Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+6
Comrade Greiv
Fore Admiral Disayle
Roach
Sir Noret
Wynn
Quantum Rain
10 posters

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter Two - Page 26 Empty Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter two, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!

Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two - Page 26 Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn Thu Jun 21, 2012 11:08 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"An all knowing one, too. That lightsaber won't help, either, given that I have no head to cut off." The being replied, being blunt at the end. "I'm rather surprised you haven't felt me before. I was there, at that summit. Rather unexpected turn there, what, with the lack of the unification of all of those factions and everything..."

Lara remained silent for several minutes. "... I can try something else, though." She said, looking back up at Lae, still concerned and sorrowful at the same time. "It may be possible to block him, at least from taking over so easily."

Lae would not hesitate for a moment. "Do it." He would jump on the offer the very moment she finished talking.

Xaldius: NO! YOU. WILL. NOT!
Lae: Bite me.
Xaldius: YOU'VE SAID THAT TWICE.
Lae: Deal with it you sad sack of [censored], pedophile.
Xaldius: EXCUSE ME!?
Lae: You're the one inside the mind of a minor, not me.

Xaldius would go entirely silent. He would then reach out to speak to Lara. While he wasn't attempting to escape, he was simply projecting a voice that she could make sense of without reading someone else's mind.

The voice was that of something inhuman. Something even more than just a demon. Before it even began to speak, she would feel the blood lust around her. "YOU DO NOT DECIDE MY FATE! IF YOU SO MUCH AS SHIFT A NEURON OR TAMPER A THOUGHT, I WILL DISSECT YOU AND FEAST UPON YOUR ENTRAILS!!"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:21 am

--Anima Prime--

Lara shrugged off the mental assault without so much as a word. Her mind having been long since adapted to deal with, and block, such things at will. "The process is long... it will require multiple treatments, I guess you could call it."

--Roach's Ship whose name eludes me...--

"Please, if I were a sith... I'd be off killing your crew first, then die at your hands like a pathetic fool." The being replies rather sarcastically. It would seem that it is aware of Roach's powers and stance. "I did not come here for idle chatter, however. I came to warn you that you're flying into the spark that will ignite a war."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:23 am

Quantum Rain wrote:--Anima Prime--

Lara shrugged off the mental assault without so much as a word. Her mind having been long since adapted to deal with, and block, such things at will. "The process is long... it will require multiple treatments, I guess you could call it."

--Roach's Ship whose name eludes me...--

"Please, if I were a sith... I'd be off killing your crew first, then die at your hands like a pathetic fool." The being replies rather sarcastically. It would seem that it is aware of Roach's powers and stance. "I did not come here for idle chatter, however. I came to warn you that you're flying into the spark that will ignite a war."

Lae shook his head and interrupted her after she said 'treatments' "I don't care, just do it." He said, almost as if he was begging her to do it. "If it means at least making this bastard be quieter, then do it."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:25 am

"Okay. I need you to be calm. Don't try to move." She said, as she reached forward with both hands, either resting over the adjacent temple of the head. "This may hurt..." She warned, just as she started. The first step was separation of the two consciousnesses. Finding, and identifying, the line between Lae and Xaldius. Then, it was a matter of erecting barriers.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:40 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Okay. I need you to be calm. Don't try to move." She said, as she reached forward with both hands, either resting over the adjacent temple of the head. "This may hurt..." She warned, just as she started. The first step was separation of the two consciousnesses. Finding, and identifying, the line between Lae and Xaldius. Then, it was a matter of erecting barriers.

Lae took a deep breath and relaxed every muscle in his body. He closed his eyes and let his mind go clear, hoping that abstaining from stray thoughts might make things easier for her. When she entered, he felt a tingling sensation throughout his body, but he remained completely still.

The presence continued on like a torrent of hate, however. From the moment she 'entered' Lae's mind, the other one began cursing her name in incomprehensible tongues. Once in a while, she would hear a coherent shout commanding her to leave. When she continued despite his threats, the other began lashing out at her. Somehow, it was using the link she had established to send mental attacks at her. Mental attacks that translated into excruciating physical pain.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:49 am

Despite the cuts and bruises that appeared on her body, as a result of her mind translating, and transferring, such pain into physical reality, Lara remained focused. She had identified the line between friend and foe and already begun erecting mental barriers and blocks between the two. They were fairly durable, being sustained by Lae's energies, but they wouldn't prevent a mental takeover. It would only allow Lae to resist for a time, at their current strength. It was a slow process for Lara, whom had to go over every detail to ensure a total separation.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 1:53 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Despite the cuts and bruises that appeared on her body, as a result of her mind translating, and transferring, such pain into physical reality, Lara remained focused. She had identified the line between friend and foe and already begun erecting mental barriers and blocks between the two. They were fairly durable, being sustained by Lae's energies, but they wouldn't prevent a mental takeover. It would only allow Lae to resist for a time, at their current strength. It was a slow process for Lara, whom had to go over every detail to ensure a total separation.

Slowly, over the period of time she spent creating the barriers, each wave of pain would become progressively weaker. Eventually, the attacks were blocked entirely. He was unable to lash out at her. However, It'd did not stop his voice. He spoke frantically, but none of it was coherent to her. The only thing she would understand during the entire rant was when he paused and 'screamed' "YOU [censored]!" at her.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:02 am

Lara released her hold, the barriers held, her job was complete. As she let go, she looked at her arms. They were scared everywhere, bruised as well, some with fresh wounds still bleeding. "..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:04 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Lara released her hold, the barriers held, her job was complete. As she let go, she looked at her arms. They were scared everywhere, bruised as well, some with fresh wounds still bleeding. "..."

Lae opened his eyes when he felt her presence in his mind subside. He saw her arms, and nearly had a heart attack. "...Did I... cause that?..." He looked genuinely fearful for her well-being.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:09 am

"I'll be okay, don't worry. I'm used to things like this." She states, trying to calm his fears. The wounds appear to have already begun healing, as the bleeding stopped. "What I did wasn't perfect. Further seminars will improve it greatly, but it will at least hold him at bay for several moments, more if you struggle."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:13 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"I'll be okay, don't worry. I'm used to things like this." She states, trying to calm his fears. The wounds appear to have already begun healing, as the bleeding stopped. "What I did wasn't perfect. Further seminars will improve it greatly, but it will at least hold him at bay for several moments, more if you struggle."

Before Lae could breath a sigh of relief, the voice in his head would scream with such volume that it actually made Lae look as if he was going to pass out for a few moments.

Xaldius: YOU THINK YOU'VE WON, YOU [censored] LITTLE PEST!?!? YOUR SOUL WAS MINE FROM BEFORE THE VERY MOMENT YOU AWOKE IN THAT POD!!! YOU WILL DIE IN TERROR SLOWLY ONCE I AM FREE!!!

Lae would look like he was in the twilight of consciousness for a moment more, then shook it off. "He doesn't give up, does he?..." He asked simply.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:17 am

Lara just held out her arm and pointed as her reply, thinking that it would be enough of an answer to his question. "I hope that it will help, at least, though." She stated, standing up now. "I have to make sure everyone else is ready. Rain pulled the schedule closer, since... well, maybe you should go talk to him."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:18 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Lara just held out her arm and pointed as her reply, thinking that it would be enough of an answer to his question. "I hope that it will help, at least, though." She stated, standing up now. "I have to make sure everyone else is ready. Rain pulled the schedule closer, since... well, maybe you should go talk to him."

"Sure," Lae replied. He grinned wryly and went on to ask, "But will I walk out of his office alive?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:27 am

"Want me to hold your hand?" She asked playfully, smiling.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:45 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Want me to hold your hand?" She asked playfully, smiling.

Lae laughed a little, and jokingly replied, "Might help. Not sure which voice I'm more afraid of at this point."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:47 am

--Balmorra war room--

Roach: What should I do then?
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:58 am

--Anima Prime--

Lara just smiled and waved goodbte. Then she walked out the door, disappearing behind the cold, reflective metal, leaving Lae alone within an empty, cold cafeteria.

--Balmorra--

"Whatever is necessary. This war is inevitable, once you see them, there is no turning back, though you may find this plot to be quite thicker than what it seems..." The shadow seemed to shift as whatever being controlling it stood up from its seat and faced Roach.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Jun 22, 2012 2:59 am

Roach: So i take it going on this mission with one cruiser is not advisable?
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:02 am

Quantum Rain wrote:--Anima Prime--

Lara just smiled and waved goodbye. Then she walked out the door, disappearing behind the cold, reflective metal, leaving Lae alone within an empty, cold cafeteria.

--Balmorra--

"Whatever is necessary. This war is inevitable, once you see them, there is no turning back, though you may find this plot to be quite thicker than what it seems..." The shadow seemed to shift as whatever being controlling it stood up from its seat and faced Roach.

Lae would waved back, and then went out a different door to go speak to Rain. As he walked, he could still hear Xaldius complaining, but far more faintly than before. He walked into Rain's office without knocking and met him with a blank expression.
"Knock knock." He said dryly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:06 am

Rain looked up to see a rather oddly happy Lae. At first he greeted it with obvious suspicion. "... Do you need something?" He asked, firstly curious of why he was present.

--Balmorra--

"One cruiser is plenty. The issue is what you do when you arrive... what you will learn will be... disturbing, I suppose. Be prepared to see truly what the galaxy has in store for you, Admiral. Lest you get washed up on the rocky, unforgiving shore." The shadow replied back, rather vague and yet poetically.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:10 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Rain looked up to see a rather oddly happy Lae. At first he greeted it with obvious suspicion. "... Do you need something?" He asked, firstly curious of why he was present.

--Balmorra--

"One cruiser is plenty. The issue is what you do when you arrive... what you will learn will be... disturbing, I suppose. Be prepared to see truly what the galaxy has in store for you, Admiral. Lest you get washed up on the rocky, unforgiving shore." The shadow replied back, rather vague and yet poetically.

"You. Called." Lae stated slowly. "What do you want?" He stood there and crossed his arms. If he could sense Xaldius' rants, he would be able to notice that they were significantly muffled and repressed.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:11 am

Roach: great of all the omnipotent beings in the galaxy i get to meat the cryptic one. roach thinks to him self. I will prepare myself and i can only hope i make the right decisions.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:15 am

"... Lara sent you, didn't she?" He asked, but didn't wait for him to answer. "Should've known she'd hear me from across the base... Well, I guess now is a good time to say that you should get ready. We'll be attacking the Spire within an hour, should no more complications arise... usually involving Reeds..." Rain sighed, stressed by the battle he has to lead, and with every new surprise thrust at him. "The plan has slightly changed, but your role remains the same. Make sure you plan accordingly."

--Balmorra--

"The cryptic ones are always more easily entertained, Admiral. As well, you are ready for what you are about to meet... now you know that you're going to meet it as well. You're welcome."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:16 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"... Lara sent you, didn't she?" He asked, but didn't wait for him to answer. "Should've known she'd hear me from across the base... Well, I guess now is a good time to say that you should get ready. We'll be attacking the Spire within an hour, should no more complications arise... usually involving Reeds..." Rain sighed, stressed by the battle he has to lead, and with every new surprise thrust at him. "The plan has slightly changed, but your role remains the same. Make sure you plan accordingly."

--Balmorra--

"The cryptic ones are always more easily entertained, Admiral. As well, you are ready for what you are about to meet... now you know that you're going to meet it as well. You're welcome."

Lae raised an eyebrow. "How has it changed?" He asked suspiciously.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Jun 22, 2012 3:20 am

Roach: "Thank you *there is a chirp from Roach's Comm* Roach here."

Comm: Third officer Aiden Pierce here sir all supplies are on board all systems are green and we are ready for departure.

Roach: Make it so Mr Peirce.

With a dull hum the Balmmora's Hyperdrive kicked in and with a lurch the ship leaped into hyperspace the blue hyperspace tunnel filled the view port of the War room.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 26 of 40 Previous  1 ... 14 ... 25, 26, 27 ... 33 ... 40  Next