Chapter Two

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter two, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!



Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.


Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:34 am

Dominion Wolf wrote:Lae crouched, looking around at the streets below from atop a tower. He didnt see the target in the area, yet, but knew he was nearby. He put his hand up to his ear. "There wont be any witnesses. If they look even remotely like they may squeak, Ill take them down, too." He replied calmly. He thought to himself It'd be ideal if i could just pick him off with my bow from up here... but i dont think it's going to play out that way today...

He jumped off the side of the tower and grabbed a cable part way down, and swung himself to the rooftop of another building. He began sprinting towards a gap between buildings and jumped across. After a little more free running, he reached the first possible location and began scanning the people below.

The dark, hooded figure that was Lae was still unseen, but the area held no one but civilians. The target was not in sight at all here, but there were several more locations to go still, and the night was definitely young. "Report in when you have seen the target." A comm attendant added in, Rain probably in the background listening.
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:40 am

Quantum Rain wrote:
Dominion Wolf wrote:Lae crouched, looking around at the streets below from atop a tower. He didnt see the target in the area, yet, but knew he was nearby. He put his hand up to his ear. "There wont be any witnesses. If they look even remotely like they may squeak, Ill take them down, too." He replied calmly. He thought to himself It'd be ideal if i could just pick him off with my bow from up here... but i dont think it's going to play out that way today...

He jumped off the side of the tower and grabbed a cable part way down, and swung himself to the rooftop of another building. He began sprinting towards a gap between buildings and jumped across. After a little more free running, he reached the first possible location and began scanning the people below.

The dark, hooded figure that was Lae was still unseen, but the area held no one but civilians. The target was not in sight at all here, but there were several more locations to go still, and the night was definitely young. "Report in when you have seen the target." A comm attendant added in, Rain probably in the background listening.

Lae kept silent, he figured that they would know he heard them and focused on finding the target. He would jump across a few more rooftops and make his way to the next location. On the last jump, his foot skimmed the edge, and slid off. He quickly grabbed the edge with both hands. A loose shingle fell off, and he pulled himself up. He crept to the ledge and surveyed the area like he had before.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:44 am

This area showed no signs of the target either, but there was a noticeably larger concentration of soldiers about. For a frontier world of the Atrum Imperium, this was common place for the times. Still, no one noticed him, but one guard did notice the loose shingle and looked up, seeing nothing as Lae managed to escape his sight just in time. He shrugged and went back to his post.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:48 am

Quantum Rain wrote:This area showed no signs of the target either, but there was a noticeably larger concentration of soldiers about. For a frontier world of the Atrum Imperium, this was common place for the times. Still, no one noticed him, but one guard did notice the loose shingle and looked up, seeing nothing as Lae managed to escape his sight just in time. He shrugged and went back to his post.

Lae slowly walked around the building's rooftop. He began climbing a section of the building that rose higher than the rest of it, and used it as a vantage point to take a quick double-check because of the extra guards, and moved on to his next location, parkouring his way like before. He came to a split between two buildings that was significantly wider than the rest. He saw a small pipe running between the buildings, and slowly balanced his way across it. When he reached the other side, he looked over the edge, trying to find his target.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 9:59 am

This area was significantly more guarded than the previous, having almost twice as many soldiers but with significant civilian presence as well. A broader inspection would serve him to note that he was uncomfortably close to the military base that was a part of the city. Unfortunately, there was still no sign of the commander, but as he was about to leave, he noticed that the soldiers stood at attention as a man with a half dozen guard escort walked by, masked in with the civilians, it was difficult to see his face yet to confirm.

After a few minutes of following, though, Lae could make out enough of his face to confirm that it was definitely the commander. Still, it was going to be difficult to take down this commander.


--Communications Hub, Leviathan Class Heavy Capital Ship--

Rain was standing in the center of the hub, acting as a temporary commander for a series of stealth missions, as requested by Serien again. He was watching everything unfold through bird's eye thermal imaging of each agent on the field. At first he was distracted from noticing the officer that walked in. That is until he coughed and Rain turned to see the source. "...Yes?"
Officer "I have new orders for you sir."
Rain "..." He took the folder and read what was inside, at first stoically, then sighing out of frustration.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:03 am

Quantum Rain wrote:This area was significantly more guarded than the previous, having almost twice as many soldiers but with significant civilian presence as well. A broader inspection would serve him to note that he was uncomfortably close to the military base that was a part of the city. Unfortunately, there was still no sign of the commander, but as he was about to leave, he noticed that the soldiers stood at attention as a man with a half dozen guard escort walked by, masked in with the civilians, it was difficult to see his face yet to confirm.

After a few minutes of following, though, Lae could make out enough of his face to confirm that it was definitely the commander. Still, it was going to be difficult to take down this commander.


--Communications Hub, Leviathan Class Heavy Capital Ship--

Rain was standing in the center of the hub, acting as a temporary commander for a series of stealth missions, as requested by Serien again. He was watching everything unfold through bird's eye thermal imaging of each agent on the field. At first he was distracted from noticing the officer that walked in. That is until he coughed and Rain turned to see the source. "...Yes?"
Officer "I have new orders for you sir."
Rain "..." He took the folder and read what was inside, at first stoically, then sighing out of frustration.

"Target spotted." Lae whispered. He drew his bow and an arrow. He put the arrow on the string and pulled back. He aimed for the man. If I can get him at the right moment, I can get out of here before they even realize the arrow's in his chest... Lae thought to himself. He breathed slowly, keeping the arrow trained on him, watching all the other guards at the same time. Ive got to get him when the others arent looking...

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:10 am

The comm attendant returned his report. "Fang, your mission has been recalled. Return to the extraction site immediately. Copy?" Rain continued to watch the scene unfold, watching Lae's video feed with interest. He noted that he was about to fire at the target as well.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:11 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The comm attendant returned his report. "Fang, your mission has been recalled. Return to the extraction site immediately. Copy?" Rain continued to watch the scene unfold, watching Lae's video feed with interest. He noted that he was about to fire at the target as well.

There was a pause. He murmured back, "I've already got the bastard in my sights." He kept the arrow trained on his target. His breathing slowed down even more than before. He was nearly holding his breath, nearly at the point-of-no-return.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:14 am

"Fang, return to the extraction point asap! Disengage!" The attendant spoke even louder than before. Rain just shook his head in frustration again. "Fang, disengage and return to base. Now." He spoke into the comm this time, noting that he was seconds from firing now.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:17 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"Fang, return to the extraction point asap! Disengage!" The attendant spoke even louder than before. Rain just shook his head in frustration again. "Fang, disengage and return to base. Now." He spoke into the comm this time, noting that he was seconds from firing now.


Lae kept the target in his sights. "Why? I can shoot the bastard here and now! If he doesn't die now, we'll just have to come back later!" He didnt take the sights off of the man, he waited to see what he would do before he made the final decision to shoot.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:23 am

"HQ has given your orders, Fang." Rain said, calmer still as he continued to watch. If he can shoot the target, he'll save himself, but if he messes up, on top of disobeying direct orders... He thought.




The commander didn't give Lae a single chance to fire at him so far, that is until he turned to head for the military base, when everyone had their backs to him, and Lae had the high-ground. Unfortunately, there was still a dense civilian populace in the area.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:28 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"HQ has given your orders, Fang." Rain said, calmer still as he continued to watch. If he can shoot the target, he'll save himself, but if he messes up, on top of disobeying direct orders... He thought.




The commander didn't give Lae a single chance to fire at him so far, that is until he turned to head for the military base, when everyone had their backs to him, and Lae had the high-ground. Unfortunately, there was still a dense civilian populace in the area.


Lae saw the man turn for the base, not one person was facing him. He took a deep breath, and held it. He led the target a ways, then let the arrow go. He had aimed it perfectly, however, the string smacked against the side of his arm and sent the arrow wide. It flew off into the crowd. "...[censored]..." he swore in a strained whisper. He put the bow on his back, and sprinted around the plaza. He knew he had but a few moments' grace to recover and kill the target. If he could cut him off as he left the plaza, he could jump off the roof and land on him with a hidden blade. He didn't even bother to look at the crowd below, knowing they would spot him anyway. He was almost completely around to the opposite side of the plaza when he finally checked for the target's location and to see what exactly was going on.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:33 am

Rain sighed as he saw one of the heat signatures fall, and it was definitely not one of the targets. "Fang, sit-rep. Now." He ordered harshly, thoroughly frustrated with the kid yet again.




The guards scattered instantly from a civilian falling down with an arrow in his chest. They had their weapons out, odd staff like weapons with an energy blade at the top. The commander, however, took cover as well, still guarded by two of the escorts while the other four scanned the area.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:39 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Rain sighed as he saw one of the heat signatures fall, and it was definitely not one of the targets. "Fang, sit-rep. Now." He ordered harshly, thoroughly frustrated with the kid yet again.




The guards scattered instantly from a civilian falling down with an arrow in his chest. They had their weapons out, odd staff like weapons with an energy blade at the top. The commander, however, took cover as well, still guarded by two of the escorts while the other four scanned the area.


Lae didn't respond, he didn't have the breath, or the words, to say what had happened. He sprinted the rest of the way around the buildings' edges and found himself just a ways above and away from the target. He made sure to note the targets location, as well as his guards. He took a few steps back to the opposite side of the building, then sprinted at the edge and took a giant leap forward. He flew forward at a high speed and fell towards his target spot. He ejected his hidden blades, and sank one into his target and the other into one of his guards. He quickly got up, turned and threw a knife into the other escort's neck. He, then made a run for an opening in the crowd, and did his best to act like one of the many panicked civilians, hoping to blend in before they realize he had just rained death-from-above on the target and his escorts.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:43 am

The first of the escorts fell, as did the target, but as he ran, Lae would catch a glimpse that he was still moving. As for the third escort, he dodged, grabbing the knife and throwing it back, as the other escorts were alerted and chased after Lae as he ran. There were four in total, but they were soon joined by other soldiers as the chased continued.


"Fang. Sit-rep. NOW!" Rain yelled into the comm, thoroughly displeased with this turn of events. If they caught even one hair of his identity or affiliation, he would be disowned entirely by the Special Forces, and likely assassinated himself.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:48 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The first of the escorts fell, as did the target, but as he ran, Lae would catch a glimpse that he was still moving. As for the third escort, he dodged, grabbing the knife and throwing it back, as the other escorts were alerted and chased after Lae as he ran. There were four in total, but they were soon joined by other soldiers as the chased continued.


"Fang. Sit-rep. NOW!" Rain yelled into the comm, thoroughly displeased with this turn of events. If they caught even one hair of his identity or affiliation, he would be disowned entirely by the Special Forces, and likely assassinated himself.

Lae put his gauntlets up quickly to block the knife and just ran up and stabbed the man with his hidden blades multiple times. He took the weapon before he would fall down dead, turned back to the target, and emptied the weapon into him to make sure he was dead. Lae would then sprint for the crowds, hoping that the soldiers would not fire at him if it meant putting the civillians in danger. He still hadn't replied to Rain.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:53 am

"I'm going to kill him." Rain stated, sounding almost certain as he continued to watch.


The escorts and guards continued after him, firing away now as the civilians tried to get out of the way, but some weren't that lucky or fast enough. The escorts' weapons seemed especially deadly, as they fired beams that curved towards Lae, somewhat tracking him.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:56 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"I'm going to kill him." Rain stated, sounding almost certain as he continued to watch.


The escorts and guards continued after him, firing away now as the civilians tried to get out of the way, but some weren't that lucky or fast enough. The escorts' weapons seemed especially deadly, as they fired beams that curved towards Lae, somewhat tracking him.

"oh, [censored] you." Lae swore. He would begin to swerve side-to-side hoping to dodge the lasers while maintaining speed. Once he reached a proper turn, he took it. He ran left onto another street, and jumped onto the side of the building and began scaling it as fast as he could, hoping to dupe the soldiers chasing him just long enough to reach the top of the building. He focused only on climbing as fast as he could, putting one hand in front of the other, one foot in front of the other, and eventually reached the roof.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:00 am

The escorts were not tricked, unlike the guards who stopped to look. They took the same turn and fired on Lae, the guards scaling the walls in a similar fashion, not deigning to let the assassin go. The escorts were, by far, the smarter ones though, as they managed to leap all the way up to the roof using anti-grav boots by the looks of it, firing still at the runaway target, and yet able to keep pace.


"Find an extraction point and hide, and give me my sit-rep, now." Rain said more stern than ever.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:04 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The escorts were not tricked, unlike the guards who stopped to look. They took the same turn and fired on Lae, the guards scaling the walls in a similar fashion, not deigning to let the assassin go. The escorts were, by far, the smarter ones though, as they managed to leap all the way up to the roof using anti-grav boots by the looks of it, firing still at the runaway target, and yet able to keep pace.


"Find an extraction point and hide, and give me my sit-rep, now." Rain said more stern than ever.


All Rain would hear is a loud CRACK from the radio. Lae had just smacked it. To most it would probably just be an accident, but Rain knew exactly what it meant: Shut up, I'm busy!

Lae would quickly kick off the building and roll when he hit the ground. He sprinted down an alley way, and ran at a six foot fence. He jumped, grabbed the ledge, pulled himself up, and pushed off and flew forward all in one smooth motion. Once on the other side, he sprinted out into the street, broke open one of the windows of the shop he came out beside, and then ducked in the alley on the opposite side of the building. He would quickly, but quietly begin to scale a ladder on the side of the building, hoping the guards would go into the shop first, now that the alarms were going off inside.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:07 am

Once again, the guards were fooled, but the escorts, they were a different matter. They flew over to the shop's roof and then began to search using it as higher ground... and when Lae climbed up high enough, he was spotted, and the guards alerted again. The escorts jumped over towards him again, with the guards scaling the building again, chasing after him.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:10 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Once again, the guards were fooled, but the escorts, they were a different matter. They flew over to the shop's roof and then began to search using it as higher ground... and when Lae climbed up high enough, he was spotted, and the guards alerted again. The escorts jumped over towards him again, with the guards scaling the building again, chasing after him.

Lae ducked behind the ladder briefly after the first shots. He just got on the railing and leaped towards a lamp post, climbed on it, then jumped onto the front of the building, a blind spot for the escort's weapons. Lae waited for them, he knew the escorts would come for him. He put his feet up against the building. He had to dispose of the escorts, or there would be no way in hell he would get away from the soldiers.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:15 am

The escorts jumped, only two, and fired on Lae, while the other two traveled towards the edge and fired down at Lae. Either way, he was trapped, as the guards came closer and closer towards surrounding him.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:20 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The escorts jumped, only two, and fired on Lae, while the other two traveled towards the edge and fired down at Lae. Either way, he was trapped, as the guards came closer and closer towards surrounding him.

Lae jumped up at the escorts, he drew his short sword and ejected the hidden blade on his left arm. He impaled them both in the neck. He pulled the blade out, retracted it, and spun the sword, decapitating the escort. He spun and stabbed the man in the stomach, twisted the sword, and ripped it out. These would both be lethal blows if they landed. He picked up one of their weapons, leaned over the edge, and opened fired on the other two below.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:21 am

The two escorts moved in swift unison, rolling outside of Lae's reach and then slamming the blunt end of their staves on his back, catapulting him forward onto the roof as they turned to face their attacker. The other two escorts appeared on the other side, all equally spaced from each other. These were, by far, experts.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 21 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum