Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One: Ex Nihilo

+6
darthme
Kati
NemesisQ
agentaaa
Angusm3
Quantum Rain
10 posters

Page 9 of 18 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 13 ... 18  Next

Go down

Chapter One: Ex Nihilo - Page 9 Empty Chapter One: Ex Nihilo

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:38 pm

First topic message reminder :

A war already thousands of years since its beginning, some worlds have already been devastated, but hope remains for those who wish to defend it... or destroy it.

Aeon's armies are amassing once more, though they emerge from the shadows of defeat against the Reapers in the service of Exitium, they hold courage still. Exitium sees this happening, and is already prepared to strike again, this time to kill. Merciless fighting shall take place soon.

Elsewhere, Anima creates her guardians, preparing to defend her creations still, even through the pain of death, she refuses to give in. Chaos's hordes are running rampant through the worlds though, creating pure discord in their wake, challenged only by Anima's warriors, they will, however, win if left unchecked.

Still, the gods are summoning their warriors, as more and more appear in the Sanctuary, a world otherwise known as the home of the gods, they appear in the respective thrones to each god, with the scenery equally matching their power. It is here where our story shall begin, and here it shall start to end, for out of nothing, out of Ex Nihilo, a story will start to weave itself together.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Thu Aug 25, 2011 12:23 pm; edited 2 times in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One: Ex Nihilo - Page 9 Empty Re: Chapter One: Ex Nihilo

Post by Angusm3 Tue May 17, 2011 1:28 am

"Perfect" said Hayle to Skaer as they walked "They did that beautifully, now we'll know where they've taken everything if... nay when we escape this literal hellhole. I have an attraction to my swords so I will always know where they are." "Well that's, nifty" said Skaer I would've just threw a locate spell but then, they might just dispel it..."

All of a sudden 2 dead bodies and 2 live ones appeared in front of them. the dead ones were mutilated, ripped into pieces. The live ones were screaming and carried automatic rifles.
"OH MY GOD THAT THING IS MASSI-heyyy WHERE THE HELL ARE WE?!?!!?" Screamed one of the living ones Chronos could be barely seen getting away yet again, "More meat for the grinder" could be heard in his voice

"Whose side is he on?" Skaer asked himself, referring to Chronos of course.

Last edited by Angusm3 on Thu May 19, 2011 1:39 am; edited 1 time in total
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Wed May 18, 2011 5:03 pm

---Some Planet

Kress looked down at the 2 warriors of Hayldrig and their weapons. "hmm...so there is some minor technology in this dustball, eh? I'll enjoy it if you just put those down and come quietly... I'll enjoy it more if you don't, though."
Jervix Appeared at Kress' side almost instantaneously. "we are high ranking members of the space pirates. It would be in your best interests to cooperate, and lay down your arms. All we need from you is... Information."

Onyx appeared uncharacteristically serious for a second "...There's not much I do like, anymore."
Shale greeted Rain exuberantly "Ahh, how have ya been, Rain? I need ya for something, if you'll help, anyway. Our scouts have picked up a chaos base not far from here from where her forces originated. it was heavily guarded, but 90% of their forces were sent to attack this compount recently and...well, you know how that ended. So, the basic plan is a "smash and grab" of our own, to collect some information from 'em. you up for it?"

---Umbra

Abaddon filled Auger's vision when he awoke. "so, I finally figured out what torture I'll have to train you with." Abaddon bragged, with a small amount of bright red energy in his palm. "so, see those rocks in the corner? There are 3 of them, correct?".
"Is there something wrong with your sight? It's obviously 4." Auger answered.
Abaddon grinned. "Wrong answer" Abaddon put some of the red energy into Auger's hand.
Auger screamed in pain, for the first time in his life, as the energy seared his body.
Now, repeat after me "there are 4 rocks"
"No... There are 3, dumbass..." Auger said, visibly shaken.
Auger screamed again, as more energy was sent into his system.

--3 hours later.
"Well, I have to admit, you have a strong will there. With this, it normally doesn't take me more than 10 minutes to train someone, but you just hold on, don't you? Well... I have a bit of a better idea...
Auger screamed again as a much larger amount of the red energy was put inside him.
"One hour" Abaddon informed Auger. "Till this energy starts to eat you, and dissolves you from the inside out." Abaddon then pointed to a golden bell in the corner "See this bell? When you give up, ring it. Doing so is your way of saying "I will do whatever you ask, Lord Abaddon the mighty, and I am just an insignificant speck. The minute you ring that bell, and tell me there are 4 rocks in the corner, is the minute I free you of your doom. Got it?"
Auger merely bit his lip, unable to speak, due to the pain.
"I thought so." Abaddon walked out, not even bothering to lock the door behind him.
It wasn't as if Auger was in the position to get back up.

--Aruna
Sona was both impressed and depressed about how little he had found out about the stranger. From what he knew of this Leo, he was a grey jedi, and obviously enough a good one. Every time Sona looked at Leo, however, he seemed unfocused on the conversation, his world fixated on one thing. Sona had seen this a few times before, with parents who had kids in danger, or likewise with siblings. Yet, from what Sona had learned, jedi had no families to speak of, and even friends were to be kept at a bit of a distance. Deciding the potential for what he could learn was more than what he might reveal himself by asking, Sona decided to ask "So, can grey jedi have families"
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu May 19, 2011 8:07 am

--Some Planet--
"Sounds simple. Why ask me for help?" The somewhat skeptical veteran asked, obviously not taking anything at face value with these strangers that, while helped him out of danger, also serve a goddess he views as manipulative. "Or is this one of those 'trust' tests?"

--Umbra--
The guards screaming was ignored, as the omega field that Kain had still upheld canceled out anything appearing within it still. The small ground continued, as finally the prisoners were thrown into separate cells each, one per cell. Their weapons were also separated and placed in random locations, as Exitus had ordered of the guards. The cellblock was quite heavily guarded, with much stronger creatures sitting just below it to ensure security.

--Aruna--
Leo didn't reply for several moments, hanging on that question as if it were life itself, and then, he answered, simply and shortly, "Yes."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu May 19, 2011 12:57 pm

---some planet

"welll, to put it bluntly, there are still a few hundred there, and we can't spare too many of anima's troops. We essentially need a few good strong arms to deal with what's there. Besides, I have a feeling that what that info leads us to will be a lot more dangerous than we bargained for." Shale took a sip of tea before continuing. "Going on the mission will be me, the charming orc you met earlier known as Onyx, an avenger by the name of Kael, a conjurer by the name of Marek, and, of course, you."

---Aruna:
"... May I ask if you have a family? If it's not too personal, of course, I won't pry..." Sona said nervously.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat May 28, 2011 1:54 pm

--Some Planet--
"Alright." Rain replied, not saying much else to Shale and instead waiting for something else to be added to his statements.

--Aruna--
Leo didn't answer Sona, and instead just kept walking until an Aeon base could be seen in the distance. It's shining walls and clear, blue waters surrounding it seemed to offer peace and tranquility even from such a long distance across the plain.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun May 29, 2011 9:51 am

---Some planet
"In any case, this mission will begin tomorrow night, so get ready while ya can."

--Aruna--
Sona hid his own thoughts as they came to the base, simply commenting "Wow! pretty nice lookin' place they got there."
In reality, Sona had learned a lot from Leo's statements, though he hadn't a clue what to make of him despite this fact. Deciding that he may as well report on the mission for now, he continued walking, by Leo.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Wed Jun 01, 2011 2:24 pm

Angus sat in his cell, looking at the wall mindlessly for hours. "When is this damn anti magic spell gonna wear off?" he wondered. This was all a bit much for him, "I started this whole thing just walking up to a stranger in a field..." he remembered "All I wanted was to assist him, why is this happening to us? Then I just wanted to return to my hometown, I thought I would be safe there... Oh my God this is bad. Thousands lost."
"HEY!" said a voice as gruff as gravel going through a meat grinder "Are you just gonna sit there feeling sorry for yourself or get up and do something about it?!" it said
"The walls... too strong and in this form I am too weak, much too weak." he replied
"Weak... I, HEY! I'm not too weak to get the hell out of here" the voice snapped back, it appeared to be coming from a cell a few meters away. "Quiet down" coughed another voice, presumably from the same cell as the gravelly voice. "He can't possibly break us out of here, don't even try to persuade him. We're all powerless here, those who go to the dungeons stay in the dungeons." said the second voice in futility, and sobs could be softly heard.

Skaer immediately tried to break down the wall with his raw strength but to no avail, he was not able to muster any kind of rage strength without his arcane abilities. "Goddamn this fortress. It's walls of solid fear..."

Keter, however... "Aah, just like cerebur IV" he said as he made a massive hole in one of the walls with a single intense punch. (OOC I'll remove this if it's too godmodey for you or if the walls are unbreakable period, He's using the raw strength of Cain)

Oresia, had nobody to throw books at anymore, and alas had no books to throw. So he just sat in his cell and tried to play tic tac toe with himself by carving into the floor.

Hayle, finally tried detecting his weapons, which he did "So they're northwest eh? Can't hide from me ye' little buggers!" He said, referring to his weapons. "Now if there's a way out" he thought "I'll just have to have a good plan. I wonder if they just starve us or if we get food, that could be a good way to..." his thoughts trailed off when he heard a massive rumble. "Eeeugh I hate underworlds..."
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Jun 02, 2011 6:46 pm

first hour:

Auger had started to adapt to the pain that he had felt. He had been looking around the room for an hour, trying to find a way out, and yet finding none. "this isn't the worst situation I've been in... come on, there is always a way. If I don't get out of here, I won't be able to fight anymore...

Second Hour:

Auger uselessly slammed his chains against the walls of his prison, "Well, this is a good prison if I've ever seen one. Ok, I can't slam the wall down, but how about... hmmm, guess I didn't have another plan there, did I? Oooh, maybe if I try and find a weakpoint in the wall..."

Third hour:

Auger thought the pain couldn't get any worse. he was wrong. pain ached through every inch of his body, and made him feel as though he had died with every breath. "well, where is the way out? Where? "

Fourth hour:

The bell was enticing. sitting silently on its perch. it sat there, golden in hue, just as it had for the last few hours. A magic bell, though, one that could erase the pain and sorrow it's owner had wreaked upon Auger. So, so enticing...

Fifth hour:
"So... This is how it ends, huh?...how boring..." Auger mused, sitting silently in his cell. "I was hoping it would end with a huge fight, or in a war of some sort... So, I guess I lose."
Auger sat in the cell, for a long time, as long, it seemed to him, as existence itself.
Auger began to feel cold, a chill seemed to spread through him, as he lay there in the darkness, shadow draping over him, wrapping him in it's dark embrace. His smile, usually so omnipresent, had disappeared, replaced with a mask of despair, as he lay there, unmoving. His breathing began to slow down as the vicious spell of abaddon took its toll, and his heart beat just a little slower each breath.
Auger fell from his sitting position, laying down in his cell, as he lost the strength to even move his limbs. Preparing to accept his facte, he opened his eyes for the last time...
A small ray of light had creeped up on his chest, giving him a small amount of warmth.
"Isn't it amazing? Just a little bit of light able to fight off all that dark? gain its space like that?" Auger asked himself out loud.
"What am I doing. if that little speck can do what it does to fight off the darkness surrounding it, then why aren't I at least takin' a crack at it?
Auger moved to a sitting position
"It's not like I don't have obligations. There's people I need to see again, people I swore to live on for."
Auger shakily stood up, his injuries still affecting him.
"I promised that old man I'd see him in the afterlife only when I'd become the strongest warrior the galaxy'd ever known. I'm not backing down."
A golden light filled the chamber, and an old man suddenly appeared in front of Auger. The man had a white beard and a bald head, and he wore a heavy cloak, but muscles could be seen underneath.
the man had a stern looking appearance overall, but kindness was apparent in his eyes.
"I was waiting for that"
"Old man! I'm so glad you're not dead! But you're golden now!" Auger said, happy beyond belief.
"Ehhh...no, I'm actually still dead. there are certain places you can manifest, though, if you have the strength, and on a planet of death, it can get easier. That golem fool's technique made it easier too."
"Old man... I think I might be joining you there soon, if I don't get out of here.
"Heh, why do you think I'm here? You, my precious student.
"I...I don't understand...."
"I'm going to use some of my power to heal the poison within you."
"Then why didn't ya do that earlier?!"
"Auger...There will be many times in your life that the challenge of it will seem insurmountable, that you won't be able to move on, that it seems impossible. But a warrior needs to be able to fight through that too, to find his resolve. I needed to see that you could get that resolve on your own, without any help, and you passed."
"Old man... Come escape with me. If you're back in the world of the living, you can teach me more, help me get stro--"
"I'm afraid not. I can only stay here for so long, and truth be told, I do want to go back. Those who are dead wish to stay that way, auger, not to be dug up and resurrected."
"Please! I'll make sure your stay here is better than the one you had in life! I'll...."
"Auger, please understand... I will see you again soon, but you're still young. Please, for my sake, have a happy life, alright?"
Auger stood stock still for a moment, almost lifeless, but after a few seconds, he managed to turn back to the old man with a smile on his face.
"Alright, if you say so. That's a promise, old man."
"Very well then. While I fix up the poison here, let's see what I can do about this other problem of yours."
"Problem?"
"When you're dead, you can sense a bit more than the living, and I can tell you only have access to a little bit of your true power. I can't totally unbind it, but I'll do what I can..."
a flash of gold passed from the old man to Auger, and enveloped auger, creating a golden aura around him.
"Wow, I feel...amazing."
"I expected as much. with this, you'll be able to break outta here, no problem. now do that already.
The old man seemed to fade, and his gold aura faded, as he said this.
"I've overextended my trip. I've gotta leave now."
Auger extended a hand towards him. "Wait! at least let me know your name before you depart the world of the living this time!"
The old man seemed to smile a bit, as he answered, before fully fading away:
"My name is Dachs...Dachs Auger."

Auger stood in silence for a minute, simply reflecting on what had just transpired before him. Looking at the spot where Baruti had stood only a minute before, he simply said
"Thank you... father." Turning from his reverie, he stared at the bell. electricity formed around his palm, and in less than a second the bell was turned into so much molten metal.
Auger gave the door to his cell a short glance before walking right up to it, and punching it down, as a yellow aura flowed around him. His weapons moved of their own accord, as if levitated, into auger's hands as he walked out of the cell.
"Now then...where do I start?" Auger said with a smirk.

agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Jun 02, 2011 10:05 pm

--Umbra--
---Auger's POV---
Right as Auger stepped out, he would see several bodies of dead guards assigned to ensure Auger stayed where he was. The second thing he would notice is that one of the figures was standing up, leaning against the wall, but remaining in the shadows. When it spoke, however, the voice was easily recognizable. "It takes me five minutes to kill all these guards quickly, quietly, and secretly. Yet it took you five hours to get out of a prison cell? What, were you having a tea party with Abbaddon?" He said, with a smirk on his face.

---Skaer & Co.'s POV---
(Well, I forgot to mention that Keter wasn't locked up with the others, so that part is unnecessary, he's probably still in the throne room with Exitius.)

The guards remained there, un-moving and ignoring the prisoners there, as they simply did what they were ordered to. The anti-magic field was no longer coming from Kain, though, as it was being projected from a duo of conjurors to ensure the prisoners stay where they are, while Kain does stuff elsewhere.

--Aruna--
As they entered through the front gate, Leo kept walking toward the palace. "...Have you ever met Aeon in person, Sona?" Leo asked, actually acknowledging that Sona was there and not just a ghost for once, it seemed.

--Some Planet--
Rain returned to his meditations in his previous spot, his thoughts and powers transcending through space, as he tried to see what was disturbing him so. To no avail, however, did he get the answers he sought. No matter how hard he tried, they always seemed to slip away into the shadows of war and the fires of destruction. "...dammit..." He swore quietly, as he opened his eyes yet again. "Why can't I see them?" He wondered, talking about his previous allies, Auger, Skaer, etc.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jun 03, 2011 1:20 am

---Umbra

"Well, it did involve me imbibing several things, but no... for that matter, where is he? I think it's time for a rematch..." Auger answered "So, where are the other cells in this place?"

Abaddon stood still for a moment to contain his own rage. breathing slowly, he moved towards the cell where Auger used to be held, his sensors alredy going off. "I will find you, and I WILL kill you, you hear me?." Abaddon raged.

--Aruna

"Yeah... He wasn't exactly the paragon of good I expected him to be, but he earned my respect. Why, have you?" Sona asked.

--some planet

Shale sat sipping his tea, talking with Kael while Onyx meditated.
"I have a bad feeling about this, Kael."
"No worries, It'll be fine. after all, we have you, Onyx, Me, and Rain coming on this mission, and the enemy numbers only a few hundred. Besides that, reports indicate they have a lax watch, and that their defenses are inconsiderable. we'll get that data and be sitting here drinking tea by tomorrow afternoon.'
"Well, that does reassure me... But what I mean is, I don't think this tea was brewed properly, and I'm thinking my stomach is going to become disagreeably later."
Kael simply shook his head. "...nevermind."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 03, 2011 8:21 am

--Umbra--
---Auger's POV---
"Your rematch will have to wait, you battle obsessed maniac..." Jaxe said in response, oddly a bit friendly to him for some reason. "You're going to have to leave now, though." He said, not waiting for Auger's agreement, as he teleported Auger away to a different location. Afterwords, he stepped back into the wall, disappearing from view as Abaddon came walking in.

--Aruna--
"He believes in harmony, not necessarily good, but the opposites that balance it out. If one is out of balance, he is the opposite of that to balance it out." Leo explained to Sona, as if to clarify what Aeon really was. "He is more passive though, believing in nature to make the balance for itself."

--Some Planet--
Rain continued meditating until the time he was called into the mission. Each time he tried to locate his friends, he failed, only fueling his obstinate determination and desire to find out where they are.

--Nox Noctis--
Auger would find himself appearing forth from a portal in the ground. The portal was a stone structure with a symbol on top of it, and seven pillars rising around it in a circle, each with a different colored stone on top, while the seventh, and tallest, had a white energy on top, which seemed to serve as the power source. Around him was a tundra, with mountains way in the distance. The sun was still high, offering light, and no snow was falling yet, thankfully.

Before Auger laid a path, as well, put there purposefully as if to guide him somewhere, but it seemed ancient, which was odd. How is a road that was not supposedly traveled on in centuries clear of snow in a tundra? And where did it lead?
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jun 03, 2011 10:50 am

---Umbra

Abaddon stared at the wall, breathing slowly, as he inspected the empty jail cell again.
"...Basalt, we're leaving." Abaddon barked at the molten guard next to him.
"to go after him?"
"No, you Idiot!" Abaddon insulted "he's taken something dear from me, so I'll see what happens if I kill those prisoners on him, in exchange."
"But...those are Exitius' prisoners. He'll take offense-"
"I'll find a way to preserve their souls, he'll have to be happy with that-"
"Lord Abaddon, I-"
"remember who you serve, Basalt, before I knock that pitiful head of yours off its shoulders."
"...Yes, lord Abaddon."
Abaddon hurried to the cells where the prisoners were kept, intent on killing anyone found in the cell...or any being standing in the way of that goal.

--some planet, a few hours later

Onyx approached Rain, overloaded with baggage. "It's time. Shale wants you in the guard tower to meet him, and stuff. Also, apparently, we are only to pack what we can carry, because horses or the like will slow us down, and I'm already carrying all I can.

--Aruna
"I know that, it's part of where my respect comes from. What can be bothersome is the fact that this army tends to have a distorted perception of it. Anyways, seeing as serving Aeon's my ticket into gettin' home, well, you see why I'm serving here. That, and something else..." Sona trailed off, his face appearing troubled once more. " I have to do this. I won't let her down..."

--Nox noctis
Auger walked down the path, whistling as he went. "Hope those other guys get out of there alive... Or get to have some fun and Kill some of their captors. Ehhhh, they seem like they can handle themselves, they have a good chance. Would sure be a shame if they died though.

agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:36 am

--Umbra--
Jaxe calmly walked into the prison section, sword in hand, as the guards reacted at his sudden appearance. As they did so, he had already killed the two guards closet to the door, and three a trio of knifes at the others, killing everyone in the room very efficiently and quickly. "Well, you guys look bored." He says, as he literally disintegrates the doors with his powers. "Have fun." He says, as he drops a couple weapons onto the ground for them and walks through the wall again, disappearing.

--Some Planet--
"Well, I guess I'll just wait on you guys." He says, as he begins traversing the base towards the guard tower. Seeing as he has no baggage like the rest of them, it would make sense that he wouldn't have to 'pack.'

--Aruna--
"We fight in an unnecessary war using necessary tactics, Sona. One day, you will understand." Leo replied, taking note of Sona's expression instantly out of the corner of his eye. "You should try to not think so loudly. Your thoughts are like high pitched screaming, no-one could miss them." He said, smirking a bit, showing just a little bit of his truer self, but then, it faded again. They would walk into the palace now, as Leo stopped at a nearby bench and sat down, staring at the wall. Okay, so... what now? He thought, wondering what his next step should be in finding his son.

--Nox Noctis--
The path wove around frozen lakes, and over snowy hills until Auger finally saw why he was here. A massive tower arose from the mountain scape on the horizon. At the top of said tower laid an even bigger, navy blue sphere that glowed intensely on the outer parts of said sphere. Upon nearing the tower, Auger would notice that it turned night very quickly, and yet, the path glowed, as if illuminated by the sphere itself.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sat Jun 04, 2011 2:56 am

"Well, I hadn't expected this" said Hayle "This should serve me well" As he picked up the sword "Until I find mine..."

Angus walked forth from his cell, attempting to recharge his powers. "Damn that field" he thought Sparks began flying from his fingertips and he knew he could use his power again. "Getting less feeble all the time, he he he" he said coldly aloud.

Skaer ripped his cell apart in anger of what had befallen him, "they can't just entrap us as so!" he roared, "I'll have that molten's head on my pike!"

Oresia rushed out to position himself behind his friends for protection against the horrors of this place.

Keter began walking toward the cell block where his friends were being held. When suddenly he bumped into Abaddon, "you aren't human" he said smirking "you're on the menu" he said, rage and glee spreading on his face in an ambivalent intensity.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:03 pm

--Umbra--

"Grrrr...I have no time for this. Basalt! Felsite! Take care of this for me!" 2 other molten appeared, one with odd runic symbols on his body, and an expression betraying no emotion whatsoever. The other molten appeared to have a small red aura around him, and seemed barely able to contain himself from attacking at once. "Die!" Felsite Yelled, leaping at Keter, while using his hands like claws. Without even looking back, Abaddon hurried towards the cells where the warriors serving chaos were kept. while Felsite continued to attack Keter with a wild fury, never losing awareness of his target and with little regard for his own safety, only using offensive actions. Basalt on the other hand began muttering something under his breath, and the symbols upon his chest glowed white with power.

--Some planet--
Shale and Kael were waiting in the guard tower as Rain stepped in. "Welcome, Rain. You're ready, I take it?"
Kael brandished his blade. "Better be on the watch, I've found this camp has traitors. well, more that this is a camp soon to be full of traitors.
Onyx suddenly started. 'What?"
"I was attacked tonight, by THIS!" Kael said, dropping a small, leechlike creature. "Trying to bore through my head. I managed to destroy it, though my blade was not exactly built to fight such small creatures, and it did give me a hassle.
After defeating it, I went to warn the camp leader, and I found one of these in his head. He then began to mutate before my eyes, changing from an elf into some scythed, clawed, bladed monster... Not a fun sight. He was faster than before, though, and I had some difficulty fighting him.
To be honest, I'm amazed more cases haven't come up. I managed to warn a few, but ohthers turned out to be infected. more and more came after me, and I thought I was done for, until..." Kael motioned to Shale.
"The whole camp's infected by now, and there's... Nothing we can do." Shale stuttered, his expression becoming pained. "I found out when I went to talk to the nurse and.. well, you can imagine. There's more, though, and I'm not sure if we can defeat them.
"This must be the work of Chaos, or Exitius!" Kael yelled.
"Mmmm...I wonder... doesn't seem like exitius style to draw something like this out, and as for chaos...This seems a little odd, even for her. I'm not really sure where this comes from, but we need to find out."
"did anyone make it out, I wonder?"
A Conjurer climbed up the tower in a panicked expression. "I was coming to join the mission, and these things... Grabbed me. I managed to get away though."
"Did anyone else make it out?"
"not that I can see...."
Shale took a second to think, and said "whatever this is, Chaos' camp might just have some answers for us. let's check it out."
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:58 pm

"Your thugs are not enough to satisfy me!" He said as he dashed toward one of the molten. He drew his blades out of the air, they were as light as if he carried air and as sharp as if he wielded pure energy.

(OOC: FIXED)

The group hurried toward the exit of the cell block. "Last one out'll probably get mutilated by that giant lava thing!" said Hayle, spotting the doorway.
"Which way should we go?" asked Skaer "Lets go left" replied Hayle "Why, what's that way?" he said, trying to peep around the corner "My swords!" Hayle rasped. "My swords are down that way, I think or is it the right or... Why are there so many directions to go in this place?!"

Oresia pulled a tiny notebook from his mouth, and from that he removed a piece of paper which he unfolded. "It says HERE that we should go left. "Is that the piece of advice paper I gave you?" Skaer wondered aloud Oresia just grinned.

Last edited by Angusm3 on Mon Jun 06, 2011 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sun Jun 05, 2011 3:36 pm

--Some Planet--
"...Something tells me you'll find more than you wanted to see." Rain said quietly, commenting on the situation. "..and what's weird is that they didn't come after me. If they were aiming for people with power, we would be first priority. That's always been Exitius's style of fighting, as for Chaos... Chaos wouldn't do this, I know that much. Mutation isn't her style."

--Arcadia--
Lara and Light return from their patrols, reporting the weird increases in enemy activity to the base commander. "... So let me get this straight." The commander said, "You fought three times as many enemies...and you found traces of the damaged Arms Fort we fought two days ago?" "The tracks we found more than match the description, not to mention the trail of destruction to the city it left. It's definitely a Motherwill class, the one we recently encountered most likely." Lara responded calmly, gauging the commander's reaction. "...*Sigh* Looks like we'll have to go hunting again. Prepare the mechs for combat, we need to track that thing down and destroy it before it does any damage to Machina." "So we're blowing up something bigger than demons. Great!" Light says somewhat cheerfully but also sarcastically even. He turned around and walked out, Lara following.

--Umbra--

(OOC: Angus, I think it would be best for you to post an attack rather than kill them and god-mod, which is illegal, and that's kind of strong god-modding imho.)

---Exitius's Throne---
Kain walked up and bowed before Exitius, bringing news. "It is going just as you foresaw, my lord." "...I see. Then you know what to do, Kain." The god of death replied to Kain gravely, but plainly as well somehow. "Very well, my lord." Kain said, standing back up and walking out, being followed by several different units of Exitius's army.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Tue Jun 07, 2011 3:56 pm

-- Some planet --
"well, that chaos base might have some info, and at any rate it's got a communications centre sittin' there we could use to warn HQ."
Kael shook his head. "we can't do that. there's still a situation here, and we don't know whether or not it will follow us. Besides, let's not start a fight when things are already bleak."
the conjurer, shivering, said "I think we need to get word to HQ, this can't be an event that repeats. ever."
Onyx simply stood and surveyed the area, giving no inclination towards either idea.
"Well, Rain" Shale said, amazingly calm "Looks like yoah' the tie-breaker vote here. what shall it be?"

-- Aruna --
Sona's expression became serious, and after a few seconds, he simply commented back. "even if I understand it, I'll never understand why someone would allow all these deaths, and all these tears. It's wrong, is what it is."

-- Nox Noctis.
"Wow, it's already night?" Auger asked, "Stuff like that sure passes fast here. Oh well, I can still see pretty good... I am pretty hungry though" Auger noted, his stomach grumbling, as he came close to the tower.

-- Umbra --
"what the hell do you mean escaped?" Abaddon asked of the exitius' soldier, an elf with a sword crafted from a dragon's tooth. "I SAID, they escaped and moved past this area!" the elf answered irritably. "I didn't have the ability to stop them on my own, so I decided to wait for reinforcements.
"Cowardly, eh?"
"realistic."
"well, then, come with me. It's for the better."
The elf seemed in deep thought as they ran, a sadness on his face. "... I'm sorry, Angus... it's for the greater good...
"What is your name, softskin?" Abaddon asked.
"I don't use my name anymore, but some have titled me many different names. I am known as Svadilfari to some and Uwzal to others, but know me simply as Efah."
"Stupid softskins and their stupid complicated naming complex."

Basalt finished muttering and as his eyes flashed, thin pillars of lava suddenly surrounded Keter. at the same time, Felsite saw a rock by his feet, and with perfect accuracy, kicked a rock at high speeds towards Keter. "Die, filth! you are not fit to be near Lord Abaddon!" Felsite yelled.

------------

Last edited by agentaaa on Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:46 pm; edited 2 times in total
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Thu Jun 09, 2011 1:14 am

Oresia led the group now, completely against his will. The others followed and he just stared down at his paper as if it were a mesmerizing map. "When are we going to get out of here?" Asked Hayle. "I said we should go left, I don't even know if 'should' means escape or if the advice paper thinks it best that we die".

Keter extinguished the lava behind him just in time, it solidified as brittle as if it were water frozen instantly in a lab. The stone flying toward him was moving, fast. Before he thought, he threw up his shield, it was like a sudden emptiness appeared before him to the golemns. He flew backwards, through the solidified lava rock he had created and into the wall, a very clear imprint left cracked into the wall. "My brother would not be pleased" his voice could be heard, the shield still pressed against the wall, hiding where he had hit. "He was the only one I could not defeat." Keter was behind the berserker instantly and had a massive metal thorned mace flying in his direction, it's spiky blades as thin and sharp as razors, yet tough as nails and the origin of this particular weapon gave it the illusion of a heat haze during the split second before certain and inevitable impact.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Jun 09, 2011 5:41 pm

Knowing the Area better, Abaddon used this to his advantage. Appearing in the next passage they would enter, he stopped and stood almost stock still. Efah stood next to him, his face a mask of sadness, though he had entered his fighting stance and still seemed quite battle ready.

Felsite saw the weapon and glared, not attempting to dodge, he simply attempted to push it away with his arm, not caring about the damage done to him, while throwing a surprisingly fast punch at keter in the next second. Basalt, on the other hand, made a small shower of lava around felsite, hoping to give him a second to recover, while preparing another spell to fire a blast of lava in case Keter went after him next.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Fri Jun 10, 2011 1:18 am

Angus halted, Oresia held up his paper. "The paper just told me to turn around and not look back." "Why the hell would it do that?" Asked Hayle. Angus and Skaer knew, Skaer stepped in front of Oresia, Hayle leapt ahead and Angus stayed in between them to provide support. Angus charged up icy rays, while Skaer got an ice bomb ready to throw several times. Hayle could do nothing, however but ready his sword and cross his chest as many men have done as their last act before advancing into battle.

Keter followed through with his intense strike, it would have pulverised any normal human into a fine red mist. But being a golemn protected his foe somewhat. After the strike he took the punch but appeared in front of the golem, swords wielded so that the force from the punch would be transferred right back into him with a bladed fury. As he quickly flew toward the lava his blades superheated and threw the liquid rock as a glowing orange fog into all directions.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jun 10, 2011 3:52 pm

---Umbra

"You. what are your skills. tell me now." Abaddon demanded of Sona.
Efah didn't even rise at the comment. "i can use magic and physical strikes, so I'm sort of a multirole fighter. Now, allow me to ask a question. How do you feel about ice?
Abaddon frowned. "Not a fan. Still, It's not Like I'll die if it's within 5 feet o' me or anything."
"Then do you mind if I do something to split them between us?"
"So long as I get the majority."
Efah concentrated, his face showing his deep concentration. "This is still pretty new for a spell, so I can't guarantee It'll work, but... Just don't charge At Angu-- Don't, uh, charge at the mage just yet. I have unfinished business there.
Abaddon grimaced at him. "...Don't let it get in the way. your job's to kill him, got it."
"I was just thinking he'd make a good addition to the forces, if I could convince him."
"If they weren't desperate enough to join before, under lock and key, what can you change of the situation?"
"He simply needs to understand the true ideals, is all."
"I don't know what ideals you could be meaning, but more importantly, we need to go before the chance slips past us. I don't care if you come or not, but if you don't, I will be snapping your neck later. Got it?"
"Understood. Let's go."

Abaddon charged in, grinning like a demon, as he approached the party, Grinning like a demon. "Sorry, you don't get to escape yet!" Abaddon sneers, as he nigh instantly threw a large flying kick at Hayle. From there, he would attack he and Skaer with a flurry of tight, concentrated and precise blows. Compared to their first fight, Abaddon knew their attacks better and was also regarding them as true opponents, so his attacks were tighter, more controlled, and better used strategy wise.
As Abaddon charged, an elf, using a strange wooden device similar to a skateboard, but with wheels of ice, moved incredibly fast towards Angus, as he finished muttering an incantation. As he did so, walls of ice came up around Angus and Efah, separating them from the rest of the group. the walls formed up 10 feet up, and made a roof. Efah came to a stop a couple feet in front of Angus, picking his board back up and slinging it on his back incredibly quickly. Sorry to have this reunion be so abrupt, but... well, this is the only way we could really talk, one on one."

"Angus... It's been a while.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:15 pm

"But you died" whispered Angus hoarsely. "That thing, Steve pushed you in the way when we had to get out of the temple." I never saw your body but we held the ceremonies and went on with our lives, I didn't know we would find each other again, new planet, and a new age.

Hayle dodged quite easily and stepped behind Abaddon, and ran. "Skaer, you can handle this, I'm useless without Harbinger" he said "I understand friend" replied Skaer as he deflected blows while being knocked to the floor "VINDICTIS!!" he screamed in a shrill and scared voice, Freezing rays of ice came flying from his fingertips and began to engulf the molten. "I only have a few more of those so dear god don't let this one be trouble like the others..."
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:32 pm

Abaddon was momentarily flummoxed when struck, but managed to shake the ice off before it did too much damage. nonetheless, a few scratches and scars could be seen on his body. "If I remember correctly, aren't you the one who gave me these scars?" Abaddon said, pointing to the damage to his body that had only begun to heal, and was torn a bit further sine being struck by skaer. "You.....You, I'm going to enjoy killing."

Efah seemed somewhat happy nonetheless "it is indeed a new time, and I have to admit seeing you makes this world seem a bit brighter to me again... yet, it seems you don't see the truth of things. You see, Angus, I wasn't dead then, and after that incident, when I managed to regain consciousness a couple of weeks later, I had presumed you yourselves were dead. I righted many wrongs, and devoted my life to peace. And just when my little confidence become overconfidence, it was shown to me once again that suffering is not combatable, or at least, not in this existence. But I've seen the afterlife, Angus, and it's beautiful. Peace, prosperity, nothing but good exists there. Peace not attainable here... That's why I work for this side. Help me, Angus, to bring about that sort of world. That world that we used to dream about as young adventurers.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Angusm3 Sat Jun 11, 2011 1:29 am

Skaer quickly rolled to his feet and as he walked back yelled "SATOR AREPO TENET ERAUQS!!!"
As he said these words several veritable shockwaves of sub zero temperatures issued forth from the entire front half of his body with lightning speed and took up the entire widthe and height of the hallway they were standing in. "Just pray that someone helps us now" he thought.

"You make a very persuasive argument, how can I just leave them behind though, all that I have fought for?" said Angus to his long lost companion.

Keter took what he thought to be a momentary pause in his opponents and proceeded, while flying in the air spinning like some kind of drill from hell, threw several void daggers at the mage that would last only long enough to pierce the thick skin and disappear. Then he was a mere inch away from Felsite.
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down