Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Aruna

2 posters

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next

Go down

Aruna - Page 8 Empty Aruna

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Apr 22, 2012 3:24 pm

First topic message reminder :

The peaceful world of Aruna, a massive grassland world, peaceful, calm, harmonious... Until now. A shadow looms over the White Tower, the shadow of Death. Exitium's forces have already begun appearing here and there, a prelude to the counterattack he will launch against Aeon's transgressions into his territory. Already, outlying villages are overrun, and one of them in particular shall serve as the staging ground for the attack on Aeon's fortress.

"We are in position for the slaughter." A dark elf reported to the demon known as Araman. He waved the elf away, looking down at the city below. Exitium's forces waited for his signal, he knew this, and the unsuspecting townsfolk held no chance against superior numbers and power. Though today seemed to be off... different... or he may have been perceiving the ease of this invasion incorrectly. It doesn't matter, he thought, the fires of war will scar this world regardless. He sent out a fire bomb onto the town below, the signal for the attack to begin. The first wave launched, followed close by the second, and already he could hear the panic ensuing...

The first signs of trouble immediately showed up at the door to the room Wynn rented. People panicking, far off sounds of fiery explosions, and screams of death and the likes... they all turned the morning into a red dawn for the approaching horde of Exitium forces, which already moved to surround the city.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Aruna - Page 8 Empty Re: Aruna

Post by Wynn Mon May 21, 2012 5:40 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion stopped, and blocked the staff blow with his two daggers. They glowed lightly as they repelled the staff back at Wynn. The momentary light illuminated the bronze-gold armor that Orion was wearing as he just stood there, not advancing again. He stared at the two kids.

Matt squinted against the darkness, trying to accurately make out the figure. "... do we know him?" He asked, as he charged a small burst of energy into his hand in case they needed a barrier at a moment's notice.

Wynn would let the arrow fly then catch the staff with her now free hand. She put the bow on her back and split the staff into two short swords. The answer was clear: no.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 21, 2012 5:44 pm

Orion sliced away the arrow at a surprising speed. He was faster than the demon that Wynn faced before, that was certain. He just stood there, though, he didn't advance. A pair of armed kids, one that demonstrates the skills of an assassin, another a blue mage. Why does this seem familiar? He thought, analyzing the situation.

"... Why isn't he advancing? Why is he standing there?" Matt asked aloud, still ready to throw up a barrier at any time.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 21, 2012 5:50 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion sliced away the arrow at a surprising speed. He was faster than the demon that Wynn faced before, that was certain. He just stood there, though, he didn't advance. A pair of armed kids, one that demonstrates the skills of an assassin, another a blue mage. Why does this seem familiar? He thought, analyzing the situation.

"... Why isn't he advancing? Why is he standing there?" Matt asked aloud, still ready to throw up a barrier at any time.

Wynn would be on the man in a few blinks and would promptly begin slashing with both short swords with lightning speeds. She had no intent on letting this man just follow, capture, or even kill them.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue May 22, 2012 5:05 pm

Orion was just as fast as Wynn with a blade, however, and managed to dodge or block every blow with his own, but did not counterattack even if he were presented the opportunity. "... Can I say something before you try to kill me again?" He says, as he pushes Wynn back. "I'm not here to hurt you."

Rain stared down the dark, dank, and rather tight space of the tunnel that supposedly led down and underneath the tunnel. "... You have to be kidding me..." He said, partially to himself and partially to the Aeon soldier standing next to him. "If that turns out to be a dead end, we'd be dead in that tight space." He forethought, thinking on whether they should risk it or not. Unfortunately, his decision was rushed by the crashing sounds of the castle courtyard gate caving in to the enemy barrage. "Oh, well, guess we have no choice. I'll go first, and carve a tunnel if I have to. You get everyone down here and following me." He ordered the soldier, who nodded and ran off. Moments later, Rain was stumbling through the tunnel, and soldiers were walking in, following him, carrying whatever supplies they could, as well as wounded. Did I forget to mention how much I hate close spaces... He thought, as he nearly tripped over a piece of rubble.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Tue May 22, 2012 5:58 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion was just as fast as Wynn with a blade, however, and managed to dodge or block every blow with his own, but did not counterattack even if he were presented the opportunity. "... Can I say something before you try to kill me again?" He says, as he pushes Wynn back. "I'm not here to hurt you."

Rain stared down the dark, dank, and rather tight space of the tunnel that supposedly led down and underneath the tunnel. "... You have to be kidding me..." He said, partially to himself and partially to the Aeon soldier standing next to him. "If that turns out to be a dead end, we'd be dead in that tight space." He forethought, thinking on whether they should risk it or not. Unfortunately, his decision was rushed by the crashing sounds of the castle courtyard gate caving in to the enemy barrage. "Oh, well, guess we have no choice. I'll go first, and carve a tunnel if I have to. You get everyone down here and following me." He ordered the soldier, who nodded and ran off. Moments later, Rain was stumbling through the tunnel, and soldiers were walking in, following him, carrying whatever supplies they could, as well as wounded. Did I forget to mention how much I hate close spaces... He thought, as he nearly tripped over a piece of rubble.

Wynn would only stop long enough to hear him out, but would immediately started attacking again. She didn't even say anything. For whatever reason, she was not interested in letting him talk it out.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 5:14 pm

Orion kept blocking, agile, simple blocks. Hm, that didn't work... Orion jumped backwards, a fair distance being placed between Wynn and him. The odd part was when his feet didn't touch the ground a second time. Matt looked at the white wings that suddenly appeared out of the person's back. "Aeon soldier..." He remarked, loud enough for Wynn to hear. "What do you want with us?" He spoke towards Orion, whom turned toward him, curious. What do I say now? He thought for a moment, honestly unsure of why he followed the kids this far himself. "... Curiosity." He finally admitted bluntly. Matt looked at him oddly for it as well. "About?" he inquired, trying to understand.

"Your abilities." Orion replied.
"Abilities?"
"Yes, yours and her's against the undead."
"What do you mean?"
"... How are you able to fight them so well?"
"... You're making no sense, why are you here really?"
"... I was ordered to help."
"By who?"
"My general."
"... We don't know any generals."
"No, but that doesn't change the fact that I was."
"How does a general know about someone that he's never met?"
"He told me to protect and evacuate all civilians from the city."
"... So?"
"... I don't know."
"We don't need your help. Just leave."
"..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 5:29 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Orion kept blocking, agile, simple blocks. Hm, that didn't work... Orion jumped backwards, a fair distance being placed between Wynn and him. The odd part was when his feet didn't touch the ground a second time. Matt looked at the white wings that suddenly appeared out of the person's back. "Aeon soldier..." He remarked, loud enough for Wynn to hear. "What do you want with us?" He spoke towards Orion, whom turned toward him, curious. What do I say now? He thought for a moment, honestly unsure of why he followed the kids this far himself. "... Curiosity." He finally admitted bluntly. Matt looked at him oddly for it as well. "About?" he inquired, trying to understand.

"Your abilities." Orion replied.
"Abilities?"
"Yes, yours and her's against the undead."
"What do you mean?"
"... How are you able to fight them so well?"
"... You're making no sense, why are you here really?"
"... I was ordered to help."
"By who?"
"My general."
"... We don't know any generals."
"No, but that doesn't change the fact that I was."
"How does a general know about someone that he's never met?"
"He told me to protect and evacuate all civilians from the city."
"... So?"
"... I don't know."
"We don't need your help. Just leave."
"..."

Wynn would stand there listening. She gripped the blades tightly, staring that the man who had followed them. "People who spy on me have a way of ending up dead." She said in a low tone. She was not so open to conversation. "I don't care who sent you. Leave." She finished coldly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 5:36 pm

"... I was not spying." Orion replied, unsure of really what to say anymore. "Then what do you call following us through a burning city past a horde of undead enemies? Leave. Now." Matt shot back rather harshly. He thought that something was off with Orion. Very off. Orion landed back onto the ground, sheathing his blades. "... Very well." He says, turning back towards the burning, ruined city. "Back to my death with my supposed comrades." He started walking.

Matt watched the Aeon soldier leave for a second or two. "... We should get moving. Find somewhere safe and quiet to camp... away from here." Matt said, turning back towards the forest and sprinting inward, also attempting to put distance between the angel and themselves.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 5:37 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... I was not spying." Orion replied, unsure of really what to say anymore. "Then what do you call following us through a burning city past a horde of undead enemies? Leave. Now." Matt shot back rather harshly. He thought that something was off with Orion. Very off. Orion landed back onto the ground, sheathing his blades. "... Very well." He says, turning back towards the burning, ruined city. "Back to my death with my supposed comrades." He started walking.

Matt watched the Aeon soldier leave for a second or two. "... We should get moving. Find somewhere safe and quiet to camp... away from here." Matt said, turning back towards the forest and sprinting inward, also attempting to put distance between the angel and themselves.

Wynn would stand there a moment, blades still drawn. She watched him walk away and stayed a few moments more. Then she turned and sprinted after Matt.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 5:41 pm

After a half hour of mixed jogging, walking, and running through the dark forest, Matt finally stopped, out of breath. "... Why do I... have to be the pack mule again?" He asked teasingly. "... Do you think there's a good... camp site near here...?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 5:44 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:After a half hour of mixed jogging, walking, and running through the dark forest, Matt finally stopped, out of breath. "... Why do I... have to be the pack mule again?" He asked teasingly. "... Do you think there's a good... camp site near here...?"

Wynn smiled, even though Matt couldn't see her face. "Because you're my LITTLE brother." She teased back. She would stop him, however, and took the bag from him. "Ill carry it for a while." She said before they would start running again. When they reached the spot they stopped at, she looked all around. She looked up to the tree tops. "Think we could find a way to camp out on the tree branches?" She replied. "We're sitting ducks on the ground."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 5:47 pm

"... I guess I'll have to find a creative way to make a campfire." Matt replied back, focusing a slew of energy into his hand as he rose it up. A series of barriers surrounded a group of trees and began manipulating their shape and the orientation of the branches until they were situated well enough for their use as a camping site. "What would you ever do without your LITTLE brother?" Matt said back teasingly.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 5:52 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"... I guess I'll have to find a creative way to make a campfire." Matt replied back, focusing a slew of energy into his hand as he rose it up. A series of barriers surrounded a group of trees and began manipulating their shape and the orientation of the branches until they were situated well enough for their use as a camping site. "What would you ever do without your LITTLE brother?" Matt said back teasingly.

"Fall out of a tree top and split my head." Wynn replied bluntly. She walked up to one of the trees he had manipulated and began scaling it. Even with all the supplies on her back, she would scale the branches very quickly, reaching the top in a matter of seconds. To her, climbing trees was child's play. She sat on one of the branches and pulled out the tape she had used before to make her smoke bombs and began putting two long pieces together. The two sticky sides were put together, and she used this strip to tie the backpack to a branch strong enough to hold the bag so it wouldn't fall in the middle of the night.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 5:55 pm

Matt scaled the tree with less speed and ability as Wynn did, once almost falling due to a bad step. However, he managed to reach the top without incident and began looking about for a suitable location for an artificial fire. "Hmm... If only I had a flat surface..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 5:57 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt scaled the tree with less speed and ability as Wynn did, once almost falling due to a bad step. However, he managed to reach the top without incident and began looking about for a suitable location for an artificial fire. "Hmm... If only I had a flat surface..."

Wynn would stop and think for a moment. She knew what he was getting at immediately. "Does it matter if it's normally flammable?" She would inquire. "I could make one with the resources available easily."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 5:59 pm

"No, it doesn't really matter. I just need to be extra careful about the circle I draw unless we want it to explode in the middle of the night..." Matt replied, catching on to what she was thinking of. "It just needs to be flat enough that there aren't any discontinuities between the lines."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 6:03 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"No, it doesn't really matter. I just need to be extra careful about the circle I draw unless we want it to explode in the middle of the night..." Matt replied, catching on to what she was thinking of. "It just needs to be flat enough that there aren't any discontinuities between the lines."

She would stand up and walk across the branches as if she were standing on the ground below. She would begin snapping small twigs one by one. "You might want to get comfortable, this could take a while." She stated while breaking a branch.
After gathering some branches, she used the same tape that she had strung the backpack up with to hold the branches she had gathered in a grid pattern. After they were put together, she began putting strips of tape across the grid she had made, creating a flat surface. For good measure, she put multiple layers on it and set it down in the middle of their treetop campsite. It was small, but big enough to make a small magic fire on. "That work?" She asked, taking one last look at it to make sure there were no rips in the surface.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 6:07 pm

"Hm. Yeah, that should do nicely." Matt answered, as he focused for a second, and then his index finger glowed briefly in response. He began tracing a circle around the center of the artificial surface. An intricate pattern, with the same glow that the artificial doorway had earlier at the wall. "I'm going to need some kindle to start the fire at least, though. As well as to give it a base to start from." Matt stated, as he was halfway finished with the pattern he was making.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 6:10 pm

Wynn would get up and tear a few small twigs off the sides of the trees again. "Could've told me that before." She teased. She brought a couple hands full of the twigs and sat down across the surface from Matt, waiting for him to finish the pattern. "Try to keep it to just embers if you can. Hot, but nothing that will give us away."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 6:14 pm

Matt nodded his understanding as he went back to the beginning to add a few lines to the pattern. Likely in compliance with Wynn's wishes. As he finishes the intricate pattern, he marks an 'X' within the circle. "Place the kindle in the center." He stated, "and avoid touching the circle."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 6:24 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Matt nodded his understanding as he went back to the beginning to add a few lines to the pattern. Likely in compliance with Wynn's wishes. As he finishes the intricate pattern, he marks an 'X' within the circle. "Place the kindle in the center." He stated, "and avoid touching the circle."

She would carefully put her hands over the circle and drop the kindling into the center without actually touching the circle. Then she would just sit and watch.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri May 25, 2012 6:26 pm

The kindling caught ablaze for a moment or two, and then the brilliant, oddly blue flames died down until a heap of sort of charred wood glowed brightly enough to provide heat, as Wynn requested. "There we go." Matt said, leaning back against a tree trunk now. "That's better."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri May 25, 2012 6:31 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The kindling caught ablaze for a moment or two, and then the brilliant, oddly blue flames died down until a heap of sort of charred wood glowed brightly enough to provide heat, as Wynn requested. "There we go." Matt said, leaning back against a tree trunk now. "That's better."

Wynn would nod and leaned against the tree across the fire from Matt and just stared upward at the night sky. "I swear, if another soldier wakes me tonight, they're going to get a very unpleasant surprise from above..." She was extremely tired. She hadn't had a decent night's sleep in a week and had gotten even less in the past few days.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon May 28, 2012 10:14 am

"... So, what are we going to do now?" Matt asked the dreaded question of the night. "Any ideas, or should I think of something?" He glanced over at Wynn, then back at the burning embers of their fire, his mind already thinking on its own.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon May 28, 2012 10:32 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"... So, what are we going to do now?" Matt asked the dreaded question of the night. "Any ideas, or should I think of something?" He glanced over at Wynn, then back at the burning embers of their fire, his mind already thinking on its own.

Wynn looked back down from the sky and looked at him. "If you mean for the rest of the night, we should rest." Wyn replied. "If you mean tomorrow morning, then I honestly haven't a clue." She looked at the fire a few moments more and crossed her arms. Her eyes were already getting heavy. She had gotten very little sleep in the last couple weeks. She sat there silently, and before Matt knew it, she had fallen asleep.

Dream World:

Wynn awoke quickly and gasped for air. She had no idea what time it was or where she was.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 8 of 16 Previous  1 ... 5 ... 7, 8, 9 ... 12 ... 16  Next