Chapter Two

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:23 pm

First topic message reminder :

As the forum auto-splits topics every 50 pages, the next topics will be named further chapters accordingly. This is chapter two, guys, KEEP IT UP!

Post.
POST.
POST!



Reeds just kept on whistling as guards and crew cleared out of his path. Eventually, he stopped at a door, the label addressing it as 'Science Lab 2A.' He smiled as he opened the door and Lae saw that the science lab was not small by any means. It was massive, in fact, taking up at least five rooms and two floors entirely on its own. It also seemed to host a massive range of equipment, some of which were entirely foreign to him. With all of the technology, equipment, and stores here, one could only wonder what Reeds' intention was with this lab.

He rolled the cart up next to two others and then proceeded to rummage around for a datapad. "Sit down, my fine lab rat." He said friendly still as he finally found his desired object, turning it own and turning toward Lae, a mischievous grin on his face.


Last edited by Quantum Rain on Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:26 am; edited 3 times in total
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down


Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:09 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The commander slumped onto the chair, a towel to his head where it was cut open, rather deep. He had to curse this human skin he was forced to wear. All this sickly red stuff really got in the way of his trying to think, and not to mention the pain. It was quite more severe than he is used to in his old home. Of course, despite the pain, he had to wonder why the boss assigned him this position... It was annoying to think about it, mainly because it caused more pain in the end, but damned if he couldn't stop.

And then a black, shadowy figure appeared on the other side of the room. It needn't speak or introduce itself of course. "You are worse of a bastard than I am, to have an assassin sent after me." The commander said simply, loosening his arm by rolling it in circles. The figure remained still, unmoving. "Oh yes, you want your damnable report. Of course. Here's your report: he kicked my [censored]." The figure still remained. "... [censored] you too." Then he sighed. "Alright, alright I'll explain. Damn, persistent [censored]..."

Lae slept for a few hours until about 7 am. He got up, out of the bed, remade it, and went to the closet. Inside was his bag. He grabbed it, put it on his shoulders, then walked out of the room. He put his hood up as he walked out of the room, and went for the elevator.

With a little luck, ill be able to just walk out of here.

He rode the elevator down to the lobby, then walked out to the front door, and out of the building. He walked down the street, and intended to walk out of the city.

If for any reason I'm stopped, I'm going to a friend's house that's just outside the city. If they ask why i dont take a vehicle, im unemployed.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:16 am

The commander was up at dawn, practically, redressing himself and seeing to it that his human skin was healed up accordingly. Scars were still apparent, but for the most part, it looked like he had just got hit by muggers instead of an assassin, which is exactly the story the press intends to release. He walked out of the base with several escorts, all of whom were more on alert than before.

He thought through his orders from the figure last night. Though he wasn't the boss, it really didn't matter, he was his superior still. Oh how he hated that thing thought of as a man. Still, orders were orders. He walked calmly towards one of the exits of the cities and stopped at the still closed gate. He brought up a conversation, which entailed of asking the soldier's report and waiting there, for the assassin to walk by, as planned.

And lo, how he hated when that man was right in his predictions. That damned white-haired brat came walking by. Though he didn't ever get a clear enough look at what the assassin looked like, between the armor and everything he wore, and his speed, he still knew it was the kid. He knew because of the exact timing and his senses. If he goes for my throat or head again, I will kill the bastard.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:26 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The commander was up at dawn, practically, redressing himself and seeing to it that his human skin was healed up accordingly. Scars were still apparent, but for the most part, it looked like he had just got hit by muggers instead of an assassin, which is exactly the story the press intends to release. He walked out of the base with several escorts, all of whom were more on alert than before.

He thought through his orders from the figure last night. Though he wasn't the boss, it really didn't matter, he was his superior still. Oh how he hated that thing thought of as a man. Still, orders were orders. He walked calmly towards one of the exits of the cities and stopped at the still closed gate. He brought up a conversation, which entailed of asking the soldier's report and waiting there, for the assassin to walk by, as planned.

And lo, how he hated when that man was right in his predictions. That damned white-haired brat came walking by. Though he didn't ever get a clear enough look at what the assassin looked like, between the armor and everything he wore, and his speed, he still knew it was the kid. He knew because of the exact timing and his senses. If he goes for my throat or head again, I will kill the bastard.

Lae saw the man standing at the gate, but pretended not to notice.

[censored], that explains a lot...

He walked a bit further down the street, then turned into a grocery store to play it off as a random person. He went in, got a soda, then walked out and went the opposite way, taking a sip of his soda as he walked out. He let his periph tell him whether or not they were still there.

Great...

He walked back the way he came, pretending as though that was the whole reason he had come down that way.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:29 am

Lae was not pursued, though the commander would certainly have loved to give the order. How ironic that the human child doesn't understand the situation he's in. He thought to himself, the next set of orders already appearing in his mind. Whatever exit the assassin tries to use, you will be there, and then the order in which the kid would use them in. How the figure got such information, he doesn't know, but he was certainly looking forward to the reaction of the assassin when he can't so much as leave the city.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:32 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Lae was not pursued, though the commander would certainly have loved to give the order. How ironic that the human child doesn't understand the situation he's in. He thought to himself, the next set of orders already appearing in his mind. Whatever exit the assassin tries to use, you will be there, and then the order in which the kid would use them in. How the figure got such information, he doesn't know, but he was certainly looking forward to the reaction of the assassin when he can't so much as leave the city.

Lae walked back to the other end of the city, acting as though he were taking a simple walk. Something's not right here... He got to the other end and sat on the sidewalk with his soda and glanced down the road, then at the gate to see if it was blocked.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:34 am

It was, though there were a significant number of guards than was apparent yesterday. Which is to be expected when an assassination took place earlier, however, the civilians paid no mind to the fact that the gates were locked and blocked off. After several minutes, that commander appeared at the gate, talking to the soldiers, whom promptly saluted when he approached.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:37 am

Quantum Rain wrote:It was, though there were a significant number of guards than was apparent yesterday. Which is to be expected when an assassination took place earlier, however, the civilians paid no mind to the fact that the gates were locked and blocked off. After several minutes, that commander appeared at the gate, talking to the soldiers, whom promptly saluted when he approached.

Lae gritted his teeth. Strike two. He thought to himself. He sat for about ten minutes, go up and walked to another part of the city to another gate. He then sat down at a restaurant that was within line-of-sight of the gate. He ordered a small plate of appetizers and a water, and looked at the guards.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:38 am

The same set up as before, the same number of guards, the same uncaring civilians. What was different than before was the fact that the commander did not appear at the gates within the time limit of before, or even in a reasonable amount of time.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:40 am

Quantum Rain wrote:The same set up as before, the same number of guards, the same uncaring civilians. What was different than before was the fact that the commander did not appear at the gates within the time limit of before, or even in a reasonable amount of time.

Lae looked at the gates. Looks easy, but i call [censored]. He sat there a few moments more to observe what would happen, to make sure that the commander would not show up, or that more guards would come. He continued to get refills of water and got one more plate of appetizers as he watched.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:42 am

Still nothing, for several more minutes, and then the commander was there, talking to the guards again, getting their reports, only this time, there were not as many escorts as before. Some had broken off the main group apparently, but where they were was unknown.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:53 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Still nothing, for several more minutes, and then the commander was there, talking to the guards again, getting their reports, only this time, there were not as many escorts as before. Some had broken off the main group apparently, but where they were was unknown.

Lae gritted his teeth. You want to do this retro? Fine. We'll do this retro. He took a few moments more to finish his food and drink, then paid and tipped his waiter. He then walked away from the restaurant. He walked to the center of the city, and found the tallest public building near the walls. He went inside, got on an elevator, and took it to the top-most floor. Once there, he went even further and got on the roof. There he hid between two air-conditioning units, and began waiting for nightfall.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Roach on Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:34 pm

Fore Admiral Disayle wrote:--Hiigara--

Karan: Keep fighting, guys! I've got a plan!

*As Sajuuk's drone swarms continue to ravage the Primitus armada from the inside, the Hiigarans adopt a more coherent strategy. Still continuing their circular motions, the Exiles' vessels pound the compound shield with steady kinetic cannon and plasma burst fire to prevent it from regenerating, punctuated by ion-beam blasts every few seconds or so to weaken it further. Their PD weapons fire exploding flak shells that wreak havoc on the Primitus drones, and the defenders switch from launching fusion torpedoes at the ravagers to a different type of torpedo, with cluster warheads, that targets the drones as well. Hiigara itself launches more missiles--though at a much-reduced rate due to its rapidly-fading stockpile--and the planetary defense platforms contribute fusion torpedoes and ion-beam fire of their own. Instead of sending them into FTL, Karan simply phases the warheads out, in a plane where the ancient marauders cannot follow, until the very last second so they can impact against the compound shield. At the same time, power readings from Sajuuk begin increasing at an exponential rate.*

--Aves, Aves City, Government District--

*Ackbar lands outside the floating building where the Junta has convened. Ironbeak, Dr. Fallah, and Addrson await him just inside the doors, before the meeting chamber. Addrson sports a bandage on his left foot, causing him to limp somewhat awkwardly as he runs toward Ackbar.*

Addrson: Sir, sir! I'm so happy to see you!

Ackbar: What, Addrson, did you think I was dead?

Addrson: By Aves, Admiral, when I saw the giant flash in the sky, I feared the worst. But here you are...what happened up there, then?

Ackbar: We won...but it wasn't a decisive victory. That thing smashed the Spirit up pretty badly, but we damaged it enough that it retreated. By Aves, though, I wish we could have destroyed it. Before long, it will probably have fixed itself back up and be back for more. Thankfully, though, I've just put the Spirit in for extensive repair and rearmament, so it won't take us down without a harder fight next time. What's that on your foot about?

*Addrson ruffles his feathers, embarassed.* Addrson: Well, Ackbar, those...things were approaching the evacuation area I was in--somewhere north of Apterus, I think--and a soldier near me took a hit. Before I knew it, I had run over, grabbed her weapon, and was firing away alongside the surviving soldiers. I guess I helped buy enough time for the evacuation to complete, and a gunship picked me up with the surviving soldiers. I then realized I'd been shot in the foot.

*Ackbar and Ironbeak both nod, impressed.* Ackbar: That was good of you, Addrson. I'm proud of your for showing such courage.

Ironbeak: Not bad for a secretary. *He gives the trumpeter a friendly cuff, causing him to stumble slightly. Ackbar suddenly appears concerned.*

Ackbar: Just...be a little more careful in the future, please.

Addrson: I promise I will, sir.

*Ackbar now sets his eyes forward.* Ackbar: Alright, let's go see the junta. Dr. Fallah, I'll speak to you in the meeting.

Dr. Fallah: Admiral. *They follow the hawk into the junta's meeting chambers, and then almost run into him as he stops cold. Barely one-third of the generals sit on their perches or daises, and most of those sport bindings of some kind or other. The rest of the posts are filled with unfamiliar avians.*

Ackbar: What...where is the rest of the Junta?

*A cassowary sporting a bandage around most of her head and over one eye speaks up from her dais.* General Carron: Half of them are dead, sir, and their seconds have come in their place. The rest are in comas or half-comas from their injuries and their seconds came as well.

Ackbar: Very well. *He takes his place on the high perch, while Ironbeak stands on a guest one and Fallah and Addrson run up to balconies on the upper level of the chamber.* Greetings to you all. Today we have suffered a terrible attack. Dozens of our best leaders and millions of our people are dead...including the Third Colony Fleet.

*Gasps echo through the chamber. Ackbar goes on.* Yes. But we must continue to strive.

*One of the stand-ins speaks out.*

Second: What do you suggest, Admiral?

Ackbar: We must go forward--continue our efforts to go to the stars. The Primitus have been stopped for now, but they will be back. Despite its setbacks, our first joint mission with the Hiigarans was a success; we extracted data that will prove vital to the coming war effort. The Hiigarans will bring this data back to us as soon as they can.

Dr. Fallah: Admiral, would it be possible to recover any of the wreckage of the Primitus ships or constructs for my scientists to research? If we had a way to study the enemy, I believe we could find a way to defeat them more easily.

Ackbar: I wish, Doctor, but all traces of the invaders have vanished. The wreckage simply crumbled into dust and left nothing behind.

Dr. Fallah: Very well.

Ackbar: As I was saying...the war will come, whether we like it or not. We must be ready; we must continue our alliance with the Hiigarans. Yes, many avians will die if we do...but if we don't, our entire ra--

*Suddenly, Addrson interrupts.* Addrson: I hate to interrupt, Admiral, but the Hiigarans have just sent a transmission through the priority channel.

Ackbar: Patch it through!

*After a few moments of silence, Soban's voice makes itself heard.* Soban: Admiral Ackbar, we're in deep [censored] here! You have to help us--there's a [censored] huge Primitus fleet here and we can't hold out forever! The coordinates to our location are included in this transmission; HURRY! *A burst of static.* SON OF A [censored]! They brought--*And the transmission ends. Total silence reigns through the chamber.*

Ackbar: ...Generals, I regret to announce that I must leave you once again.

*The stand-in from before objects.* Second: But, sir--

Ackbar: There are avians onboard the Hiigaran ship. I will not let it be destroyed and so let even more of our people die.

*The avian falls into shocked silence, and Ackbar flies out of the Junta's chamber. Within the hour, he is back at the Spirit of Aves, which is nearly fully repaired thanks to the diligent efforts of the dockyard crew. Soon after that, the massive vessel departs Aves and blasts into FTL.*

--The World of New Song--

*By sheer chance, the Spirit of Aves arrives right on the tail of the newcomers. Ackbar stumbles as explosions begin to rock the ship almost immediately.*

Ackbar: Start firing on anything that matches Primitus signatures! *He scans the battlefield for a few moments.* [censored] me, this is a mess. Comms--find Soban's ship and get me to him!

Comms Officer: No need, sir, he's hailing us!

Ackbar: Patch him through, then!

Soban: Ackbar. You're a sight for sore eyes.

Ackbar: Lovely. Can you tell me exactly what the hell is going on here?

Soban: A [censored]-fight, that's what. There's not a lot of time to explain--can you move your ship between the big motherfucker and the planet? The big one closest to the planet?

Ackbar: Alright. I'm not sure we can take the beating, but we'll do it. Navigation--full speed to engines! Take us between the large ship closet to the planet and the planet itself! Gunnery, open fire on that thing when you're in range! *The orders are received and carried. As the ship starts moving again, Ackbar presses Soban.* So really, Soban, what's going on here?

Soban: Long story short, Toktha's people and I followed the Primitus ships here to find them attacking some people we've never seen before, so we decided to help. We're all friends for the moment, if only because there isn't a goddamn chance of survival otherwise!! I don't know about these new ships you followed in, do you?

Ackbar: I have no idea about them.

Soban: I'll talk to them; just protect the planet!

*The Spirit of Aves soon positions itself between the Ultor and The World of New Song. As it does so, it opens fire with a merciless array of energy bolts, while its PD beams begin destroying the missiles and pods as best they can. The Rachni's beam weapons also continue raking the huge Primitus vessel's shields.*

*Meanwhile, as the unlikely allies begin responding to the radical changes in the situation, Soban hails what appears to be the lead ship of the newcomers.*

Soban (Basic): Attention newly arrived ships, this is Admiral Ferin Soban Sha of the Hiigaran Daiamid! Do you come as friends or foes? ...please tell me as friends.



The new Contacts are Detected by the free peoples.

"Dawson have the newcomers identified them selves yet?"

"Negative admiral no ID on them and they have not made their intentions clear."

"Very Well Hold positions and keep swatting those pesky drones."

"Yes sir"


The Free peoples continue holding positions batting back the Primtus as est they can ships keep falling from battle either damaged or destroyed but the venerable forces of the Free peoples hold in their unshakable formations. In the mean time the a massive volley of missiles and torpedoes from the Litany and the free peoples fleet slammed into the Primtus ship attacking the planet. And a large wing of strike craft Escort the Spirit of Aves through the Swarms of Primtus drones. The avian's would feel immediately bolstered by roach's battle meditation as roach stretched his abilities to the maximum.

_________________________________________________
Sir Noret: "Men we sail for Crimea to slaughter the enemies of God, those ghastly Turks who seek to disrupt the operations of our glorious ally Russia. Set forth with God Speed!"

"Hard pressed on my right; center is yielding; impossible to maneuver. Situation excellent, I shall attack!" - Ferdinand Foch

"The secret of politics? Make a good treaty with Russia."
-Otto Von Bismarck

“God created war so that Americans would learn geography.”
― Mark Twain

Roach's Theme song. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrd2xf5DIlU
avatar
Roach
Officer
Officer

Male Number of posts : 544
Age : 25
Location : Castle Ramius
Reputation : 5
Registration date : 2011-07-01

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:19 pm

--Hiigara--

A large volley of a different sort of missile is also launched by the marauders, phasing out and tracking their other counterparts right to the moment they phase into reality. They crashed into their counterparts and send the blast originally meant for the shield back into space, neutralizing the missiles. As Sajuuk charged up its power, so too did the Ultor, alongside the main fleet’s continued attack, stepping up its drone production to counter the PD.



--New Song--

Marion sat in her usual seat, watching the battle before her. She could sense a powerful force wielder aboard one of the obvious flagships. Furthermore, there were several different races amongst the battlefield. All of them felt different, but none were telepaths, this much was certain to her. The telepaths, she sensed, were on the planet below. The same planet currently being besieged by the Primitus, she noted. It was odd, to be sure, that so many were in one place. It was odder still that they displayed more intelligence than normal, but she did not think any different of it all. When the hail came in, she waved her hand and the comm automatically answered with a visual.

"Admiral Soban Sha, I am High Sovereignty Marion Cross of the Imperial Sovereignty. I came to eliminate the Primitus threat in this sector. Later, we will have much to discuss." She stated matter-of-factually, as the fleet approached the battlefield. They fired at the Primitus as the main ship approached the Ultor closest to the planet. The rest of the fleet primarily flanked the enemy, launching drones in similar amounts to the Primitus fleets, engaging at near point blank, but constantly moving and swerving, changing from side to side to absorb the damage more equally.

The main ship sped towards the planet with amazing speed, attacking the first Ultor with ruthless focus, but it was not on par with the ancient vessel. As the Ultor retaliated with its own weaponry, the main ship still took the damage in stride. The support ships of the Ultor remained engaged with the allied ships, refusing to let them past but not dyeing so easily either. As for the corvette like drones, they were tougher than their counterparts. Some withstood enemy fire long enough to strafe the allied ships, but were soon countered by a rather large swarm of drones from the newly arrived ship.

The main primitus fleet was tough. Extremely tough, as their massive compound shield absorbed all of the allied fire, even of the newly arrived ships, in perfect stride; that is not to say, however, that they remained still. Rather, they constantly teleported about, their compound shield stretching to create links more than a massive barrier. These ships flanked and outmaneuvered the engaging allies, bombarding them from multiple angles and positions and then disappearing before retaliation could be exacted.

“Jonas, assemble the strike team.” Marion said into the comm. The reply was a short affirmation, with the usual respectful sign. She did not really care for such, but she did want to see the inside of that Ultor. That was all that mattered right now, aside from the colony of telepathic insectoids. They would come second.

On the planet below, things quickly got worse. In retaliation of their attacks on the Primitus vessels, thousands of drones swarmed the planet, scouring for the Rachni refugees below. Once found, they would not be spared.



--Dominion_Wolf--

“Waiting for someone?” A voice rang behind him. It was unfamiliar, entirely unfamiliar, and yet the presence was the exact opposite. “He said you would be here as well. I do hate it when he is right, but I rather enjoy this game of cat and mouse kid.” The voice mused. This was not going to end well…

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 12:33 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:--Hiigara--

A large volley of a different sort of missile is also launched by the marauders, phasing out and tracking their other counterparts right to the moment they phase into reality. They crashed into their counterparts and send the blast originally meant for the shield back into space, neutralizing the missiles. As Sajuuk charged up its power, so too did the Ultor, alongside the main fleet’s continued attack, stepping up its drone production to counter the PD.



--New Song--

Marion sat in her usual seat, watching the battle before her. She could sense a powerful force wielder aboard one of the obvious flagships. Furthermore, there were several different races amongst the battlefield. All of them felt different, but none were telepaths, this much was certain to her. The telepaths, she sensed, were on the planet below. The same planet currently being besieged by the Primitus, she noted. It was odd, to be sure, that so many were in one place. It was odder still that they displayed more intelligence than normal, but she did not think any different of it all. When the hail came in, she waved her hand and the comm automatically answered with a visual.

"Admiral Soban Sha, I am High Sovereignty Marion Cross of the Imperial Sovereignty. I came to eliminate the Primitus threat in this sector. Later, we will have much to discuss." She stated matter-of-factually, as the fleet approached the battlefield. They fired at the Primitus as the main ship approached the Ultor closest to the planet. The rest of the fleet primarily flanked the enemy, launching drones in similar amounts to the Primitus fleets, engaging at near point blank, but constantly moving and swerving, changing from side to side to absorb the damage more equally.

The main ship sped towards the planet with amazing speed, attacking the first Ultor with ruthless focus, but it was not on par with the ancient vessel. As the Ultor retaliated with its own weaponry, the main ship still took the damage in stride. The support ships of the Ultor remained engaged with the allied ships, refusing to let them past but not dyeing so easily either. As for the corvette like drones, they were tougher than their counterparts. Some withstood enemy fire long enough to strafe the allied ships, but were soon countered by a rather large swarm of drones from the newly arrived ship.

The main primitus fleet was tough. Extremely tough, as their massive compound shield absorbed all of the allied fire, even of the newly arrived ships, in perfect stride; that is not to say, however, that they remained still. Rather, they constantly teleported about, their compound shield stretching to create links more than a massive barrier. These ships flanked and outmaneuvered the engaging allies, bombarding them from multiple angles and positions and then disappearing before retaliation could be exacted.

“Jonas, assemble the strike team.” Marion said into the comm. The reply was a short affirmation, with the usual respectful sign. She did not really care for such, but she did want to see the inside of that Ultor. That was all that mattered right now, aside from the colony of telepathic insectoids. They would come second.

On the planet below, things quickly got worse. In retaliation of their attacks on the Primitus vessels, thousands of drones swarmed the planet, scouring for the Rachni refugees below. Once found, they would not be spared.



--Dominion_Wolf--

“Waiting for someone?” A voice rang behind him. It was unfamiliar, entirely unfamiliar, and yet the presence was the exact opposite. “He said you would be here as well. I do hate it when he is right, but I rather enjoy this game of cat and mouse kid.” The voice mused. This was not going to end well…

Lae decided to try to play it off casually, see if he could not get away with it. He sat up, looked around to look like he had been taking a nap, he stood up and turned to face him. "Did you say something?" Lae inquired casually.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:04 pm

"You're not fooling anyone kiddo." The man said passively, taking out two odd-shaped blades that protruded from his wrist guards. "Please feel free to make the first move. Run or fight, this will be most enjoyable."

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 1:13 pm

Lae stood there calmly. "Alright, alright, I admit it," he said as he held his hands up in front of him. "I downloaded a few thousand mp3's illegally, but seriously, who hasnt?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:41 pm

The commander chuckled at the kid's comment, still wielding the blades. He was an interesting one to be sure. Far better than the drab soldiers and other demons he's had to work with. It would be a shame that he would have to die... or would he? It all depended on his master's wishes, not his own. Still, he thought, this would be more entertaining then having ones own neck snapped out of its socket.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:42 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The commander chuckled at the kid's comment, still wielding the blades. He was an interesting one to be sure. Far better than the drab soldiers and other demons he's had to work with. It would be a shame that he would have to die... or would he? It all depended on his master's wishes, not his own. Still, he thought, this would be more entertaining then having ones own neck snapped out of its socket.


Lae backed away slowly, seeming a little uncomfortable. "Wait... what is this about?..." He took a few more steps back, and felt his foot shift as he reached the edge of the building. "...what are you really here for?"

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:45 pm

"Fortunately, just to cut off a bit of that skin between your shoulders. Nothing you won't miss, right kiddo?" He said with a slightly awkward smile. He still wasn't used to displaying emotions properly. He needed more practice to be sure, but then again, he wasn't as old as the others. Whether that was a blessing or not... "Though you are welcome to defend yourself."

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:48 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Fortunately, just to cut off a bit of that skin between your shoulders. Nothing you won't miss, right kiddo?" He said with a slightly awkward smile. He still wasn't used to displaying emotions properly. He needed more practice to be sure, but then again, he wasn't as old as the others. Whether that was a blessing or not... "Though you are welcome to defend yourself."


Lae's expression changed from that of a nervous kid, to a slightly irritated expression. "Oh, so that's how it is? You're more than welcome to come and find out." He did not seem at all happy. "If you make death threats, you sure as hell better be ready to back them up." Lae stared at him unblinking.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:52 pm

"Now that's the spirit!" The demon replied, his face turning lighter, to something of light joy, as odd as it sounds. "As I stated before, I leave the first move to you." He said with a more sadistic smile. His hands were steady, though he could not deny the feeling of a battle frenzy welling up inside him due to the kid's sudden change to a serious warrior. Or was he? That was a good question too...

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:56 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Now that's the spirit!" The demon replied, his face turning lighter, to something of light joy, as odd as it sounds. "As I stated before, I leave the first move to you." He said with a more sadistic smile. His hands were steady, though he could not deny the feeling of a battle frenzy welling up inside him due to the kid's sudden change to a serious warrior. Or was he? That was a good question too...

Lae stood there for a moment, and looked at the environment. He eyed a cracked spot in the ground, with a little luck, it would be loose. He stood there for a moment, contemplating whether to gamble the idea. He decided it would be the safest first move. He crouched down, grabbed the side, and lifted it out of the ground and hurled it at the man without even standing up. He quickly got back to his feet afterwards, and waited for the man's retaliation.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 2:57 pm

The man dodged with insane speed, swirling around the rock, catching it with both blades and then on his second spin sending it flying back at Lae as he charged, disappearing at first, only to reappear above Lae, coming down with one blade, the other poised to strike elsewhere should he dodge. And if, for some reason, Lae decided to jump, well, he could be followed rather easily.

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Wynn on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:00 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The man dodged with insane speed, swirling around the rock, catching it with both blades and then on his second spin sending it flying back at Lae as he charged, disappearing at first, only to reappear above Lae, coming down with one blade, the other poised to strike elsewhere should he dodge. And if, for some reason, Lae decided to jump, well, he could be followed rather easily.

Lae kicked the backpack off with the back of his foot, while keeping an eye on the man. He dove off backwards, and streamlined his body after the bag. Once he had it, he grabbed it, reached in and grabbed the nano leather pouch. Quickly, he put the bag on his back, still holding the pouch. He stole a glance at the man to see if he had caught up.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Age : 23
Reputation : 3
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Quantum Rain on Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:02 pm

The man was beyond normal, this much was certain, but he was just as insane as the kid. Despite wearing casual clothing, he was flying down towards him, blades at either end. His expression seemed to be of exquisite joy, but his eyes were entirely focused on his prey. Running away? Well that's not fun at all...

_________________________________________________
Signatures:




"All endeavors call for the ability to tramp the last mile, shape the last plan, endure the last hours toil. The fight to the finish is the one... characteristic we must possess if we are to face the future as finishers." - Henry David Thoreau

"If you think people care about you or your commands, you're delusional. You have to make an impact, a legacy to be accountable to. Be the cause of a calamity or a miracle, and then you will become the symbol of the people; A true leader with authority, either through the mutual fear or love of the masses." - Mikhail Azarias
avatar
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2208
Age : 22
Location : The Universe between Universes
Reputation : 10
Registration date : 2008-12-18

http://gathering.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Re: Chapter Two

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 40 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 22 ... 40  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum