Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Lyre

4 posters

Go down

Lyre Empty Lyre

Post by B-moore-97 Tue Jun 26, 2012 7:31 pm

Lyre God_of_War_III__Armored_Satyr_by_andyparkart

Name: Lyre, last name unknown
Home-world: Arcadia
current location: Xedar
Chosen god: Chaos

Weapons:
Screamer: This Dagger is forged of a mysterious metal, The metal has an enchantment that makes it strike fear into the hearts of men by letting out a deathly howl whenever it lands a blow on a living creature.

Black-soul: This spear is of regular design, the shaft is made of a wood, enchanted as to not be broken, and the tip is 1/3 deadly toxins and 2/3 metal, the result is a wounded enemy with poison seeping from the tip, slowly creeping into his heart.

Pan flute: This item is common among satyrs, so much so that any satyr without one is shunned by the rest of the species, all satyrs are masters of this musical instrument at birth.

Abilities:
Song of enragement: This song seeps into the hearts of all beings, causing them to go mad in anger, striking out at the nearest creature to them. This song takes one minute to take affect, if hit before the minute is up, and the song isn't immediately continued, the singer loses the time he has spent and must restart the song for the affect to take place.

Song of healing: When this song is sung all, allies who can hear it are instantly healed by the power of this magical song. This song takes thirty seconds to heal all the desired allies.

Special ability:
Song of invisibility: When sung, this song leaches to the brain, causing all who hear it to no longer notice the singer, almost as if he isn't there. It takes fourty-five seconds to take affect, and goes for as long as the singer can hold the tune, any disturbance in the song will make him visible again.

Biography:
Lyre felt as a young boy, the urge to go out and fight for the god Chaos, he feels that Chaos is the only true god for a prankster race such as the satyrs. He has much richness and fame from all the antics he pulled, his scheming making him very hated, so much so that he was exiled from his home planet of Arcadia. He now resides in Xedar, where he fights for his god. Along the many travels he ran into a fellow by the name of Ignan, a fireborn, the two traveled together for a year on the planet Arcadia, then left to go Xedar and fight the great fight.
B-moore-97
B-moore-97
Observer
Observer

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Lyre Empty Re: Lyre

Post by agentaaa Tue Jun 26, 2012 8:10 pm

hmmm... what's the limits of the song, and how can they be blocked? More importantly, how does the song of invisibility work, exactly, as I'll admit I've some problems with it. seems dangerously close to GM to me
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Female Number of posts : 3631
Location : lol, nice try, police people, you ain't getting it from me so easily
Registration date : 2009-01-13

http://Agentaaa.deviantart.com

Back to top Go down

Post by B-moore-97 Wed Jun 27, 2012 5:54 am

The limits? can you define what you want there a bit more? and it can be blocked by interrupting the song or creating a spell that blocks out all sound, basically as long as you cant hear the song you are unaffected, as long as you can, you are affected. and the song of invisibility is like a hallucinagen, it blocks the image of the singer from the hearers mind, when heard the song causes the brain to erase the image of the singer, therefore stopping the hearer from being able to see him because his/her brain can't properly see the image of singer, making it appear that the singer is gone, they can still hear the music, but the way the music works is it rebounds off of things, making pinpointing the singer impossible.
B-moore-97
B-moore-97
Observer
Observer

Male Number of posts : 15
Registration date : 2012-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:38 am

how does it rebound however and still maintain it's regular shape? And MOreover, I'm asing what magical abilities would override such blocks, and the like. Also, that makes a bit more sense than how I first heard it, where it wasn't just sight was gone, but just that it was overall impossible to find the singer in general, with any sense. now, since I assume it operates on magic, I'm assuming one can use certain magic to cure and block effects?
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by devilslayer Wed Jun 27, 2012 9:45 am

not cure, but block yes, he said that did he not?
It doesn't exactly rebound as much as it does sound like it does, it echoes, making tracking him harder.
devilslayer
devilslayer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:25 am

he said one can block out the sound and stop it, not that it can be blocked by magical means. Additionally, I want to know the Limits of how many it can affect at a time - throwing an entire army-worth of people into a blind rage against itself is too much for this level of chapter.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by devilslayer Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:39 am

well obviously, throwing that many people into a blind rage would be impracticle, as he would most certainly be killed, and yes, if they can block all of the sound, with magic or some makeshift way with a physical item or action (ripping off their ears, like piccolo dbz abridged XD) and okay, he can only use it to control up to 12 people, sound fair?

p.s. if you can't tell already, I helped with his character.
devilslayer
devilslayer
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Female Number of posts : 894
Registration date : 2011-06-15

Back to top Go down

Post by agentaaa Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:15 am

or just putting their hands over their ears. Anyways, I'd also like to hear how PC's can break such control without breaking the musical spell, as that much GM over their characters leaves a sour taste in my mouth, to be honest.
agentaaa
agentaaa
Administrator
Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:48 am

As I've examined this profile, it has come to my attention that more and more people are 'screwing with other people's perceptions' I believe is how Agent put it.

As I actually have a semblance of how this system works, allow me to state that anything that deals with mental confrontations, whether one-sided or not, (I.E. Mystically caused or telepathically caused, in that order.), is a matter of will and strength that the other person involved may counteract these effects. They are not necessarily illegal, nor overpowered, but utilizing these abilities requires a certain degree of maturity and mutual understanding.

I will now issue a singular warning. If I find anyone arguing over this in a non-reasonable manner, I will take severe action. This is a friendly RP, state your ability and see if there are ways around that are legitimate. I do not expect all characters to be able to bypass this ability either. I EXPECT mutual cooperation. Misunderstanding my intentions will also call for reprimand on both sides. Do not make my job any more difficult in this matter.

Also, Braden, with that said, those warm-up times are kinda useless. Just take this as a note and warning and then I'll let Agent reconsider.

Edit: Seeing as Agent hasn't returned to discuss or approve this profile, I'll go ahead and do it myself. As long as you take my notice to heart, things should work smoothly.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down