Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Two

+6
Comrade Greiv
Fore Admiral Disayle
Roach
Sir Noret
Wynn
Quantum Rain
10 posters

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter Two - Page 22 Empty Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter two, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!

Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter Two - Page 22 Empty Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 30, 2012 7:22 pm

"Good side? If I cared about your opinion, or that of others, it would take too much energy from helping those that really matter." He said, picking Lae up and supporting him as he led him to the medical ward "Your opinion simply doesn't matter. Unfortunately, your health does."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 30, 2012 7:24 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Good side? If I cared about your opinion, or that of others, it would take too much energy from helping those that really matter." He said, picking Lae up and supporting him as he led him to the medical ward "Your opinion simply doesn't matter. Unfortunately, your health does."

Lae would not move his legs or support himself in any way. He was really taken down by the fatigue. "[censored] you too..." He managed to groan as Rain picked him up.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 30, 2012 7:26 pm

"Well, at least you're not heavy like a brick." He said, carrying him now toward their destination. It was several minutes before they arrived, and Reeds greeted them, as if expecting them. "Oh, so it only took a half-hour like I predicted? Damn I'm good!" He said, grinning wryly. Rain put Lae on the same medical bed and Reeds turned the machine on. "Now don't make me restrain you this time, alright?" Reeds said, taking a seat next to his bed.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed May 30, 2012 7:30 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Well, at least you're not heavy like a brick." He said, carrying him now toward their destination. It was several minutes before they arrived, and Reeds greeted them, as if expecting them. "Oh, so it only took a half-hour like I predicted? Damn I'm good!" He said, grinning wryly. Rain put Lae on the same medical bed and Reeds turned the machine on. "Now don't make me restrain you this time, alright?" Reeds said, taking a seat next to his bed.

Lae managed to raise his arm and curse him out in sign language, but would not even try to resist. He knew he couldn't move anyway.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed May 30, 2012 7:31 pm

"With the way you're acting, right back at you." Reeds said nonchalantly, just smiling in return. Reeds injected a pain reliever, which would also cause Lae to fall asleep.

--will edit later--
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Sat Jun 02, 2012 12:09 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:
darthme wrote:
Quantum Rain wrote:"Indeed, perhaps some of our scholars could make take a look themselves to confirm that, but past experience would agree with you." Karaed pauses for a moment. "So you're here for allies? Well, we can discuss the possibilities, but I suppose the first step would be an embassy, correct?"

"Naturally. I assume there is not ample space in a metropolis such as this. Is there a spot slightly outside the city that we might build an embassy? It would give us a bit more privacy and a better chance of making the optimal complex for the diplomats."

"That would depend on what environment you're kind is most comfortable with. We can build an embassy in anyway you may request, whether that be underwater, in the sky, on city grounds, on a mountain, wherever, and I may be able to acquiesce your desires thereof. We have a habit of compartmentalizing our cities to accommodate large amounts of inhabitants on the small islands that litter this world." Karaed replied a little prideful, but level in his tone.

"Do you build straight up? That is what we've had to do to the entire world of Alba, except for the oceans. I would like to have an embassy overlooking the sea, if that can be arranged. I find water very calming. Preferably at the edge of the city."
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Male Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 11:57 am

/Requiem Solar-class Special Operations Light Frigate/Unknown's Orbit/Unknown System/Lehon Sector\

Commander's Log: The problem with space is that it is huge, mindbogglingly vast. Sometimes things go unnoticed, entire civilizations can live and die with the others unawares of their existence. Yet, when Lehon Sector Command detected a strange and entirely unexpected communications black zone emanating from a system lost to the ancient records of this once-forgotten sector of space they assumed it was the result of rebel preparations for the construction of a hide-out. Considering the situation yet unworthy of fleet operations but sufficiently curious in nature to warrant investigation, Sector Command sent us, Special Operations Team LS-Upsillon, to investigate. They were wrong, there is no rebel base here, I doubt highly that were, are, or ever will be any of our rebels in this system. However, there is something, someone, else, or at least there was since there is a dearth of artificial signals emanating from the planet. We are in high orbit of a world that seems to have, at some point in the past, reached the equivalent of 3-4 centuries of post-industrial development. There appear to be primitive defense satellites, I do not think they could breach our shields if they are still active, but I have erred on the side of caution and have kept the Requiem cloaked. In addition however, we are incapable of entering hyperspace, the cause of this almost certainly artificial, as jumpdirve appears to be in perfect order and the system does not have any obvious anamolies that would prevent a jump. Considering none of the other planets possess immediate signs of colonization, I suspect these people were not great space-farers -which raises questions about the purpose of those defense satellites- and thus not the creators of whatever is generating this interdiction field. It may be Raktan in origin since we are still in their backyard; nevertheless, we will have investigate if we want to leave. As such, we will commence a deorbiting and landing sequence in approximately six hours. Though it is both unofficerly and unsoldierdly I have a sinking feeling that there is something else terribly wrong here.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Male Number of posts : 189

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:02 pm

--Aves--

Ackbar: Heh. Primitive. Potential. Now that we've stopped killing each other, maybe. We'll see. *Beat.* Ambassador, before you leave, I have one final question. We know the Primitus threat is real enough, and that no one race or nation can defeat them alone. However, most of the other races in this sector of the galaxy have been...less than cordial to my assertions. They've agreed to hold a summit in a few weeks' time and consider the threat, but I need evidence to convince them that it is real and coming fast. Ambassador, does the SRI have anything--anything at all--that could help in that regard?

--Palaven--

*After listening to Roach's explanation, Tiamat gives a sigh like twisting metal.* Tiamat: We simply wished to disappear into the galaxy once more. In your language, we desired to be "left alone". And yet, we could not just stand by on our world and watch as the Raiders silenced you.

*After a few more minutes, Chellick arrives.* Chellick: Well, this has been one of the more exciting days of my life. Come quickly, they're ready for you at the peace negotiations.

*He leads them out of the chamber and through the building to yet another room, where a table has been set up. On the left are seated Primarch Fedorian and several other primarchs and their attendants. The right side is empty. Chellick goes to his customary spot behind Fedorian, and Fedorian rises to meet the new arrivals.* Fedorian: Ah, good, you've come. Please, seat yourself on the other side, and we may begin. I expect this will go quickly.

*Tiamat nods and positions herself across from the turians. They wait until the Immortal Council has done so as well.*

Fedorian: Alright, let's get started. What are your terms, Your Grace?

Tiamat: If you cease your chants of war, we will gladly return your people to you. Additionally, we wish to be recognized as a "sovereign nation" and a free people with all rights as such. We desire land to settle as well, and additional songs after the war's end.

Fedorian: I'm impressed. *He looks around.* What do you think? *The other Primarchs murmur assent.* Very well, the Turian Hierarchy agrees to your terms. In addition, we will make reparations to your people--in whatever form you wish--to compensate for our most foolish actions. Finally, we wish to open further negotiations about possible trade and alliance. (To the IC) Councilors, do you have anything to add?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 12:13 pm

/Requiem Solar-class Special Operations Light Frigate\

Leon was sitting patiently for the landing, for a detailed breifing. The squad was geared up, everyone seemed ready, if not on edge. He had to admit, this world did seem very odd... and eerie. Gloomy as well, a dead planet. He was used to these feelings, as a spec-ops trooper of the Empire, he was used to these quiet, 'cut-off from the galaxy' missions, but this seemed different.

He was seated, thinking silently to himself, hiding himself away behind the black, reflective helmet of a Novatrooper. He found a sort of odd solace with his armor, knowing full well that in a firefight, it was better to dodge than get hit with this armor. I wonder what the commander has in store for us today? He thought to himself, waiting for the answer.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:07 pm

/Requiem/Unknown's Orbit\

Commander Engel strode into the briefing room with the air of someone attempting to look confident but not succeeding in any meaningful fashion. She brought up a holographic scan of the world and it's tactically relevant orbiting bodies. "As you know, we cannot as of now exit this system due to some form of interdiction field. As such, we will beginning planetary insertion immediately following this briefing. The good news is that the planet appears to be dead and we will likely not face any sentient resistance to our presence. The bad news is that those defense satellites may still be active. Preliminary scans indicated they have above-background levels of energy, whether this is the result of old batteries or some form activation system is impossible to tell. We will err on the side of caution and enter cloaked and shielded, meaning we'll have to go in slowly so we don't raise any alarms through our reentry heat. Yes, Johnson, that implies you can have lunch during the decent. Regardless, since this world is completely unknown to us and our Baitish partners we will have to remain on-guard as even if there isn't any remaining sentient life their may still be hostile fauna. Any questions?"

Edit: The grammar Nazi failed at grammar in his own post.

Last edited by Sir Noret on Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:30 pm; edited 1 time in total
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:15 pm

Leon took in and tore apart the relayed information, very curious as to the satellite defenses and the dead planet. "Why would there be satellite defenses over a dead, abandoned planet? Did they cause the planet's downfall?" Leon asked cautiously, unsure as to why a dead world would have satellite defenses that would last long after the world's downfall.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:41 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Aves--

Ackbar: Heh. Primitive. Potential. Now that we've stopped killing each other, maybe. We'll see. *Beat.* Ambassador, before you leave, I have one final question. We know the Primitus threat is real enough, and that no one race or nation can defeat them alone. However, most of the other races in this sector of the galaxy have been...less than cordial to my assertions. They've agreed to hold a summit in a few weeks' time and consider the threat, but I need evidence to convince them that it is real and coming fast. Ambassador, does the SRI have anything--anything at all--that could help in that regard?

"We have a few artifacts that I could have shipped from the Archives. If you have any surviving relics of that time in your people's history, we could cross-reference them, and show the correlation between two completely separated races. Ask the other powers attending if they have any, and I could make a case to prove the Primitus' existence."
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:51 pm

darthme wrote:
"Do you build straight up? That is what we've had to do to the entire world of Alba, except for the oceans. I would like to have an embassy overlooking the sea, if that can be arranged. I find water very calming. Preferably at the edge of the city."

Karaed thought for a moment. "I believe I may be able to accommodate that." He says, pulling up a holographic map of the city. The metropolis covered a series of six large islands all circling around a central one. "The South island may have room for an embassy large enough, it may be built on a suspended platform overhanging, and overlooking, the ocean likely, to give a sense of privacy." He explained, as the sector was highlighted.

(Ring formation, three islands circling around two islands, circling around the main in the center.)
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Sun Jun 03, 2012 1:56 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:
darthme wrote:

Karaed thought for a moment. "I believe I may be able to accommodate that." He says, pulling up a holographic map of the city. The metropolis covered a series of six large islands all circling around a central one. "The South island may have room for an embassy large enough, it may be built on a suspended platform overhanging, and overlooking, the ocean likely, to give a sense of privacy." He explained, as the sector was highlighted.

(Ring formation, three islands circling around two islands, circling around the main in the center.)

"That will do nicely, thank you ambassador."
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:03 pm

/Requiem\Unknown's Orbit\

"That is an excellent question Staff Sergeant; however, it is not one I can give you a definitive answer on. It is made only more curious since the surrounding area shows no readily apparent signs of civilization, indicating that they likely did not have ftl and were probably unaware of any other civilizations besides themselves. The only reason I could possibly guess then is that the world was divided and these satellites protected the individual zones from the others."
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:11 pm

"So these weapons may have been used on their makers..." He summarized, taking that bit of information in with a skeptical approach. He nodded, and remained silent, waiting for another question to appear or for instructions to be given from the LT.

--Ultra Vires, Office of State Affairs--

"Alright then, our workers and mechs will begin construction. Should you desire a specific configuration or architecture, feel free to forward such to me, I will inform them of the plans." Karaed spoke politely. "Do you require anything else for the time being?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 2:38 pm

/Requiem/Unknown's Orbit\

"Possible, but unlikely, it doesn't seems like they would be powerful enough to cause planetary scale destruction, if anything they seem more like a point-defense system for a planet then anything designed to attack major ground or space targets. Regardless, they may be more powerful then they appear at first glance or possess tricks up their sleeves we still need to be wary. If there are no other questions we should enter the atmosphere in five minutes, landing in about two hours as we're going in controlled. Sensors should remain operative during the entire period, make yourselves useful and run some scans, we need to know as much possible about this world, if this doesn't go well we could be here awhile." Commander Engel left the room to go to the cockpit, the ships was not large enough to warrant a proper bridge, and commence landing checks and procedures.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:02 pm

Strauss waited for the LT to depart before starting toward the central table of the briefing room and tapping on the console, accessing the sensors array and utilizing it as requested. He began scanning the drop zone, then expanding his sweep gradually, targeting areas of interest around the drop zone as well as he aimed for a more global, detailed sensor sweep.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:17 pm

/Requiem\Unknown's Thermosphere\

As the ship approaches the planet's Mesopause, the sensors indicate a buildup of electromagnetic energy around the descending ship.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:32 pm

Leon noted this as odd, given that descending into an atmosphere doesn't normally constitute a reaction from the natural electromagnetic field surrounding the planet, not to that degree. He began downloading the sensor data to the datapad, as he attempted to contact the commander via the internal communications system.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:47 pm

/Requiem\Unknown's upper Mesophere\

As the attempt to contact goes through, the growing em-field suddenly pulses and the ship loses all but emergency power. The system compensates and main power is restored in less then a second; however the shield and cloak fail to come back online. The sensors detect a dissipation of the strange em-field but an increase in the energy levels of the the three nearest satellites followed by a very brief spike. "What in the? Does anyone have a clue what that was?" Commander Engel asks over the ship-wide comm.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:52 pm

"Stealth and shield systems are offline, ma'am, and... The satellites are powering up, they've detected us!" Leon yelled into the comm, as he finishes downloading as much of the new sensor data onto the pad as he can, while also grabbing his gear. This was going to be a hard drop, a very hard drop if his fears about those satellites are correct.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 3:59 pm

/Requiem\Unknown's Mesosphere\

"Wonderful."

The sensors then pick up three-small objects moving with very high velocities toward the ship. The rest of the squad begins to settle in for a hard landing as well, and begin to shout profanities.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:08 pm

"Also detecting... missiles? I can't ID them. They're on a collision course though." Leon reported, having grabbed his weapons, an assault rifle, a pistol sidearm, and a sniper rifle, but remaining standing and relaying data as necessary. "Commander, I suggest we land before we're shot out of the sky." Rather unceremoniously at that.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sir Noret Sun Jun 03, 2012 4:23 pm

/Requiem\Unknown's Mesosphere\

As he says that, the ship is impacted in the rear, and the engines are utterly destroyed. The ship begins to spiral and gain speed as it begins to start an uncontrolled descent, luckily at this moment the shields are restored so the ship will neither explode on impact or burn up.
Sir Noret
Sir Noret

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 22 of 40 Previous  1 ... 12 ... 21, 22, 23 ... 31 ... 40  Next