Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

4 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 3 Empty Chapter One

Post by agentaaa Sun Sep 02, 2012 9:15 pm

First topic message reminder :

The beautiful land of Iridia has a wealth of races and incredible beauty about it - and, of course, war beginning amongst the various factions that have now appeared - some time ago, several people appeared amongst this land, with heavensent powers and a natural ability to lead, that brought about several empires of their own. The goblin tribes formed under one banner to produce the nation of Gha^zhakh, the slaves of the Golden Horde threw off their shackles and formed the advanced kingdom of dragon-fall, and the Gal'gai of Alsland have allied with the Giants of Jotunsøy. these empires appear to be gathering forces, and what this will result in, no one can tell...
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 3 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by darthme Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:38 pm

(Well..Ok)

"Well then..I guess it's not magic then." Says the lead knight. "I am Kavinn Norrmarsson, and we are knights dispatched here by our king, Viljelm Ragnarsson, to keep watch for any explorers, as we have heard that the Goblin tribes have united."
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Male Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Sep 04, 2012 12:42 pm

Antonio: Its true but they are ruled by what seems to be a normal human but this I do not know. Our kingdom is interested in learning about new nations and peoples we meet as we explore. We are sent by our king to trade our good and see what we can learn. So if you wish to know anything about our kingdom i can tell you all I know.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Sep 04, 2012 3:44 pm

"Orcs? Daring to invade my kingdom!" Fas practically roared. It was the first time Gitilla had ever seen Fas angry about anything since... well, ever. Of course, given Fas had freed them from subjugation amongst the orcs, it was no surprise. Goblins didn't exactly treat their slaves the best, but the orcs were known for occasionally eating live goblin whole whenever they got peckish, expected them to do all the work, and tended to use them as living shields. when the Orcs had obtained Giants, it became even worse, as goblins became the giant's main food source. If that had kept up, goblins might have been driven to extinction. the only saving factor was the fact that goblins grew rather than were conceived, and that battle, even with orcs, increased the fertility rate. Eventually, thanks to Fas's leadership and, later, Skarsnik's aid, the goblins finally overthrew and made extinct their orc masters - that was what was thought, anyways...
"Gitilla, go under my blessing, and summon an army from the nearby countryside. we'll take a third of the capital garrison as well - however, the snotlings and trolls are exceptions. The Trolls have yet to be tamed properly enough, and the snotlings are still too stupid to be able to consider orcs as an enemy... We'll leave the squigs for now, as well." Fas said, suddenly thoughtful. "and make sure to get some chariots. We don't have trolls with us, so we'll need something besides spear Chukka's that's capable of punching a hole in the enemy lines." Fas said, already standing up as he said this.
"Who'll be leading the army, sir?" Gitilla asked.
"I will." Fas said, causing a gasp to come from even some of his own stoic bodyguards.
"B... but it's been decades since-"
"You have your orders, hunter."
"...Yes, my king." Gitilla said, relenting after a moment of eye contact with Fas. sprinting off, he went to gain troops.
"I'm not satisfied with just defending my lands against these orcs, I want them exterminated." Fas said, seemingly to himself, before continuing to say "summon a messenger."
Soon, a skinny goblin came in, wearing some small goblin runes on his tunic meaning "letter-keeper". "ya need me, boss?"
"Give this to Skarsnik. it's all the information we gained on the orc movements. Tell him that defense of the kingdom is up to him, and that border patrols need to be heavily intensified." Fas told the messenger, before sending him away. "And tell him to intensify the guard on Karaz-A-Karak."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Sep 04, 2012 5:15 pm

The next two days in Dragon-Fall passed quickly the army was rallied at Tirith Rhwir The Dwarves were lead by Arkin and William led the Human part of the army. The reached the Urat mountains and were met in the field by a force of Orcs and troll men about 5000 strong. This entire force was wiped out in under an hour they attempted no use of tactic and just charged strait at the lines most were cut down by gun fire before they could reach the line. And those that did found them selves impaled upon pikes or Halberds.

The Dwarven Army arrived at the entrance to the old dwarf city of Tir Under Gram. The Orcs closed the gates but they rolled up a Monster bombard and with a crack that could have surely been heard by the goblins fired a massive shot that splintered the stone gates. The Dwarven army then charged under ground and began the work of clearing the tunnels.

William Lead his army over the mountains through the wide pass and emerged soon in the Coldfells were he made camp for the night,

-----

The 1st hall

The Dwarven army fought its way through a shaky orc defense at the gates man had been killed when the massive bombard has shattered the doors. when the crossed over a narrow bridge and wound up in the open expanse of the first hall they were attacked. From tall stair cases leading to the next set of halls the Orcs rained down arrows and Troll men and Orc heavy infantry charged the line. Arkin charged forward with the Iron Guard and as he charged he yelled "Baruk Khazâd! Khazâd ai-mênu!" The other Dwarves echoed him as the lines clashed with a might upward swing of his sword Arkin disemboweled a Troll Man. With a powerful thrust he ran an Orc through.

As the line Solidified the Dwarven crossbow men and Arquebusiers opened fire on the Orc perched on the high flights of the stair cases. The Orcs began falling from above into their own lies as the sheer around of fire kept the others pinned. The melee did not go well for the Orcs and their Troll men allies for ever dwarf the managed to kill they lost ten of their number and soon their were forced up the stairs the melee raged for over an our until the Orcish forces broke and routed.

The Dwarves tended to their wounded and made a camp in the Second hall. at the top of the high set of stair cases the had just captured. Arkin's plan was to charge through the First second and third halls then cut through to the twenty first hall to emerge closest to grams foot. As the rest of the Dwarves rested sappers went out and collapsed the halls leading to the 4th 16th and 9th hall. Loud thump of kegs of black powder and the sound of crumbling stone indicated they had been successful. After only a few hours rest and a good meal the Dwarves passed on fighting their way through a small skirmish in the third hall. They hit a snag at the Fourth hall the bridge leading across the great mining pits to the twenty first hall had been collapsed by the orcs keaving them with only two options build a new bridge witch could take days or risk cutting through the 18th hall.

the 18th hall was the place the orc assaults that had driven the Dwarves out of these mines in the first place had happened. It was were Rothar Iron hand had been killed and were the Orc chieftains had resided since. When King Adrian's armies had invaded the old Dwarven halls to purge them the largest fight happened in the 18th hall thousands had died and Adrian himself had been wounded by the Orc chief Azog. It had become known as the hall of tears. But the Dwarves did not fear what may happen knowing it was their duty to press on the marched int the 18th hall.

In a great mansion at the back of the 18th hall the Orc chief resided. He barked taunts at the Dwarves as they were assailed by his men. The 18th hall had been a Dwarven residential area and the Dwarves had to clear house by house as the fought in the streets ever heading uphill the Orcs peppered them with arrows from the roof tops and clogged the streets with the best orc warriors but the Dwarves were able to gain ground in an impressive flanking maneuver overlooking the 18th hall was a massive balcony in front of a great under ground park. The Orcs had left it unguarded and were now being shot at in the flanks from above. Thousands of bolts and shots flew from above down into the orcish ranks and they were thrown into disarray. As the stepped onto the porch of the Dwarven mansion the orc chieftain called home a group of troll men With long Halberds encircled him. Providing a defensive screen. But with a crackle of gunshots they all fell dead leaving the orc chieftain alone he wore Dwarvish armor and carried a Dwarven axe made of Mithril. His axe Was Zirak-Zigil the axe that had been taken from king Rothar. Arkin stepped forward and roared a challenge at the orc chieftain.

Arkin: Come usurper face me in battle so that i can add your name to the list of Orcs I've slain today!

Cheiftan: HAHAHAHAHA you Dwarves were driven from these halls but you are in my kingdom now you may have beaten my forces but above waiting for you are thousands of Orcs! You will all die and the age of the orc shall rise! and with a WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAGH! the orc charged at Arkin

Their blades crossed and a pitched duel began the orc attacked fiercely but without disciple Arkin parried or dodged his every blow. He attacked and attacked until he began to wear down Arkin's stamina was impressive and his reflexes near instant as he parried the orc blows and when the orc chieftain wore down Arkin Stuck. With a massive punch from his right hand he sent the orc stumbling backward he followed up with a swing that cut deep across the Orc's chest sending black blood spattering every were and the orc chieftain screamed in pain. With a spinning kick Arkin send the crashing to the ground and with a downward thrust of his Zweihander he stabbed the orc through his chest. and with a yelp the Orc twitched and then lie still. Arkin drew up his sword and held it over his head and his men cheered.

Dwarves: ARKIN! ARKIN! ARKIN! ARKIN!

Arkin picked up Zirak-Zigil and replaced his Zweihander with it.

Arkin: May Zirak-Zigil Cleave Orcs once more!

The Dwarven soldiers erupted in cheer again. The Dwarves looted the mansion of the Orc chief they found plunder and Dwarven Artifacts including the hammer of Adrian II who had also died in the orcish assault on the Dwarven mines. Arkin decided to give it as a gift to the king the Dwarves loaded up the rest and sent it top side were it was received by Jasper and his men who took it to the Vaults of Crowhaven for safe keeping.

The Dwarf troops rested and by night fall emerged near the Steps of Gram. All in all they had lost 6000 men out of the 35000 that had entered the halls while they had killed an estimated 60000 Orcs. A great victory for the Dwarves of Dragon-Fall.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Sep 04, 2012 7:35 pm

Fas heard a crash, the dwarven cannon cracking the gates nearby. "hurry, we can't let them have all the fun." Fas said, grinning.

Tirith Rhaw was a buzz of activity as the orcs armed for battle. They'd heard the cannon, too, and were feverishly scrambling for arms and armor, ready to regroup their orcish brethren, who naturally, to their eyes at least, must be winning despite, and crush the dwarves together, before hearing a small tap on their fortress door.
"Who's der?" One of the ones near the door asked.
they only got another loud tapping on the door.
"I Said who's der?"
another loud tapping on the door finally incited them to rage.
"I'm gunna kill ya if ya don't tell me who's ya are this instant."
Another tap was the only response the angered orc recieved.
"Bolg, marph, Grishnack, at the door!" He yelled, as all in all eight orcs scrambled towards the door, some merely wishing a chance at the action when the unlucky trespasser was found.
Opening the door, a goblin in a black robe sat with a smirking expression. "Bye-bye!" The goblin said, as the orcs, only momentarily brought out of their rage, charged towards him.

They never even got close, as several large bolts were fired from the nearby spear Chukka's, skewering several from each side. the goblin himself drew a spear, as a horde of goblins ran upwards to the door, orcs scrambling down the stairs in order to quickly shut the door. A few goblins had already come up with the little night goblin, however, coming away from the sides of the door to stand in front of and entrench the entrance with spears, scimitars, and shortbows.

Soon, the invasion spread quickly inside, hordes of goblins swarming over the orcs. Some attempted to form a shield wall against the invading swordsmen, poking out with spears, but more often than not the orcs missed their small, fast targets, as the goblins used the weight of their sheer numbers to literally run over the shield wall and kill the orcs behind, before punctuated arrow fire aided their efforts further, from behind. Soon, it was all the orcs could do just to hold a line rather than have their soldiers run in panic. Many fleed the outer defenses to the countryside, only to quickly and methodically be run down by scores of wolf riders, allowing no survivors.
The troll men attempted support with mace and bow, and were marginally more effective, at least against single targets, but the sheer numbers of the goblin forces quickly brought them down, as many trollman bodies disappeared in a sea of little green warriors. Finally, the watchtower itself was pierced to the top, Fas leading the charge upwards.
Inside, Fas found a large group of Orcs and troll-men waiting for them, along with a troll-man larger than most trolls Fas had ever seen. It was directing it's forces using simple hand-gestures, and it became quite apparent to Fas what he had to do.

Diving forward with his scimitar, sidestepping and decapitating an orc that attacked him along the way, Fas charged the troll-man, before quickly jumping and rolling past a strike of a warhammer from the troll-man. Slicing the troll-man's legs, he quickly jumped back to dodge the second strike. This battle went on for some time, the troll-man's regeneration almost being able to keep up with Fas, who struck and withdrew quickly as a cobra. Nonetheless, the battle eventually began to tax Fas's reserves of strength, so he decided that, instead of fighting as a warrior, this required a more arcane touch, as he concentrated on the powers of Gork and Mork.

Just as the Troll-man readied his warhammer for another hit, Fas opened his eyes, green energy shooting out, popping and fizzling into small explosions hitting his foe in a dozen directions, hurting and stunning him. Taking this advantage, Fas charges forward before leaping upwards, and slashing the troll's throat. He isn't done with merely this blow, however, and kicks off of the Troll's body as he comes down, before grabbing and throwing a knife as he lands, aimed at and successfully hitting the troll dead in the chest. Charging forth once more, Fas slices 5 times at the troll-man's gut using his scimitar shortly after, finally killing the beast.

Soon, the tide in the top floor of the tower began to turn, the orcs and troll-men demoralized by the deaths of their leader, and the entire outpost soon found itself killed. The goblins gave no quarter - Any orc or troll-man they found soon met a swift end. It was only a matter of time before the goblins' enemies were finally destroyed, and the fortifications theirs.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Tue Sep 04, 2012 9:10 pm

The next morning Williams Army marched on Tol Ascaren while the Dwarves headed to Lugzag to break the last Strong Point before the city of Gram. Williams army is met in the fields out side Tol Ascaren by a large force of Uruks, Orcs and Troll men. They were formed in ranks with pike men in front with archers behind them and infantry in the far back. They stood with their backs to the bridge. On their flank far in the distance to the right Tirith Rhaw could be seen to their left there was nothing but a few scattered trees and boulders.

Williams army stands on a hill covered in scattered trees he observe the enemy position from his vantage point.

William: 70,000 of them I'd estimate. Mostly Orcs lightly armored, heavy Uruk pikemen and Troll Men archers. They have a good position, Jesse take your cavalry and ride back up the hill cut through the forest and come out on their flank. Arquebusiers to the front!

The Arquebusiers step forward and form ranks. They open fire rank by rank firing constantly raking the Orcs ranks with fire finally the Orcs charge. The Arquebusiers run back being the line and the halberdiers behind them lower their weapons in a wall of spears. The Orcs hit the line and the melee ensued the halberdiers struggled against the tide of Orcs soon the lines broke open a bit and Zweihander armed troops rushed in to full the gaps hewing Orcs and troll men alike. The Uruks and troll men fought well being skilled with their weapons a group of Uruk berserkers managed to cut their way through to the king his body guard leaped into action fighting back most of the berserkers but more and more Orc and troll men came charging through the gap in the lines. One of the Orcs threw a javelin that killed Williams horse as he tumbled to the ground he rolled and stood back up Zweihander in hand.

William: "Rally to me men!"

William cut a swathe through the Orcs that came after him and beat back several Uruks his guards pushed back along with their king and began to stop the breach in the line. Then a Uruk berserkers taller than even William charged forward it threw his guard aside and Orcs swarmed over them though more men arrived to keep them from over running the entire rank.

The Uruk Swing its massive sword and William parried the blow the Uruk attacked with great ferocity the two dueled for a long time the Uruk managed to land a blow on William but it skidded off his armored breast plate and he simply stumbled back. William decided to go on the offensive his attacks were like lightning the Uruk was almost to slow to repel them then the Uruk made a fatal error he broke his guard to try for a overhanded cut William dodged out of the way and with a great diagonal slash cleaved a deep gash along the Uruks chest. He recoiled howling in pain but he attempted another slash. but he had gone wild and blood drunk William dodged again and pun around and with a thrust behind this back as he turned and impaled the Uruk dead center of his chest the Uruk collapsed down on in knees and William turned as he did so he swung ad decapitated the Uruk War leader. The The Dragon-Fall cavalry arrived smashing into the flanks of the Uruks trampling over them and cutting them down the Dragon-Fall troops renewed their assault and the Orc Uruk and Troll men army was routed. and they were cut down by Dragon-falls army as they fled none of them survived.

At the end of the day William lost 7000 men but the Uruks orc and Troll men had been utterly decimated they took the fortress and by nightfall their banner fluttered in the wind above.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:24 am

"Will we meet with the dragon-fall's kingship?" Gha^rung^so asked Fas. He'd come along with the young king to the battle, though he stayed in the back of the lines as he did so. while an excellent warrior, Gha^rung^so was getting older, and due to his illness, his abilities were unreliable - to say the least.
"No. They let their mess into my kingdom. They also didn't do a good job of cleaning it up, either. I'll meet their leaders soon, but for now I wouldn't be composed enough." Fas said, visibly angered still. There was little that would get the calm and thoughtful king's blood boiling, but orcish attacks were definitely one of them. Gha^ring^so hadn't seen him like this since... well, when he was still teaching him the ways of the scimitar and the little Waaaagh!, back when he was younger. Of course, back then the orcs were still numerous and bloodthirsty as ever - enough to put this lot to shame - so it's no surprise Fas had reverted to this persona....
"very well. I'll see to it they set off immediately." Gha^ring^so told Fas. stirring his own wolf to move, he quickly moved along the lines. "No time for eating! Saddle up you lazy dogs!"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Sep 06, 2012 8:33 am

The next morning the Orcs send a band of Troll men Trolls and Uruks into the goblin slave camp of Grothum. It is a complete slaughter not a single of the defenseless goblin slaves escapes they take their heads place them on pikes in the goblins armies path to Gramsfoot.

Mean while the Dwarves blast there way into Lugzag and kill the orc task master there they leave a small garrison and deploy to besiege Gramsfoot. The Orcs walls are build from sheer black stone their city rests upon a deep hill with several more half ring walls leading up to the keep at the top of the pass into the lands far above. Upon the battlements the Orcs have placed ballistias and trebuchets. The walls are lined with archers and the Orcs Uruks and troll men roar challenges at the Dwarven forces. then the Dwarves roll up their cannons lighter pieces that were small enough to haul through the mines to be set up in the field with a loud series of cracks like thunder the Dwarves begin their bombardment. The Orcs fire back but their ballistias and trebuchets are out ranged by the cannons

A small guard is also left at Tol Ascaren Hammer shots army crosses the river via the village of Hoarwell a small hobbit village under the slavery of the Orcs they liberate it from the orc taskmasters and send the hobbits to seek shelter at Tol Ascaren. William army arrived at Gramsfoot around dusk and their cannons joined in the bombardment the constant crescendo of cannon shots rang out thorough the night.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:05 am

After seeing the goblin heads on their way home, the goblins made an abrupt detour towards the orc's last stronghold, arriving sometime later in the fight...

"Gitilla, inform their men that we've arrived." Fas informs him curtly, before focusing on the fight at hand.
"Since when 'm I an errand boy..." Gitilla grumbled, but nonetheless sped his wolf in the allied armies direction.
"Sir, the squig divisions have arrived. no riders, but a few herds. We've also finished assembling the rock lobbers." One of Fas's aides informed him. He'd made sure all of them spoke clearly with every word, so as not to have problems with misunderstandings.
"So I now have squigs and lobbers... hmmm..." Fas said, getting a sudden idea. "I have an idea... lead one of the squig herds up near the frontlines"
The goblin army set up camp outside the orcish base quite quickly, mantlets improvised from the trees being used to provide cover for the spear chukka's being set up. though they did not outrange the orcish war machines as the dwarven cannon did, they made up for it with numbers and speed, as orcish engineers, more often than not, were either ducking or dead when attempting to fire their machines. Fierce rock lobba's supported the assault, breaking and denting small bits of the rock. Still, it looked like without a distraction, the goblins still might have a bit of trouble making any dent.
Then, just a little too late, one of the Orcs noted a strange pink rock loaded into one of the rock Lobba's instead of their regular payload. Soon after, that orc found itself knocked off the fortification by something with eyes, legs, and altogether too large teeth. Of the thirty squigs shot off by the rock lobba's, only twelve actually survived, usually by landing on a hapless orc victim, but those that did proceeded to make chaos in the ranks of the siege personnel, not expecting to be attacked within their own lines - much less by strange creatures they'd never seen before, and that could take off an entire army with one ferocious bite.
"Where's yer leader. I was sent to say hi, ya might say." Gitilla said with a grin to the first troops he came across.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:16 am

The men of Dragon-Fall laugh and cheer at the goblins ingenuity. The soldier Gitilla approached points to a spot far behind the artillery line.

Soldier: The king and his captains are conferring there with his captains *the soldier has to shout to be heard over the cannons* Just beyond the back of the artillery by that circle of boulders.

The combined racket of cannon balls clanging against the Orcs iron walls and the report of the cannons them selves had most of the army standing about with ear plugs in or using hand signals to communicate. But the bombardment was working the outer wall was visibly starting to weaken. Several mortars had also been set up and were lobbing shells over the walls.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:34 am

"My boss says 'ello." Gitilla says quite smugly, popping up near where hammershot and his councel were entrenched. "And that he's deigned to aid ya in yer li'l war, besides. Our camp's jus' a little off away's from yours, and we're pickin' at their flanks at the momen'."
the rock lobbas pounding at the wall were not quite as advanced as the cannons, but they more than made up for it in pure hitting power, at least compared to light cannon, and their blows were starting to take their toll on the wall. it helped that with the squig distraction, not to mention the countless spear chukka bolts, giant rocks, and in one case a ball of feces that had not been ordered to fire by fas but instead as the goblin form of a middle finger had been taking their toll on the orc defenders, mentally and physically. Their only saving grace was that while the spear chukkas and rock lobba's were numerous, they still hardly equaled the true numbers advantage the goblins could field, that for the moment sat uselessly behind the walls, goblin archery not being able to hit at that height of fortification. fas himself had earlier put himself at the front in order to use the power of the little Waaagh! to cast a curse on the trebuchet's, affecting their accuracy and their mechanism's reliability, but now he sat behind the lines and using his powers of command over the siege engines instead - though to no less devestating of an effect.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Sep 06, 2012 11:45 am

William nod to Gitilla.

William: Ah so your are the rider Arve spoke of I am king William Hammershot. I am sorry about the goblins fate from the camp at Grothum my rangers found a dispatch that gave the Orcs the order but by the time we had translated it they had all been killed. As for the siege tell you leader that when the walls are breach the fight will be hard despite your numbers my shock troops will smash into them and we will take the first wall but the fight will only get harder as we go up. I also hear reports that hill men from beyond the mountains will join their forces they are fine warriors the Golden Horde used them as berserkers for years. Some one has united these forces and I don't think either of our kingdoms shall be safe until we find out who and stop him.

Arkin and Captain Rothar were there also and they looked at Gitilla with sheer contempt it was likely all that kept their blades in their sheathes was the kings authority.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:39 pm

"hahaha, that might be true, but whoever it is, I suppose it doesn't matter too much. when we find him, we'll rip 'im limb from limb." Gitilla says with a savage smile. "and this isn't the first time we've fought orcs - we know 'ow to handle their tactics. We sent our orcs to extinction." Gitilla boasted. "still, I'll deliver your message to boss Fatum." Gitilla told him, before shortly riding off if not told to wait further by the man.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Sep 06, 2012 12:51 pm

William watched Gitilla ride of meanwhile the outer wall starts to crumble.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:15 pm

The outer wall started to crumble, as the Goblin's rock lobba's and spear chukka's, now free and uninterrupted, were now brought fully to bear, only pockets of resistance from the trolls and Uruks. soon, the wall crumbled halfway, soon crushed. Gitilla returned at that moment, relaying what he'd found out from the human king.
"I see. Form up ranks and ready for a charge when the walls come down." Fas said, looking around. "and cut some stakes - that will help to break up any charge."
Readying for a charge of Orcs, stakes striking out from defensive positions, the goblins huddles as the first wall finally broke, and orcs flooded outwards.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:29 pm

The Orcs would wade out into a wall of canister shot on the Dragon-Fall side of the line having their troops drop in droves. they would then be assailed by volleys of Arquebus fire and crossbow bolts. They had lost a lot of troops by the time the reached the line there they would be greeted by Zweihanders, war hammers, swords axes and Halberds. The Dwarven iron guard at the front of the line with captain Rothar began pushing into the enemy line. Rothar swung his hammer sending several Orcs tumbling to the ground and twitching from the electrical shock. His hammer made a sound like thunder as it connected with orc after orc soon the iron guard had driven the Orcs almost back to the wall then a rank of Uruks rushed out and fight intensified as the Dwarves fought warriors that were actually skilled. But the Iron Guard still prevailed as they were supported by Zweihanders and the Verlorene Haufe. The battle continued to rage as more orc troll men a Uruks stormed out of the breaches in the wall.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:45 pm

The orcs soon charged, only to hit a hail of spear, arrow, and stone fire. the Uruks, coming after them, managed to avoid some of the shots, but still had to dodge a literal hail of goblin arrows coming out of the sky. "Then they will fight in the shade..." Fas found himself saying, before concentrating his magical strength, in order to cause a sudden slowness in the group of orcs in front of him. The goblins found it easy to dodge the strikes of the orcs and Uruks now attacking them and counter, for the strikes suddenly seemed well-telegraphed and lacking in strength. Thus, the goblins soon made short work of them. Soon after the orc charge was entirely underway, Goblin wolf chariots came from both sides of the army, cutting swathes right in the thick of their ranks, the spiked armor of the wolves and the platform walls of the chariots both covered in blood. Wolf riders then moved behind both forces and blocked off the citadel walls, while some orc divisions were surprised to find goblins suddenly appear within their ranks, only to cut their way out with a large cutting blade before anyone knew what had happened. Soon, the entire division was culled, with only moderate losses of swordsmen, and hardly any wolf riders - (and thankfully not a single chariot) Lost in the attempt.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Thu Sep 06, 2012 3:58 pm

On the Dragon-Fall side of of the lines the Orcs and Uruks would find them selves suddenly assailed from above on what remained of outer wall. Dragon-Fall Rangers had crept through the battle and gained a vantage point and their hollow steel bows loosed arrows at their foes from behind. Several Dwarven bear riders charged in from the flanks tearing a greater gap in the enemy soon they started to pull back only to be met by more arrows from the rangers who seemed able to appear fire a few deadly accurate shots and vanish again. Finally the Iron guard broke through and the orcs started to retreat to the second wall Uruks and troll men crossbow men opened fire killing the Iron Guards who who were caught off guard but they soon ducked behind their shields and slowly advanced as rangers and cross bow men took up residence on the outer walls and began picking off the marksman on the second wall.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:05 am

The goblins charged, literally swarming over the orcs like flies more often than not. The Uruks were more trouble for the goblins, particularly the berserkers, but they were, luckily, right in the area the squigs were herded, the vicious and surprisingly quick and resilient creatures eating away at the Uruk Forces quickly. The enemy, being stuck in a square as they were, could be hit with the rock lobbers within their Inner ranks, but the Spear Chukkas and some of the archers had ceased to be of true use by this point. Truly, the combat had ceased to be about ranged weaponry so much as it was sword and shield, claw and tooth. Fas himself raced through the lines, commanding and fighting, cutting apart opponents whilst on warg-back. Gitilla and his hunters served as a quick-guard, being the only mounted division able to properly keep up and guard Fas whilst mounted. Their precision shortbows and spears were quite useful even in this conflicting melee, and the enemy could not keep up with their arrow hail. "Just a little more..." Fas said, noting that the orcish lines had entirely broken and they'd become even less effective, and that it'd only be a short time till the same was true for the Uruks, disciplined though they may be.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 07, 2012 4:58 am

The last of the orcs and Uruks fled over the second wall. The rangers and the Dwarven Crossbowmen continued to pick orcs and Uruks off the walls. The men of dragon fall carried in a ram and started to beat down the gate to the second level. The ram collided with the door gate with a lough crash it was evident that it would not hold long. Meanwhile several Dwarves and Men brought up ladders and began scaling the walls. King William and Arkin were some of the first up the wall.

William: URAH!!!!!!!!!!! * William roared out as a battle cry as he landed in the midst of his enemies sending several flying of the wall with a swing of his hammer.*

Arkin: baruk khazâd khazâd ai-mênu! *Arkin swung Zirak Zigil and gut down Orcs and Uruks alike more men swarmed up the ladders and joined the fight. Sword and buckler men proved their combat kill in the walls. An occasional pistol report was heard from atop the walls at the battle raged on above as the ram started to buckle the gate.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:22 am

The goblins fiercely pushed the advantage, the orcs, uruks and troll-men on the second line of walling more ready for them than the ones fighting william's force were, but appearing in far less numbers. crudely hewn ropes with stones at the end were thrown up, with heavy fire from the spear Chukka's covering them, as goblins scaled upwards in great numbers, their small weight allowing them to go up quickly with the rocks still holding. once more than ten goblins were up the wall, they quickly used this opportunity to pull up the siege equipment, pounding upon the wall of their foe with it, while they were distracted with the opponents already atop the wall.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 07, 2012 9:47 am

Battle cries and shouts of defiance were heard mixed in chorus with the screams of the wounded then another sound joined the mix of noise the crashing of the gate breaking open. Men of Dragon-Fall charge in and were met by hill men of Rhudaur fierce warriors with great skill of battle they unlike the orcs were warriors that could fight on par with the men of Dragon-Fall. Lightly armored and mobile warriors many of them wield large two handed axes or dual wielding swords. Along with the Uruks the hill men made gaining ground very slow and casualties high. Though the Dwarves fared better their smaller size and great strength made fighting their foes easier. On the walls Orcs and Uruks fell quickly to the more elite infantry of Dragon-Fall.
Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by darthme Fri Sep 07, 2012 12:59 pm

The lead knight says to Antonio, "Yes, we would very much like to hear about where you come from. Some of our most ancient scrolls and books tell of other lands pillaged by the Gal'Gai, but only make note of the fact that Gal'Gai were there, not what the land was like. Also, if I may ask, what sort of name is 'Antonio'? What does it mean?"

darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Male Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by Roach Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:23 pm

My name means 'beyond praise' it is a name of the people of the coast of Dragon-Fall. As for or kingdom it is a land of lush plains, rolling hills, and great forests. The human men of Dragon-Fall came from over the sea to reside there 400 years ago. We were met by the Dwarves a sturdy stout folk about this high. *Antonio made a signal showing a height of about 4 1/2 feet* on average they live in great mountain cites underground and have great fortresses above ground also, they are skilled craftsmen and delight it the making of things. They have been allied to our people since they landed on the coasts soon the became an integrated part of our nation. Our people work hard and they all can fight the wielding of the sword is something our people take delight in. 200 years ago a cruel Khan came from distant lands and invaded he enslaved and butchered our people and stayed in power for 100 years until the people overthrew him. Our people have become stronger and more advanced since this how ever. Our current king William Hammershot the Builder he built the great ships like the one off your coast that lets us travel and meet with all kinds of new people. This has made our kingdom very wealthy.

Roach
Roach
Officer
Officer

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sat Sep 08, 2012 11:05 am

soon, the second wall was all but taken by the goblins, the ability to swarm the walls making their attack easier. The hill-men were of greater trouble, and even before the gate had been broken by a combination of bolts, stones, and good ol' goblin pushing, many goblins had been swept off the wall by the rhudaur-folk. The Veterans pushed through, however, rallying the more numerous swordsmen to their side, and quickly cut a path with their giant maces for the rest of the goblins to follow, using their small size and large numbers against the men of Rhudaur. Finally defeating the hill-men after some effort, they pushed on to the rest of the citadel....
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content