Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

[solved]Haki Debate

3 posters

Go down

[solved]Haki Debate Empty [solved]Haki Debate

Post by NemesisQ Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:19 am

Not sure if this is a appropriate place to be discussing about Avalon, but anway here it goes:

In Avalon, Haki ( What monk character uses) is made up of mostly Ki, and some magic. The defintion of Ki is basically refer to as " Life Force", In Chinese defintion; Ki flows through every living being. Magic on the other hand, is an inexplicable force beyond logic, and is considered a "art" in manipulating aspects of reality with supernatural powers.

The term for magic isn't specific, as Qi, so the main queston is that how is Kain in Avalon, with this ability:

"•Soul Hunt
(A passive ability, Kain may feed off the excess energy produced by life forces, and regenerate himself. This ability cannot regenerate appendages, and thus has limitations, but is effective nonetheless.)" By QuantamRain.

Link:
https://gathering.rpg-board.net/t461-kain

Going to drain me in Qi or magic.

I created this thread because i always show up at the wrong time at the chat box, where most members are already offline, and i really need to decide whether Qi can be absorbed or not.

Plz reply.
NemesisQ
NemesisQ
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 209
Registration date : 2011-06-17

Back to top Go down

[solved]Haki Debate Empty Re: [solved]Haki Debate

Post by agentaaa Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:24 am

Magic and Qi, at least as far as I have seen, are considered seperate and distinct in energy. now, this is about as good a place as any to talk about such things, but once this is cleared up, I'm at the very least putting the thread in storage.
Now, magic is always been considered energy by me, same as how Ki is, but what Kain, specifically, is doing is draining the excess that you would emit anyway. It shouldn't drain you whatsoever.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 26, 2011 9:28 am

First off, this is a question that should be directed to me in a pm, not publicly, as the public is not required to be involved.

Secondly, every living thing has life energy, and Kain feeds off the excess of said energy of a being. This is a standard magic-based ability that Kain has learned through his training on his original homeworld, and was capable of carrying over into Avalon. In this case, Ki = Life energy =/= magic power =/= strength.

Thirdly, the characters affected wouldn't feel any form of weakening, as, again, this is the excess energy they give off, not their whole supply of such. It does not cut off your connection to your abilities, it does not weaken them, etc, etc.

Fourthly, magic isn't supposed to have an exact definition, it is because it defies logic that it works in this case. Qi is the same as life energy, but is not magic. It can still be affected by outside sources with the right ability, however.

So therefore, thus is my judgement on the matter. Qi can be absorbed like anything other 'energy'.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by NemesisQ Sun Jun 26, 2011 1:53 pm

okay, pm is on the list. thanks for the post quantum
NemesisQ