Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A short note

3 posters

Go down

A short note Empty A short note

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 6:17 am

Air units in this RP, due to the inherent unbalanced nature of an air unit in a game populated mostly by sword-wielding knaves, are to be kept very low in number. If one uses air units as very light/weak creatures in their list, or as transports, these are limited to a couple squads. An example would be a zeppelin, a very primitive gyrocopter, or small, man-sized dragons. Anything stronger, like a bomb-dropping gyrocopter or a great fire dragon, there should only be one or two of - I realize this makes an air army rather unfeasible, and more or less reduces them to special forces or supportwork, but air is a bit imbalanced in an RP such as this. If anyone disagrees with this rule, they're welcome to to talk to me on the chat or via PM's, but unless you have a very good argument for it, this rule will stay in force.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

A short note Empty Re: A short note

Post by darthme Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:49 am

Zeppelins and Gyrocopters? This is starting to sound more and more like a Steampunk Universe
darthme
darthme
Enlisted
Enlisted

Male Number of posts : 166
Registration date : 2011-06-29

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 7:51 am

well, zeppelins and gryrocopters are more or less the upper limits of what I'll allow - and even then, I shouldn't be seeing more than 12 from any one person. My main aim at the moment is to prevent too much steampunking, so as to stop any possible arms race along that line.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:19 am

Well, nice to know someone reads my topic all the way through, as I know this is likely aimed towards me more than anyone...

Still, if you did read it, you'd have noticed that airships =/= fighter planes, and as well, it's currently impossible for me to utilize large airships anyway. What I was aiming for with the crystal was a replacement and twist on calvary units, hovercraft stuff that remain close to the ground, not a mile high in the air. It also adds a distinct flavor, imo. Regardless, not a hard rule to follow and no objections here anyway.

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:50 am; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Thu Sep 06, 2012 9:27 am

I did read your topic all the way through, but you're only one of 2 people I noticed that were aiming for such, the other being Devlin. However, there was absolutely no rules instated to say otherwise concerning air units at the time, so it's hardly a problem in the first place - The reason I put this up was so that people could know of the ruling, rather than me having people do loads of work into air units that ends up being wasted when I have to say "No", when it's easier to do this, and not end up angering people over wasted time.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content