Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter Three

+6
Wynn
Django
Mr Countryside
darthme
Jediluigi
Sir Noret
10 posters

Page 19 of 25 Previous  1 ... 11 ... 18, 19, 20 ... 25  Next

Go down

Chapter Three - Page 19 Empty Chapter Three

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Sep 16, 2012 5:58 am

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter three, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!

~Jediluigi

--Yaga Minor--

“Unfortunately, they did not have one.” He stated, looking over the janitor’s shoulder to confirm his directions mentally. Now there was just the matter of blending in without magic…

--Unknown World--

Leon walked up cautiously toward the creature, pistol ready in his free hand as he kept himself aware of his surroundings. So it takes a shot to the head to kill them. He thought, as he used the opportunity provided by the creature to learn how to combat his potential enemy.

--Gothis Orbit--

The Hive Ship activates its telekinetic powers once more, managing to deflect the torpedoes utilizing similar abilities to the Rachni. The Collective fleet presses on still, taking light losses via the Thanix cannons by comparison to the Turians.

--Gothis Land--

Despite the Collective Troops hunkering in and luring the enemy to them, several were still dieing, while some managed to put up a fight.

--Charad--

The pilot looked at the kiwi incredulously, as if annoyed. She hands the drawing to the kiwi, as if emphasizing it.

--Konnsallann Station--

Cross was annoyed, at first, to the interruption, but then intrigued by the report she overheard. She remained silent, however, waiting to see if anyone would even remember her presence and what they would say in explanation.

--Bladnir--

(On hold until JL either gets Victoria II or managed to talk to me on Skype to discuss where to go from here.)
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter Three - Page 19 Empty Re: Chapter Three

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:08 am

Serien paused for a moment, as if confused. First by the sudden name change then the surprise that Daniel gave off. "... Well, Lae... Uhm. 'Daniel.' My job is to make sure this force runs smoothly. I give assignments and trust in my men to get them done satisfactory. I also trust in my men to learn from their mistakes, and if they do not, then my subordinate commanders are required to deal with such in a manner that keeps stability. So, unless you mess up horrendously as would make me laugh despite my grogginess, I am not the person you should fear reprimand from. I have far too much to do to spend too much time on individuals, even some as 'famous' as you, La-... Daniel." He replied, although he did seem a bit annoyed now that he was interrupted in the middle of his briefing, he also understood what Daniel meant. "Do you have any more questions before I resume?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:11 am

Daniel sensed Serien's irritation and shook his head. "No, sorry." He replied. "Continue." He replied, taking a glance slightly to the side and out the window behind the desk.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:14 am

"Alright. As I said before, your task is that of intelligence gathering and, if it comes to such, sabotage. Sovereignty Intelligence is seemingly incapable of penetrating the Imperium defenses on Thanatos, thus why it is our main focus. Each agent we send in will be separate and unknown to the next. Consider yourself alone the minute you step onto this planet." Serien continued his briefing, adding in further details to the circumstances surrounding Daniel's assignment.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:18 am

Daniel nodded. "At least I wont have to put up with Azazeli, or whatever the [censored] his name was." He stated matter-of-factually. He didn't seem excited about the mission, but he wasn't complaining about any part of it in particular.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:24 am

"Indeed. Your target, however, poses great risk. Your target, amongst the many that have already been taken by the other agents, is the Royal Palace itself. Needless to say, security will be very tight and the guards will be ever-present. To that end, we have a cover for you. I hope you don't mind playing the role of a Verusian Slave?" Serien asked with a sly grin on his face. "Slaves tend to go unnoticed or unnamed within the palace and offer the most secure route through security. However, you may find it difficult to enter restricted areas."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:26 am

Daniel made a very blatant shrug. "A slave?" He asked as if mocking him. "That's the best cover you could come up with? How is that any different than what I already am?" He joked. He obviously had no quarrel with it and was confident he could get the job done.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:30 am

Serien smiled at Daniel's remark and continued. "Unfortunately, we have little information for you to go on here. When you enter the palace grounds, you will be completely in the dark. Try to avoid blowing your cover, and if you do, eliminate any witnesses without bias. We can't afford the enemy to know of your presence, at all. Any potential threats, any witnesses to your deeds, anyone, civilian or military, that adds impossibility to your task needs to be dealt with." He said, with slight disgust with himself when he mentioned the world civilian in this statement. "All other information that we have is on that datapad. You have until tomorrow at o'nine hundred to learn its contents, where you will depart on a civilian trade ship headed for Thanatos. Do you have any questions?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:35 am

"Just one." Daniel replied. "I don't need much, because I don't plan on getting caught. However, I'd like to have at least one means of termination if I end up needing it." He was asking in a serious tone now, and he seemed somewhat concerned about being completely disarmed.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:36 am

"Hmm, I never planned for you to go in unarmed. Speak with Dr. Reeds on the subject. I have assigned him the task of arming our agents in this operation. I suspect he'd welcome the challenge you'd offer." Serien replied yawning again. "Is there anything else?"
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:42 am

Daniel shook his head. "That's all." He replied. He turned to walk out and stopped for a moment. "Actually, there is one other thing... you can do me a pair of favors." He said as he turned around to face Serien again. "Firstly, see if you can't tug a few strings and give Lara another day off. Honestly, I wouldn't exactly consider what happened today a vacation." He then paused for a moment. "And if Count [censored]-a-Lot has something to say, just tell him he can kick my [censored] when I get back from Thanatos." He then turned and walked out of the room without waiting for a reply.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:45 am

"Certainly. Oh and Daniel." Serien spoke up, with a sly grin on his face again. "If the store you passed by earlier finds out that you were the culprit of its broken window, do know that you're the one that will pay for the damages." He said as Daniel had just begun to walk out of the door.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Mon Mar 25, 2013 5:49 am

Daniel froze in the doorway when Serien mentioned the store window. He stood completely still for almost ten seconds before he quickly shut the door and really just got out of the awkward situation as quickly as he could.
"They really do see everything..." Daniel muttered as he got on the elevator.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Mon Mar 25, 2013 1:12 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Altakiril--

Ackbar: Very well. Where is the force to assemble to prepare for the mission? *He hesitates, and then forges ahead.* While we're at it, General, I need to ask you something else. The rest of your forces went to assist us at Triginta Petra, yes? Have you heard anything from them? A friend of mine--General Ironbeak--was deployed there initially, so my concern is personal as well as strategic.

General Cross shook his head, signifying that he had received no communications. "It is standard for Imperial forces to forgo contact unless the news is urgent or dire. Successes are assumed, failures are reported. It cuts down on the possibility of the enemy learning our encryption." He explained, and then turned back to the map. "We will gather here, first, and air lift to our destination, alongside the reinforcements. The enemy shouldn't suspect anything if done well enough."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Mon Mar 25, 2013 3:03 pm

--Altakiril--

*The hawk is not quite reassured, but concedes.* Ackbar: I see. I hope he's okay...I hope they're all okay. Alright, General, with your leave, I will go and assemble my troops for the mission. *He excuses himself from Cross and sends for the soldiers that the situation requires.* I know just the one to lead this mission.

*Shortly afterward, the team of avians arrives and assembles before him: half a dozen small- to medium-sized runners and an equal number of darters: small flyers able to zip quickly through the air and corner on a dime. They all wear sleek, high-tech infiltration armor and carry explosive charges attached to that armor. Bularr stands among them, and Ackbar gives his protege the most subtle of nods before beginning. He uses his armor's built-in projector to bring up a detailed hologram of the planet and starts speaking in Avian Common.*

Ackbar: Alright, Talon Squad, here's the deal. Things on this iceball are at a stalemate and you're being sent behind enemy lines to do some recon, sabotage, and weakening of their positions. You will operate jointly with a corresponding team from the Imperial Sovereignty on this venture, and I expect no less than your full cooperation with them. The enemy does not know we are here and they have no knowledge whatsoever of avian ground capabilities either. Use that to your advantage. Many of you are veterans from the South Pole Campaign, and that is why I picked you for this mission today. Lieutenant Bularr, you will lead Talon.

*Bularr nearly faints at being chosen to command the avian contingent. One of his comrades helps him stand until he regains his breath. Some of the others look put-off at having a comparatively green soldier in command, but Ackbar goes on.* Ackbar: I know many of you have combat records far longer than his, and you probably think yourself more fit to command Talon Squad on this mission, but Lt. Bularr has already shown himself to be quite the soldier. His squadron had one of the highest number of kills and fewest casualties of all wings at Nazario.

*That gets their attention, and they all look at the seemingly-flimsy lieutenant with new respect.* Talon Squad: It's no problem, sir. If you say he's in charge, then he's in charge.

*Ackbar grunts.* Ackbar: Good.

*Bularr recovers from the shock and steps forward a little shakily, his voice trembling.* Bularr: I...I'm--it would be my honor, sir. I'll make you proud, I promise.

Ackbar: Don't worry about me, son--just focus on finishing the mission and bringing everyone back alive.

Bularr: Yes, sir, I'll do my best. Where do we meet up with the Sovereign team?

Ackbar: I've programmed the location into your HUDs. Any further questions?

Talon Squad: No, sir.

Ackbar: Then you'd best be on your way. They're expecting you.

Bularr: Yes, sir!

*Ackbar grunts and nods.* Ackbar: Dismissed. May Aves be with you.

Bularr: You, too, sir. Talon Squad, with me! *He sets off across the base at a brisk pace on foot, closely followed by Talon. Ackbar watches them go until they are lost in the blizzard.* Ackbar: You'll need it more by far.

*They soon arrive at the rendezvous, and Bularr introduces himself to Cross, holding out his armored foot as is custom.* Bularr (Basic, fumbling): Uh, greetings, I'm, um, Lieutenant--is that how you say it?--Lieutenant Bularr of the GAU, in command of Talon Squad. And you are...?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Male Number of posts : 416
Registration date : 2011-07-08

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Mar 26, 2013 1:39 pm

--Altakiril--
Cross turned and greeted the Avian, at first slightly confused by the bird's accent. "I am General Nikolas Cross. Your ally in this mission." He replied in a much cleaner basic tongue than Bularr's speech. "I trust you've been informed of our task?" He asked, as his men loaded up into the gunship fleet on the landpads behind them. Four men of an unfamiliar armor configuration, when compared to the standard Imperial troops they had seen before, walked up to and stood guard near the general, waiting to speak.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:14 pm

--Altakiril, IS Command--

*Bularr nods, managing to cover his surprise.* Bularr: Yes, sir, General. They're sending their General on a mission like this? Risky. Talon Squad has been briefed and we're ready to go. Most of them are veterans of the campaign at Aves's southern pole during the civil war, so they've fought in weather like this before. We'll cooperate with you fully on this mission, General. The runners will ride with your men, of course, but our flyers can follow your gunships quite easily.
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Mar 26, 2013 3:30 pm

"It would be best if they rode with us as well. I don't want to give our strategy away to the enemy, nor do I want them to easily identify which gunship contains the strike-force, or is of most importance." Cross said, taking an gauntlet from one of the soldiers at his side and nodding. They walked off towards one of the gunships. "The less the enemy knows about our plans the better." Cross said, inspecting the gauntlet at first, then donning it onto his right arm. It activated and glowed brightly, as armor pieces "grew" out of the metal gauntlet and covered Cross's body, forming a suit of armor in mere seconds. Its color and design matched that of the soldiers seen earlier.

"I hope you understand?" Cross asked of Bularr as the suit completed its task, checking his newly forged power armor to ensure its functionality.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:41 pm

*Bularr and the other flyers look put-off at the prospect of not being able to fly, but they relent.* Bularr (shrugs): Very well, General, we're not thrilled at the idea, but we will defer. (to Talon Squad) Okay, everyone, I don't like it either, but we're hitching a ride on this one. Get aboard!

*Both runners and flyers reluctantly file aboard the aircraft that still have room in them and await takeoff.*
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Mar 26, 2013 4:51 pm

General Cross first walked up to the cockpit before boarding, speaking with the pilot for but a few momentary seconds, and then stepped on board. As soon as he did so, the craft took off, followed by several hundred others, of various design. Some were assault aircraft, meant to provide cover and support, others were more dropships, two being of heavier design and carrying armored vehicles.

"Here's what we know about the firebases. They're heavily defended with automated defenses, and the enemy is well entrenched behind its walls. Such won't prove to be an obstacle to us, but the AI-controlled guardians will. To that end, my men on the front lines will engage the enemy and provide as much of a distraction as they can. We will split into two groups to cover as many targets as possible. Aim for vital locations, such as the comm array, computer core, ammunition supplies, garages, reactors, anything that is explosive or appears to be vital to the enemy, blow it up. The more damage we cause before we're caught, the better off we'll be. Once the enemy learns of our presence, we'll engage them, using their own entrenchments against them. On the ground, feel free to use any advantage you have, but stealth is of our main concern here until we're caught." Cross yelled past the wind turbulence and the roar of the engines through the radio set installed into his helmet.

"If we're good at this, the enemy will be caught completely off-guard, and will be outmaneuvered to boot, and when they have fallen, your Admiral can air-drop Avian reinforcements to deal with the other firebases. We'll continue forward to their main base, however, to scout them out. Is everyone clear on the task at hand?" He finished, awaiting affirmation of his plan.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Fore Admiral Disayle Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:37 am

*A darter pipes up.* Darter: What about the enemy fleet? Once we have secured the advantage, should we not destroy it--or force a surrender--so they can't retreat?
Fore Admiral Disayle
Fore Admiral Disayle
Soldier
Soldier

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:32 am

--Altakiril--

"The AI fleet isn't quite our focus. They know they're outnumbered, and we can intersect them when or if it comes to that. The captains of the fleet are aware of this and are under orders to pursue if they have this advantage. That being said, it is odd that the enemy would forsake orbital superiority in favor of entrenchment in enemy territory... They're thinking of something, and their fleet is protecting their base. Our job at this moment is to learn what they're protecting." Cross replied to the Avian. "We'll leave the fleet command to those who have a better view of it at this time. It will also act as a reliable trump card if it comes to that."

--The Castle that Never Was--

Xirce woke up, staring at the ceiling. No thoughts came to mind, no curiosities or memories of any dreams. His mind was blank as he slid off the bed. As he walked over to the door, an odd thought occurred to him. He wondered what the next assignment would be.

Walking into the Grey Area, he was met with a largely vacant room, containing only three primary members, Vexen, Demyx, and Saix, alongside a handful of secondary members to which he did not remember their names. He found it odd that they were relaxing rather than shuffling around to their assignments. Perhaps this was one of those, how did Axel put it, "slow days?" He thought. Then again, Demyx was the sort to always imagine each day as a vacation...
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:37 am

Xyphus was sitting against a wall, just staring blankly as he often does. He spotted Xirce walk in, and he stared for a moment, then said.
"What was it people called it?" He said plainly. "'boredom?'"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:46 am

Xirce looked over at Xyphus when he spoke. "I think so. So, what do you think we'll be doing today?" He asked, but before Xyphus could answer, a third voice cut in. "Much of the same as your previous expedition." Vexen spoke to the other two in an equally plain manner. "We have been waiting for you to arrive. Perhaps you should requisition an alarm, number thirty-six." He said, imitating annoyance that he had to wait on a minor member. "My apologies, sir." He said, making no excuses whatsoever. Vexen seemed to study Xirce for a moment before turning around and walking off. "... I believe the proper term for him is grumpy." Xirce commented in a quiet tone as to not be overheard.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Wed Mar 27, 2013 10:57 am

Xyphus shrugged, still not really having any kind of opinion or feeling on the situation. He drew his scimitar and iai blade and looked them over for a moment and resheathed them.
"How many?" He inquired dryly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Mar 27, 2013 11:10 am

"That is part of our objectives. It would be safe to assume the worst." Vexen replied, walking up to Saix. Two others that were amongst the sparse group present emerged from their relaxed positions and joined Vexen, apparently a part of the same assignment. "I will explain your role in the task once we have arrived at our destination."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down