Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

World Description Template

2 posters

Go down

World Description Template Empty World Description Template

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:29 pm

Just like making characters, making worlds has a template to it too. What? You thought I was going to make them all? Of course not, I'm not that obsessive about control!

Let's start with an example right off the bat:

Name: Coruscant
Class: 1st Class
Atmosphere: Breathable
Climate: Temperate/Controlled
Terrain Type: City-world
Native Species: Human
Affiliation: None
Government: So many wars, it never stays the same.
Places of Interest:

• Jedi Temple
  • Senate Building
  • Imperial Palace
  • Monument Plaza

Confused yet? Good, you should be. Now I'm just going to walk over there and leave you to it... What? You want me to explain it? *Sigh* Fine, I'll walk you through the explanation of all that.

Name:
Simple, really, name your world, and best part, it doesn't even have to be a planet. Those giant spheres of rock and air are overrated!

Class:
Somewhat more tricky, as this rpg has its own class system for this stuff. First it starts with 1st Class, this being of most significance, and usually is something along the lines of a major population center or the sanctuary of some god. I'll be personally checking any world if they claim to be 1st Class, as there will be a specific set of objectives or rules it will need to meet, that of course I won't mention, because I like giving you guys the benefit of the doubt! Razz The class system goes all the way down to 5th Class, 5th being the most remote worlds and such. 2nd Class is defined as major resource or stronghold worlds, 3rd and 4th classes are in-between, a medium if you will.

Atmosphere:
Is it breathable? If you say no, then I hope that at least when I use the Stargate to get there, my head doesn't explode...

Climate:
Oh, you've got temperate, tropical, blistering hot, freezing cold, medium rare. Oh wait, that's for steaks...

Terrain Type:
City-worlds are, typically, worlds with nothing but buildings on it, a giant city. Other examples would be plains, Pangaea, archipelago-world, oceanic, gas, rocky, EVEN METAL. No, not heavy, screaming metal, sorry.

Native Species:
Your world shall be the home of the squid people. No, you can't change it. Nope. NO! NEVEEEEERRRRRR! ... Oh alright, fine, you can decide what race is native to your world...

Affiliation:
Simple and easy, but you have to note, there are only five factions here, just like the characters. You can't just bring your own faction in, however, you can list your government later. No, you can't explain what it is, just name it, thank you.
The affiliations are: Chaos, Anima, Exitius, Aeon, and None. Yes, there's a god named 'None', guess what he rules over? NOTHING!

Government: Name your government. NOT EXPLAIN, just name!

Places of Interest:
This is very important and MUST be listed. These are going to be common arena locations, essentially, and you get to choose where. Of course, you can fight anywhere, these are just good referencing/starting locations.

Alright, now, more to explain still, as usual. You should always use this EXACT template, the reason is so that when it gets cluttered with hundred of worlds, I can easily search what I need to know. It's a system, and should work.

Furthermore, you may explain your places of interest or other details about the planet, including a bio, which should be the next post after the description stuff, in proceeding posts OR in the first post of the topic, your choice. However, I still have to ask... DON'T GO POSTING A THREE PAGE ESSAY ABOUT YOUR GOVERNMENT, IT DOESN'T MATTER!

Thank you!
~Quantum Rain

P.S.
Almost forgot the code. You kinda need that, don't you?

Code:
Name:
Class:
Atmosphere:
Climate:
Terrain Type:
Native Species:
Affiliation:
Government:
Places of Interest:
[list]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[*]
[/list]

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

World Description Template Empty Re: World Description Template

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 07, 2011 10:03 am

Oh, one other note I should probably make.

Worlds from other universes either need a description of how they got there, or are a 'shadow world', which is essentially saying it is a copy from that other universe. Either will work, I'd prefer the 'shadow world' thing, but it is your guys' choice.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jan 07, 2011 3:56 pm

Awww, no 3 page essays...? But I like those...
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content