to be specific. "Wynn, fight alongside Rain for this battle. Keep the trio at bay while Matthias does his appointed task. Matthias, I require you to resume the portal ritual, protect Orion at any cost. I will arrive shortly to assist you." The calm voice commanded of the duo.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Sat Jan 12, 2013 8:59 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Araman swiftly brought out a pair of short swords as he deflected the arrows, slicing them apart or reflecting them harmlessly off the blade as he dodged the other. As Wynn neared Araman, who had just finished dodging the arrows, the demon cast an ice spell causing spikes in her path and knocking her back to the others. "Now now, we can certainly be civil about this." The ice demon said pretentiously.

"It is of no use to us whether they are or not, Araman." Lilith spoke up, entering a battle stance. "We were manipulated to be here at this exact time." "Manipulated you say? By who?" Araman inquired, entering a battle stance of his own.

Rain gritted his teeth as he prepared to charge at the combatants. In Wynn's and Matt's minds, however, they would hear a voice. Jaxe's to be specific. "Wynn, fight alongside Rain for this battle. Keep the trio at bay while Matthias does his appointed task. Matthias, I require you to resume the portal ritual, protect Orion at any cost. I will arrive shortly to assist you." The calm voice commanded of the duo.

Wynn would jump and flip over the ice spikes, and roll when she hit the ground. She stopped charging, then pulled something from a pouch and threw it at the ground. Smoke would engulf the area around her. She would pull more and thicken the smoke with repeated smoke bombs.
I'm going to need your help. She thought toward a distant being.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 25, 2013 7:47 am

I will arrive shortly, worry not about that. Focus on the task at hand and survive. That is your strong suite after all. The being thought back, sending reassurance.

Matt looked over at Orion and grinned, surprisingly. He called forth mystic energy into the palm of his hand as Orion sighed, catching onto his new "master's" intentions. Matt was the first to act of the two, charging in and casting a barrier for Wynn and himself simultaneously.

Lilith cast an area spell, clearing out the smoke into a miniature tornado of sorts which sped off. Araman followed up and charged at Wynn, swords in hand as he struck in a cross-horizontal fashion, creating waves of energy from the blades, only to be surprised as the waves impacted against the barrier.

Lilith was unable to follow up as she found herself tied up with Rain as he came rushing in with almost overwhelming physical strength and pure rage. She pushed him back with the aid of the "general" that had allied with her. "I will annihilate you!" Rain snarled, power surging through his blade.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down