Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 35 of 40 Previous  1 ... 19 ... 34, 35, 36 ... 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 35 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 35 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 35 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:51 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Rain was not expecting such a reaction, despite his readiness to do so. He was sent aback and probably wouldn't have made it to catch Lae even if he wanted to. Luckily for Lae, he was caught in mid-air and whisked away to the neighboring building, carried by a familiar figure with snow white wings. "Sorry about that." Lara said as she put Lae back on his feet.

"What are you doing, Lara? He wanted to die clearly..." Rain said, floating just off the edge of the building. "Why waste our efforts on a hopeless cause such as him?" "Did you think the the same way when we met twelve years ago?!" She shot back bitterly. Rain didn't answer, merely stared at her with the same cold look he gave Lae. "..." He looks away and answers plainly. "Fine." And then flies off, disappearing into red horizon of the sun setting into the fiery landscape.

"...I swear, he can be such a pain sometimes." Lara sighs, shaking her head as she said so. "I'm really sorry about all of this."

He looks at Lara slightly annoyed. "you dont have to apologize..." He turns to where Rain flew off to. "When you're not the one being a senseless jackass." He sighed and sat down and just stared at the ground for a moment.

Xaldius: Why did you hold me back? You wanted him to die.

Lae: Because I didnt.

Xaldius: Dont lie to yourself. We both know that's a load of crap.

Lae: IM NOT LIKE YOU!

Xaldius: You dont have to be to want him dead.

"Thanks for saving me for... what? Second... third time?" Lae said as he looked back at Lara.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:03 pm

"It's the least I could do." She replied, smiling at him in that common, constant joyful appearance of hers. "He always gets so touchy when his friends are in danger. It isn't your fault, but still..." She walks towards the edge of the rooftop and looks upward, into the darkening sky. "... So, what will you do now?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:06 pm

"I dont know." Lae said matter-of-factly. "I didnt even make plans beyond getting to that hotel, I handt planned for my living long enough to make it that far." He was facing Lara, but seemed to be staring off into the distance. "What were you planning to do?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:11 pm

"Well, they're my friends too. I have no choice but to help them of course." She replied. "Even if I can't do anything in the end, that's what we're supposed to do, right?" She asked, curiously and somewhat less cheerful than before.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:14 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Well, they're my friends too. I have no choice but to help them of course." She replied. "Even if I can't do anything in the end, that's what we're supposed to do, right?" She asked, curiously and somewhat less cheerful than before.

Lae just stared blankly, seeming to contemplate what to do. He stood up and started walking twoard her. "You've kept me alive to this point." He looked at the buildings. "I at least owe it to you to help you any way I can... assuming General Suckass doesnt try to kill me some more."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:18 pm

"Oh he's not that mean... I hope." She says, contemplating what she just said. "... Okay, maybe just a bit." She admits, then just shrugs and smiles again. "So, I take it you don't know how to fly?" She holds out her hand much like Rain did earlier. "It's reaaally easy... then again, I'm talking to the person that swung into a wall, aren't I?" She says jokingly.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:21 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Oh he's not that mean... I hope." She says, contemplating what she just said. "... Okay, maybe just a bit." She admits, then just shrugs and smiles again. "So, I take it you don't know how to fly?" She holds out her hand much like Rain did earlier. "It's reaaally easy... then again, I'm talking to the person that swung into a wall, aren't I?" She says jokingly.

"You're also talking to the guy who woke up and mistoke you for his 'mommy'" Lae replied, joking along. "but... is it safe?... I had a hard time bringing myself to jump for it at the hotel, even with the thought of him killing me in my thought process..." He continued as he reluctlantly took hold of her hand.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:25 pm

"I don't know, why don't you tell me?" She said with a sly grin as Lae would finally notice that he wasn't standing on ground as he previously though, but rather he was several feet above the rooftop.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:27 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"I don't know, why don't you tell me?" She said with a sly grin as Lae would finally notice that he wasn't standing on ground as he previously though, but rather he was several feet above the rooftop.

He saw the sight below and his grip tightened and he tensed up. "holy [censored]..." He looked around in disbelief. He didnt let go, but he stepped forward and pushed his foot down as if to test the ground.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:44 pm

His feet still touched what seemed like solid ground but was still thin air as far as his senses and eyes told him. "Cool, isn't it?" She said, as they ascended higher and higher, and soon Lae was being tugged along, his body forced to turn horizontally and became seemingly weightless as they flew.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:45 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:His feet still touched what seemed like solid ground but was still thin air as far as his senses and eyes told him. "Cool, isn't it?" She said, as they ascended higher and higher, and soon Lae was being tugged along, his body forced to turn horizontally and became seemingly weightless as they flew.

Lae seemed mezmorized by the fact they were flying. "How are you doing this?" He said turning his head.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:54 pm

"Magic. It's actually common around here, I'm surprised you don't know." Lara replied gleefully, as she then turned her focus back to the city below, trying to find anyone or anything below that might be of any interest.

Rain flew, faster now that he didn't have to carry that weight or wait up on anyone. He had to focus. Reach out, sense the entire city if need be. There weren't many people left alive to cloud his senses after all, perhaps he could find what he was looking for. Despite his best efforts, though, he could sense nothing. Not even Lara or Lae, in fact, he could scarcely sense anything outside of his own body. "... So it's not that I can't sense anyone... it's that I'm being blocked... why didn't I notice this sooner?!" He yelled out to thin air, blaming himself for yet another failure. "... dammit..."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Jan 02, 2012 12:56 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Magic. It's actually common around here, I'm surprised you don't know." Lara replied gleefully, as she then turned her focus back to the city below, trying to find anyone or anything below that might be of any interest.

Rain flew, faster now that he didn't have to carry that weight or wait up on anyone. He had to focus. Reach out, sense the entire city if need be. There weren't many people left alive to cloud his senses after all, perhaps he could find what he was looking for. Despite his best efforts, though, he could sense nothing. Not even Lara or Lae, in fact, he could scarcely sense anything outside of his own body. "... So it's not that I can't sense anyone... it's that I'm being blocked... why didn't I notice this sooner?!" He yelled out to thin air, blaming himself for yet another failure. "... dammit..."

Lae simply kept silent, looking around as well. He looked at all the buildings and thought about what happened aboard the ship. "I... I didnt do this when I blacked out, did I?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:16 am

"No, you were with us when this happened." Lara explained. "In fact, they almost killed you, when the shuttle exploded." She looked back and smiled at him. "But we kept you safe."

Rain continued flying, now relying on enhanced sight and other senses than trying to feel for what it is he is looking for. "When I find you, I will tear you apart... whoever you are." Rain dived down into the city streets, cluttered with fiery wrecks of previously flying cars and signs of panic despite the quietness he observed from his elevated position in the skies. Now... come and get me.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:18 am

Quantum Rain wrote:"No, you were with us when this happened." Lara explained. "In fact, they almost killed you, when the shuttle exploded." She looked back and smiled at him. "But we kept you safe."

Rain continued flying, now relying on enhanced sight and other senses than trying to feel for what it is he is looking for. "When I find you, I will tear you apart... whoever you are." Rain dived down into the city streets, cluttered with fiery wrecks of previously flying cars and signs of panic despite the quietness he observed from his elevated position in the skies. Now... come and get me.

"I see." Lae replied. He looked turned his eyes back to their surroundings, looking for anything out of the ordinary. He spotted something in the distance, but couldnt completely make it out. He pointed at it and said, "You see that?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:45 am

--Anima Prime--
"It... it looks like someone else." Lara said, her eyes turning into that reminiscent of a falcon in appearance and function. "Oh thank Vires, it is!" She said ecstatically, as they flew even faster towards the unsuspecting survivor.

--Aves--

The vessel kept its course, its engines still firing, as it even broke apart under the fire. Still, the many different chunks of the ship were flying straight at the Spirit of Aves, and whatever substance they are made of is more than enough to blast past shields.

--Hiigara--

"Alright, then listen carefully, I've been fighting these Derelicts for far longer than you have. Firstly, ignore the drones, keep the fighters on them, but the ships are far more damaging than swarms ever will be. Secondly, focus on one group at a time with those damn missiles. Force them to defend themselves and leave them open to our attacks. Focus on one group at a time, the more that fall, the more stupid they get. I will do my best, but cooperation will be key in fighting these machines. Our numbers have to trump their power." Mercer replied back, as he kept the link open but muted on his end. "You know what to do."

The VI ships engaged the weakened Primitus, firing a rather massive barrage of missiles after them to try and force them to switch to a more defensive stance. As they did so, they brought the attention of the group, whom turned to face their adversaries.

The Primitus were still far more effective at point defenses than the missiles could be fired, still being swatted down like annoying flies, as the point defenses used adapt to their tougher shell. Furthermore, more and more drones kept replacing the ones lost, and then some even, thanks to the carriers.

As the ships engaged the Hiigarans, they devoted more and more power to their weapons, further increasing their rate of fire and damage, with some ships even going as far as ramming into the Hiigarans for added measure, their shields adapting to be like rams.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:07 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:--Anima Prime--
"It... it looks like someone else." Lara said, her eyes turning into that reminiscent of a falcon in appearance and function. "Oh thank Vires, it is!" She said ecstatically, as they flew even faster towards the unsuspecting survivor.

--Aves--

The vessel kept its course, its engines still firing, as it even broke apart under the fire. Still, the many different chunks of the ship were flying straight at the Spirit of Aves, and whatever substance they are made of is more than enough to blast past shields.

--Hiigara--

"Alright, then listen carefully, I've been fighting these Derelicts for far longer than you have. Firstly, ignore the drones, keep the fighters on them, but the ships are far more damaging than swarms ever will be. Secondly, focus on one group at a time with those damn missiles. Force them to defend themselves and leave them open to our attacks. Focus on one group at a time, the more that fall, the more stupid they get. I will do my best, but cooperation will be key in fighting these machines. Our numbers have to trump their power." Mercer replied back, as he kept the link open but muted on his end. "You know what to do."

The VI ships engaged the weakened Primitus, firing a rather massive barrage of missiles after them to try and force them to switch to a more defensive stance. As they did so, they brought the attention of the group, whom turned to face their adversaries.

The Primitus were still far more effective at point defenses than the missiles could be fired, still being swatted down like annoying flies, as the point defenses used adapt to their tougher shell. Furthermore, more and more drones kept replacing the ones lost, and then some even, thanks to the carriers.

As the ships engaged the Hiigarans, they devoted more and more power to their weapons, further increasing their rate of fire and damage, with some ships even going as far as ramming into the Hiigarans for added measure, their shields adapting to be like rams.

Lae held on still trying to see who the person was. "What do we do if that's one of them?"

Last edited by Dominion Wolf on Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:43 pm; edited 1 time in total

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:15 pm

--Aves--

Ironbeak: Ackbar, we won't survive getting hit by that!

Ackbar: It's our only chance--we can't get out of the way in time!

Ironbeak: What about a quick FTL jump? Just enough to get clear of the debris!

Ackbar: It'd be risky, General!

Ironbeak: I know, sir, but it's better than certain death up here! We have to take every possible death to keep this ship intact--it's the only one we possess!

Ackbar: Very well--all crew for emergency entry into FTL! Navigation, go, NOW!

*A rumble echoes through the Spirit of Aves as its FTL engine warms up. The bridge crew watches the Primitus wreckage approach apprehensively. Then, right before the slag can impact, the avian warship blasts into FTL.*

*A nanosecond later, it drops out again, several thousand kilometers distant. The avians at last a moment of relaxation--and Ackbar is the first to break the tension.*

Ackbar: Did you see that? Did you all see that?! We destroyed that thing! Ordinance gone, strikecraft all but obliterated, three decks compromised, and we destroyed it!! A Primitus ship, one of the most deadliest vessels in the galaxy, destroyed by us! It may not have been the only ship here, but they're not invincible! We can beat them! *He lets out a gleeful shriek, and the rest of the ship erupts into cheers. After the cheers die down, however, the Spirit receives a hail from Aves.*

Addrson: Spirit of Aves, what's happening up there?

*Ackbar explains the destruction of the Primitus ship.* Addrson: That's wonderful news, sir, but I wish the same could be said of the situation down here. Unknown ground forces are attacking locations, positions, and cities all across the planet.

Ironbeak: I have to get down there, Ackbar. The defense needs my help.

Ackbar: And we need repairs along with restocking of ordinance and strikecraft. Set course for Farruvian!

Ironbeak: Addrson, tell the junta they have my permission to deploy all forces they need for the defense.

Addrson: Roger. I'll see you two on the ground.

*The channel closes, and the Spirit of Aves begins its descent towards Farruvian.*

--Hiigara--

*The planet's defenders take heed of Mercer's advice and the storm of missile fire shifts to one single ship in the Primitus attackers. The Hiigaran Defense Fleet also focuses all its fire on the one ship, taking advantage of the opening created by the VID's arrival. The vessels being rammed attempt evasive action, while their fellows focus fire on the rams' engines to try and slow them down.*

Karan: Stay tight, everyone! The contingency plan is almost ready...
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:55 pm

--Anima Prime--

"Then we take him down nicely." She said, as they landed atop a building close enough and high enough to observe the survivor first. No discernable weapon, no unusual feelings from him mentally, aside from panic. Poor guy... She turned toward Lae. "Stay here and keep an eye out. Just think towards me if you see anything, alright?" She asks, not waiting for an answer as she jumps down to greet the survivor.

--Hiigara--

The first group was diverted more towards shielding and point defenses. While the missiles still could not impact, they were doing what they were tasked with at least. As the drones slowly ceased production from this group, the VI made it their priority to pick them apart, ship by ship, sending priority target information to their supporting Hiigaran fleet.

The other two groups, now free of missile swarms, start pushing harder against the Hiigarans, but such was expected. "Any Hiigaran outside the main target group should divert as much to defense as possible. Use compound shields to strengthen yourself if necessary, but keep moving."

The VID sends as much aid as possible in the form of its own drone squadrons being pumped out of the ships, flying in and swarming the Primitus drones and offering as much time as can be given.

As one ship is finally downed under extreme fire, yet more Primitus ships can be detected headed straight for the system, and this fleet was unusual. One of the signatures was far stronger than normal.

--Aves--

The instant the Spirit of Aves docks, the two Primitus ships decloak, the capital firing away at key targets and aiding their allies on the ground while the cruiser is slowly making its way into being able to target the Spirit itself. More assault pods and drones were being launched again as well, further reinforcing the enemy present on the surface.

Enemy land forces were collected and coordinated, this much could be said. Automated mechs working in tandem with information gathered from drones, while drones provided fire support for mechs. Large assault walkers, acting as the main command units for these groups, were tearing through cities, bombarding enemies and civilians alike, while launching a few of their own drones here and there to add to their current force. Unlike their space counterparts, however, these mechs seemed much more susceptible to enemy fire, save for the assault walker, whose massive shields and point defenses knock most attacks out of the sky. While being much weaker, they were not to be underestimated as the constant reinforcements ensure that battle will be costly.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jan 05, 2012 12:58 pm

"Then we take him down nicely." She said, as they landed atop a building close enough and high enough to observe the survivor first. No discernable weapon, no unusual feelings from him mentally, aside from panic. Poor guy... She turned toward Lae. "Stay here and keep an eye out. Just think towards me if you see anything, alright?" She asks, not waiting for an answer as she jumps down to greet the survivor.

--Hiigara--

The first group was diverted more towards shielding and point defenses. While the missiles still could not impact, they were doing what they were tasked with at least. As the drones slowly ceased production from this group, the VI made it their priority to pick them apart, ship by ship, sending priority target information to their supporting Hiigaran fleet.

The other two groups, now free of missile swarms, start pushing harder against the Hiigarans, but such was expected. "Any Hiigaran outside the main target group should divert as much to defense as possible. Use compound shields to strengthen yourself if necessary, but keep moving."

The VID sends as much aid as possible in the form of its own drone squadrons being pumped out of the ships, flying in and swarming the Primitus drones and offering as much time as can be given.

As one ship is finally downed under extreme fire, yet more Primitus ships can be detected headed straight for the system, and this fleet was unusual. One of the signatures was far stronger than normal.

--Aves--

The instant the Spirit of Aves docks, the two Primitus ships decloak, the capital firing away at key targets and aiding their allies on the ground while the cruiser is slowly making its way into being able to target the Spirit itself. More assault pods and drones were being launched again as well, further reinforcing the enemy present on the surface.

Enemy land forces were collected and coordinated, this much could be said. Automated mechs working in tandem with information gathered from drones, while drones provided fire support for mechs. Large assault walkers, acting as the main command units for these groups, were tearing through cities, bombarding enemies and civilians alike, while launching a few of their own drones here and there to add to their current force. Unlike their space counterparts, however, these mechs seemed much more susceptible to enemy fire, save for the assault walker, whose massive shields and point defenses knock most attacks out of the sky. While being much weaker, they were not to be underestimated as the constant reinforcements ensure that battle will be costly.

Lae sighed, and just looked up at the sky with his arms crossed.

Xaldius: Do you really think you can trust her?

Lae: No, but I take her word over yours.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Thu Jan 05, 2012 1:34 pm

--Aves--

Addrson: Ackbar, we've just detected the other two Primitus ships--and one is smashing a path through the city to your location!

Ackbar: Get the ordinance onboard and the strikecraft loaded ASAP! What about the other?

Addrson: It's in orbit, making our forces' lives on the ground a lot harder!

Ackbar: Noted. Ironbeak, get to your airship. I have a plan, but hurry!! Evacuate the city!

*By sheer luck, Farruvian has a surface-to-orbit triple energy turret in the area. In an unprecedented move, the weapon turns and begins firing at the Primitus cruiser. Several other defense weapons in the city divert their fire from invading Primitus ground forces towards the ship, though they are much less powerful than the turret.*

*Before the Primitus cruiser can get into range of the Spirit, the avian warship vanishes in an insanely risky atmospheric FTL jump. The warship reappears milliseconds later solidly in range of the battleship, its weapons already warmed up and firing at the behemoth immediately after exit. Its point defences once again attack the drones and pods, and gunships swarm forth from the ship to halt their descents.*

*Back in the city, right after the Spirit departs, a powerful beam weapon impacts against its shields...seemingly from nowhere. Gunships swarm around it, firing away, but their point of origin cannot be determined. The cruiser receives a hail as another beam blast smashes against its shields.*

Ironbeak: This is General Ironbeak to whoever is onboard that rock. You attacked my homeworld, killed untold numbers of my people, and now try to destroy our very way of life. Let me just tell you...that was your last mistake.

*An airship appears behind the Primitus cruiser, firing another beam blast and dozens of energy bolts, and then hides behind a now-deserted skyscraper complex before it can retaliate. While all this has happened, the orbital defense cannon and other weapons throughout the city continue firing away at the ship.*

*Elsewhere on the planet, the generals receive the green light to deploy all forces for the defense. Everywhere across Aves, the avians turn out in force to defend their home, now under siege from a menace of galactic proportions. With the ease of long practice and righteous fury against the Primitus, they battle away at the invaders. Dozens of airships have been rebuilt and upgraded after the calamity with the first Primitus ship, and these also contribute to the defence. Cities are evacuated and fortified to the teeth, ensuring maximum defensive capability. The avians' flying armored vehicles contend with the Primitus mechs, supported by the massive airships and their swarms of gunships.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:01 pm

--Anima Prime--

Lara approached the survivor, cautiously, with a gun in hand, but not raised. "Hey! You there!" She yelled, waving as the guy turned around, and then suddenly started sprinting in the other direction. Lae would notice that Lara didn't move, but unknown to him, Lara just put a barrier at the end of the alleyway. "Hey, don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you! I'm with the Special Forces and I just need to ask you a few questions." If he ran, he is clearly not an enemy. Not unless the enemy plans on disguising himself as otherwise. But his mental state says otherwise... Open like a sunset ocean. Panicky, disconcerted, agitated... Oh how rude, I am not a [censored]!

Unbeknownst to Lae's immediate senses, someone, or something, was creeping up to him from behind him. Giving off no sound, no shadow, not even a weird presence.

--Aves--

The Primitus Cruiser took the blows in stride, its shields fully restored apparently, as the armor underneath was slowly being repaired. It did not fire upon the airship, however, and instead charged up and fired off a circular beam weapon that literally cut down the skyscrapers in half, razing the city near instantly. Furthermore, it was no longer dropping assault pods or firing off drones, it seemed oddly passive for a warship invading a planet. With extremely powerful shields raised fully, it would be difficult to try and counteract the vessel, as the beam not only targeted skyscrapers, but the defense towers within the city as well.

With the Spirit of Aves moving away from the cruiser, it seemed to be considering what next to do. Meanwhile, the capital ship immediately disengaged and turned toward the Spirit of Aves, as if staring it in the face. Only half of the pods seemed to be downed by the point defenses this time, due to reinforced armor, and they also seemed to contain heavier payloads. Everything else was likely destroyed.

As far as the capital ship, it did not fire back yet, the Spirit's weaponry falling onto a superior shield that has also been fully restored and a more fully repaired capital ship. It seemed to be taunting Ackbar by just sitting there. It also seemed extremely odd that it was not retaliating yet.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:05 pm

Lara approached the survivor, cautiously, with a gun in hand, but not raised. "Hey! You there!" She yelled, waving as the guy turned around, and then suddenly started sprinting in the other direction. Lae would notice that Lara didn't move, but unknown to him, Lara just put a barrier at the end of the alleyway. "Hey, don't worry, I'm not here to hurt you! I'm with the Special Forces and I just need to ask you a few questions." If he ran, he is clearly not an enemy. Not unless the enemy plans on disguising himself as otherwise. But his mental state says otherwise... Open like a sunset ocean. Panicky, disconcerted, agitated... Oh how rude, I am not a [censored]!

Unbeknownst to Lae's immediate senses, someone, or something, was creeping up to him from behind him. Giving off no sound, no shadow, not even a weird presence.

--Aves--

The Primitus Cruiser took the blows in stride, its shields fully restored apparently, as the armor underneath was slowly being repaired. It did not fire upon the airship, however, and instead charged up and fired off a circular beam weapon that literally cut down the skyscrapers in half, razing the city near instantly. Furthermore, it was no longer dropping assault pods or firing off drones, it seemed oddly passive for a warship invading a planet. With extremely powerful shields raised fully, it would be difficult to try and counteract the vessel, as the beam not only targeted skyscrapers, but the defense towers within the city as well.

With the Spirit of Aves moving away from the cruiser, it seemed to be considering what next to do. Meanwhile, the capital ship immediately disengaged and turned toward the Spirit of Aves, as if staring it in the face. Only half of the pods seemed to be downed by the point defenses this time, due to reinforced armor, and they also seemed to contain heavier payloads. Everything else was likely destroyed.

As far as the capital ship, it did not fire back yet, the Spirit's weaponry falling onto a superior shield that has also been fully restored and a more fully repaired capital ship. It seemed to be taunting Ackbar by just sitting there. It also seemed extremely odd that it was not retaliating yet.

Lae would be oblivious to the presence creeping up on him. He would just continue to stare off. "How long is this going to take?" He started to picture what would have happened if the survivor had been bait for them.

Xaldius: My my, what do we have here?"

Lae: What?

Xaldius would not continue to converse beyond that statement.

Lae: Tch, [censored] [censored], always trying to [censored] with my head...

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:28 pm

--Hiigara--

*The Hiigarans keep up their efforts as best they can, but even with the VID's aid. It is simply not enough. Slowly but inexorably, they are pushed back until their backs are right against the planetary shield, where they stop and prepare to fight to the death.*

*Then, a bright beam of energy suddenly surges up from near the planet's south pole and engulfs a Primitus cruiser, overwhelming shields, armor, and regeneration and utterly destroying it. Seconds afterward, an enormous figure rises from the clouds of the atmosphere and the beam fires again, smashing into the carrier.*

Karan: Don't worry, fellas. Help is on the way. Hey, Primitus! Say hello to my little friend Sajuuk! Try picking on someone your own size, you [censored]. *The enormous warship begins charging up to fire on the carrier again, as drones pour forth from hidden bays all across its surface to attack Primitus drones and ships alike in droves. At the same time, the vessel advances toward the nearest section of the battle, its other weapons powering up.*

--Aves--

Ackbar: That's right, you bastard. Insects can sting. Move us between Aves and that vessel--let nothing more pass.

*Still keeping up a steady fire on the capital ship, the Spirit of Aves quickly positions itself between the planet and the attacker. The better angle allows its point defenses to shoot down more of the pods. The gunships also destroy the pods as they come.*

Ackbar: Fire the new torpedoes.

*The Spirit's broadside torpedo tubes launch several plasma torpedoes that, upon either impact or being shot down by point defenses, explode wide into a large cloud of plasma which proceeds to engulf the entire capital ship. Once the capital ship is sufficiently covered in the plasma, the Spirit fires several more conventional torpedoes that detonate remotely in the midst of the plasma cloud. The entire cloud explodes in a massive inferno, destroying any pods within its reach and engulfing the capital ship in a massive explosion nearly on the scale of a small nova.*

Ackbar: That's right, [censored]. Burn. Gunnery! Continue firing--that still wasn't enough to kill it.

*The Spirit's weapons, including its main heavy triple energy cannon, keep firing into the center of the explosion, triggering smaller ones around the capital ship.*

*Meanwhile, on the ground, Ironbeak's airship is left with no cover, but the eagle remains steadfast, firing away at the cruiser, as do the gunships and the surface-to-orbit cannon.*

Ironbeak: You featherless...razing the entire city...*The eagle is nearly speechless with rage.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:48 pm

--Anima--
The being leapt forth, grabbing Lae and tieing around him literally like
rope, binding his arms and legs at the same time. It was a black-skinned creature, or really, a thing, that he
couldn't tell, but it was slender, and moved quickly too, faster than even humanly possible. It didn't make any noise, or anything. It was like a snake, only worse...

--Hiigara--

The Primitus ships seemed to instantly react to Sajuuk's presence, as expected. Mercer takes this sudden development in stride, noting all of the sudden reactions to a weapon that's as powerful as they are. "...charge the main weapon. All Hiigaran ships, listen carefully. These Derelicts are acting strangely towards whatever weapon you've brought in. I don't know what it is exactly that you've brought in, but they're displaying a familiar pattern of caution, and whatever is coming is going to be equally as big of retaliation. Prepare yourselves and regroup. Don't bother with fighting the Primitus ships if they disappear, they'll just run far enough away..." The audio is suddenly cut again. "Get me a scan on their intelligence rating and how many ships are remaining. I want a full analysis asap." He ordered.

As he said this, all of the Primitus ships suddenly disappear, phasing and further cloaking away and moving at high speeds, as if predicting that Sajuuk could do the same. It was clear, they knew what that ship was, what it could do, what it meant. This battle became even more interesting.

"We have destroyed four cruisers and heavily damaged a carrier. Based on last known trajectories and known anomalies caused by Primitus phasing, we can venture that the enemy is massing into one large group, right at where the exit point is for the incoming enemy fleet." An officer said, loudly enough for it to be transmitted towards the Hiigaran command as well. "... Interesting... And what of the unknown signature?" "... We've confirmed it as the same ship from the Kurian incident that the 'Imperialists' reported." "Well now, aren't we lucky today... Karan S'Jet, I hope you got that. It's clear that we definitely have their undivided attention now."

--Aves--

The flames of the plasma didn't dissipate like normal, however, and started to spin rapidly, like a sphere. Faster and faster, as the flames jutted out and grew in intensity as the Spirit of Aves fired at its adversary. Something was definitely up, as energy readings started increasing at an unprecedented rate.

The cruiser seemed to ignore the airship, as suddenly, it phased out of view. Disappearing from Ironbeak's and the planetary gun's barrage. The assault units continued, pressing on against the Avian defenders.

While the main source of reinforcements was abruptly cut, one could tell that the Primitus forces were still growing. Furthermore, new units were being introduced. Large flying warships, far smaller than Primitus warships, but looked vaguely familiar to Avian airships in design. They flew rapidly towards their other counterpart, equally joined by groups of drones to support them.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down