Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Project Nostalgia

Go down

Project Nostalgia Empty Project Nostalgia

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 11, 2014 12:22 pm

First, let me make this ABUNDANTLY clear to you all. THIS IS NOT FOR AN RP OF ANY DESCRIPTION, NOT FOR NOW, OR FOR THE FUTURE. DO NOT ASK. Let me make something else abundantly clear, as well, THIS IS NOT MEANT TO BE PERFECT OR ACCURATE TO THE SOURCE MATERIAL! Don't tell me where things should or shouldn't be or go, I am the one making the map. I will listen to any criticisms you may have over the course of the project, however.

Now, with all that out of the way, this is Project Nostalgia. Otherwise, a project I'm doing for myself mostly that aims to create a unified FW map, something that was attempted in the past but never actually completed all the way through. To set about doing this, I had to get the source material right, and also decided not to stick to just one FW. So, I went for up to five previous FW's, gathered the faction lists, and then set about deciding what should be what and where... And that's more difficult than you might imagine.

The goal wasn't necessarily accuracy, though it was still somewhat of a factor. Given that the map was custom-made, rather than based off of any specific source material like Star Wars or the Milky Way galaxy or whatever, I could generally do whatever the hell I wanted with placement. But I am instead going to aim for the traditional map placements I attempted in the past, which was the big Republic in the center, the Solar Empire, or Imperial Remnant, around the rims here and there, the Coalition to the left-most side of the galaxy, and a Marzeron-Green Kathol on the bottom. (With a bit of Virisian Green to represent me having Exocron and annoying the crap out of JL with it.)

Anyway, what I plan on doing is placing factions smartly and with a more free-form plan to borders, as well as having brighter or more vivid colors to choose from. This is the future, and space, after all, so high-saturation isn't as much of an issue. We're not dying a cloth map in the feudal era here...

But the first issue was getting a list of said factions, and honestly, I'm not even sure I have them all now. And to give you an idea of how insane we got, I had to sort them by the player's name! Here's the full list in a spoiler for you to view.
Spoiler:

I then had to pick the appropriate colors and bear in mind the placement, utilizing Star Wars or my own memory of past attempts to try and place "anchors" if you will for each faction. The first attempt I don't really like, so I'll be doing it again, but you get to see it now and give me your thoughts, if any.

Project Nostalgia BqpNJEo

So that's it so far for this post, I'll update more later on as I progress on the project.

Oh, and before anyone gets any ideas, given that I made this map, I own the rights to it, and I do NOT give permission for its use in any rp or game. If requested, I will be happy to give you the blank template for use. I keep backups of my progress for easy editing after all, so it's never a big deal.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Project Nostalgia Empty Re: Project Nostalgia

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 11, 2014 1:59 pm

Okay, so, here's the faction list I will be using for the next attempt at a map. Again, it's sorted by player name for my own sanity really.

Spoiler:

Now this is excluding AI factions, which will also be included as I go on. I suppose I'll focus on player factions first though. Make it easier on myself.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Sat Oct 11, 2014 3:42 pm

Well, I like my second attempt at this a lot better than the first. Except for the part where I couldn't get the borders to match the curves of the arms, but YOU CAN'T SEE THAT. BLACK BACKGROUNDS ARE WIN~

In other news, this isn't quite perfect, I may fiddle around with it more, but this is a good first map of a series I may or may not do, depending on how I feel on the matter. Should prove to be quite interesting for those few that actually care.

Project Nostalgia DjrZBMz
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content