Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Chapter One

+8
SGOS
RedDragon924
Sir Noret
Django
darthme
Roach
The Nameless Sith Lord
Quantum Rain
12 posters

Page 38 of 40 Previous  1 ... 20 ... 37, 38, 39, 40  Next

Go down

Chapter One - Page 38 Empty Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Tue Jul 05, 2011 3:22 pm

First topic message reminder :

Chapter One - Page 38 Logo210-1

----Intro post shall arrive later----

Last edited by Quantum Rain on Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Male Number of posts : 2209
Registration date : 2008-12-18

https://gathering.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Chapter One - Page 38 Empty Re: Chapter One

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:47 am

Lara just laid her head back and stared into the ceiling as time began to slowly slip by. Minutes past at first, slowly becoming whole hours. Rain remained in the cockpit the entire time, fully lost in his thoughts, while Lara seemed to relax some, lost in the peacefulness found outside. Soon, the shuttle started to shake as it began its exit through the dimensional boundaries. It shook violently, rudely returning them all to reality, as finally, it stopped. To Rain, he saw space with a large green world ahead, surrounded by dots everywhere, which soon became ships as they decelerated.

Soon, they were orbiting the planet of Ultra Vires Prime, becoming one of the mess of stations and ships flying about at varying speeds and distances. It was a mess Rain was used to as he attempted to contact HQ. At first, he had to explain why he was in a beat-up cargo shuttle to begin with, then had to identify himself and his passengers, clearly leaving out who the third was specifically for good reason. It took several minutes before he was directed to the Sword of Vires to be debriefed.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:53 am

Quantum Rain wrote:Lara just laid her head back and stared into the ceiling as time began to slowly slip by. Minutes past at first, slowly becoming whole hours. Rain remained in the cockpit the entire time, fully lost in his thoughts, while Lara seemed to relax some, lost in the peacefulness found outside. Soon, the shuttle started to shake as it began its exit through the dimensional boundaries. It shook violently, rudely returning them all to reality, as finally, it stopped. To Rain, he saw space with a large green world ahead, surrounded by dots everywhere, which soon became ships as they decelerated.

Soon, they were orbiting the planet of Ultra Vires Prime, becoming one of the mess of stations and ships flying about at varying speeds and distances. It was a mess Rain was used to as he attempted to contact HQ. At first, he had to explain why he was in a beat-up cargo shuttle to begin with, then had to identify himself and his passengers, clearly leaving out who the third was specifically for good reason. It took several minutes before he was directed to the Sword of Vires to be debriefed.

In the hours of travel, Lae thought about all that happened. A cryotube, then the world wants me dead. Once i get on better terms with a cheerful girl, and a pole-up-his-[censored] scrooge, demons want me dead... i just doesnt make any damn sense. He just sat there with his arms crossed. Despite his wanting to stay vigilant he began to dose off. His head fell forward and he reopened his eyes. He stared straight forward and his head fell again, and again, and again. Eventually, he just 'passed out' from sheer exhaustion. He would be lying on his side, arms dangling off the side, his legs still planted in the same spot on the floor, and his head resting on one of the arm rests.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Female Number of posts : 1114
Registration date : 2011-06-26

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 11:58 am

The shuttle soon docked inside the hanger bay, horribly out of place compared to the fighters, bombers, and various sizes of drones that far and away outclassed the junk heap in their midst. Lara just smiled as she walked over and shook Lae gently, trying to wake him up without scaring him. "Wake up Lae, we're here." She said softly.

"Serien. You owe me sooo much for this..." Rain muttered to himself as he noted how difficult it was to dock the shuttle. He got up finally, waiting for his legs to regain circulation as he walked toward the exit ramp, ignoring Lara and the wakening Lae.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:The shuttle soon docked inside the hanger bay, horribly out of place compared to the fighters, bombers, and various sizes of drones that far and away outclassed the junk heap in their midst. Lara just smiled as she walked over and shook Lae gently, trying to wake him up without scaring him. "Wake up Lae, we're here." She said softly.

"Serien. You owe me sooo much for this..." Rain muttered to himself as he noted how difficult it was to dock the shuttle. He got up finally, waiting for his legs to regain circulation as he walked toward the exit ramp, ignoring Lara and the wakening Lae.

He would not respond right away, having been sleeping hard. Then he stirred and sat up. His hair looked like it had been through a storm of biblical winds and hairspray, and he just looked ridiculously groggy. "Where the heck am i?" He said, as if he remembered nothing.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:13 pm

"Oh come on Lae, get up!" Lara picked up one of the pillows and threw it at Lae's face to prove her point. "Come on. Up!" She yelled again playfully. Rain was just standing at the exit, impatiently waiting for the two of them to get up, but a part of him was still lost in thought. He wasn't really looking at the two but rather staring into oblivion again.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:19 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Oh come on Lae, get up!" Lara picked up one of the pillows and threw it at Lae's face to prove her point. "Come on. Up!" She yelled again playfully. Rain was just standing at the exit, impatiently waiting for the two of them to get up, but a part of him was still lost in thought. He wasn't really looking at the two but rather staring into oblivion again.

He got hit by the pillow but didnt react much. "...I feel like crap." Lae grumbled. He got up but walked somewhat hunched over.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:27 pm

"Your hair is all messed up!" Lara exclaimed, taking out a brush and combing it for him. "Man, you're such a mess." She said, putting the brush back. "There. Now come on. A quick walk will wake you right up!" She said taking his arm and dragging him along. Rain just rolled his eyes as they past and followed quietly. Any questioning glances by the guards were soon quelled when they saw Rain, thankfully, and they noticeably kept their distance.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:30 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"Your hair is all messed up!" Lara exclaimed, taking out a brush and combing it for him. "Man, you're such a mess." She said, putting the brush back. "There. Now come on. A quick walk will wake you right up!" She said taking his arm and dragging him along. Rain just rolled his eyes as they past and followed quietly. Any questioning glances by the guards were soon quelled when they saw Rain, thankfully, and they noticeably kept their distance.

Lae seemed completely oblivious to what was going on and barely able to keep himself going on his own energy, or lack there of. When she dragged him along he almost fell flat on his face and stumbled a bit before speeding up. "Where are we exactally?" Lae inquired.

Xaldius: The belly of the beast.

Lae: Damn it, and here i actually forgot about you...

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:31 pm

"The flagship of the Imperial Armada, the Sword of Vires." Rain said quietly in response. Lara just looked back at Lae and smiled again. "Try to keep up!" She said, walking even faster now. Rain just sighed and kept up easily, not looking at any of the guards they passed.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:45 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"The flagship of the Imperial Armada, the Sword of Vires." Rain said quietly in response. Lara just looked back at Lae and smiled again. "Try to keep up!" She said, walking even faster now. Rain just sighed and kept up easily, not looking at any of the guards they passed.

He would think twoards her so none of the guards would hear him. To someone wanted for the alleged murders of a bunch of military naval crewmen, that name does NOT sound inviting... He walked a bit faster, a bit more woken up now.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:51 pm

We've been ordered to take you to Elite Commander Serien. Lara explained, trying to ease Lae's fears. Besides, as long as you're with us, no one will harm you. She followed up encouragingly. Rain followed quietly again, and it seemed that every soldier they passed didn't even look at the passerbyers, content to stand guard perfectly still. Eventually they stood in front of a rather well-guarded pair of more classical looking doors. Rain stepped forward and the guards nodded, opening the doors for them. As they walked into the room, Lae would see a rather young man with dark blonde hair in a black, leather jacket. He stood far out of place compared to the uniformed, and more heavily armed soldiers surrounding the walls.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:56 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:We've been ordered to take you to Elite Commander Serien. Lara explained, trying to ease Lae's fears. Besides, as long as you're with us, no one will harm you. She followed up encouragingly. Rain followed quietly again, and it seemed that every soldier they passed didn't even look at the passerbyers, content to stand guard perfectly still. Eventually they stood in front of a rather well-guarded pair of more classical looking doors. Rain stepped forward and the guards nodded, opening the doors for them. As they walked into the room, Lae would see a rather young man with dark blonde hair in a black, leather jacket. He stood far out of place compared to the uniformed, and more heavily armed soldiers surrounding the walls.

Lae looked at the man, and began planning for the event someone would say to kill him. He fumbled with his ring and looked at all the men. Long as you don't say 'fire' i wont fight back...

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:00 pm

"You can relax, Lae, so long as you don't make a move." The man said calculatingly, but clearly kinder than Rain is. "So. You're the man who took down an Imperial frigate by himself? I must admit, I expected something more at first, but after seeing the video footage myself, I have to commend you on your work, as bloody as it was. Then I learned of your escape from the military complex on Anima Prime. And just when I thought you couldn't do better, you managed to escape capture on several accounts by yourself, though inevitability soon won over I see."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:02 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"You can relax, Lae, so long as you don't make a move." The man said calculatingly, but clearly kinder than Rain is. "So. You're the man who took down an Imperial frigate by himself? I must admit, I expected something more at first, but after seeing the video footage myself, I have to commend you on your work, as bloody as it was. Then I learned of your escape from the military complex on Anima Prime. And just when I thought you couldn't do better, you managed to escape capture on several accounts by yourself, though inevitability soon won over I see."

"Won over isnt exactally the phrase i would use. More like 'united by a common bastard enemy.'" Lae replied in a calm tone. He wasnt saying it to be cold, but just wanted to convey the fact he didnt actually make the choice to come here on his own. He seemed more lax but, his eyes still kept darting around the room, making a note of where everyone was.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:04 pm

"I assure you, there is more security than your eyes can see, Lae." He said, once again taking note of his body language in a calculating manner. "I have just received Rain's report on the circumstances surrounding the Anima Prime incident. Would it interest you to know that the entire planet is currently covered in one massive ion storm, and that there is no one living on the planet as we speak?" He inquired calmly, gauging Lae's response. "These demons seem very interested in you to say the least."
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:06 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"I assure you, there is more security than your eyes can see, Lae." He said, once again taking note of his body language in a calculating manner. "I have just received Rain's report on the circumstances surrounding the Anima Prime incident. Would it interest you to know that the entire planet is currently covered in one massive ion storm, and that there is no one living on the planet as we speak?" He inquired calmly, gauging Lae's response. "These demons seem very interested in you to say the least."

"Them, and every other armed prick in the galaxy" Lae replied. He just stood there, staring him straight in the eye.

Xaldius: Not to mention me.
Lae: And ill make sure the next bullet that comes twoards my head hits my frontal lobe so i stop giving a [censored] about you.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:12 pm

"So it would seem." He said, staring at the kid in the same manner. "Shall we get to the point then at least? Firstly, you stand here a criminal that, no matter what court, what jury, military or otherwise, you are bearing the death sentence. Secondly, any sane military commander would kill you on the spot, especially if they were in my shoes, given the video footage alone is proof enough." He paused, to once again gauge Lae's response again.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"So it would seem." He said, staring at the kid in the same manner. "Shall we get to the point then at least? Firstly, you stand here a criminal that, no matter what court, what jury, military or otherwise, you are bearing the death sentence. Secondly, any sane military commander would kill you on the spot, especially if they were in my shoes, given the video footage alone is proof enough." He paused, to once again gauge Lae's response again.

Lae tensed up, looked at Lara, Rain, then back at the man and glared him in the eye. "I was under the impression that everything would be fine." He said in a cold, but even tone. "And if that's a lie..." He narrowed his eyes. "Then at least three of us in this room are going to have a problem. You can say 'arrest him' or 'kill him', but believe me, I may not have willingly killed the others, but you can BET your [censored] I wont go out like a punk. Your men may get me in a rush, but not before I take you with me." He began fumbling with the ring. And stood there for a moment. "The next thing you say will decide whether you and I live or die." He shot a death glare at Lara, since she had been the one who promised him that everything would be okay.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:26 pm

"You were right, Lara, he is quick to judge a threat from the beginning of a business offer." Serien said, grinning slightly from Lae's response. "Very cautious, taking in every angle of our defense, thinking of ways to take just me and the two he came in here with down in an instant if need be, indeed, he was just as you thought." Serien said aloud, mainly to confuse Lae at first, wondering if he would catch on at all. "As I said when you entered Lae-" He began after a minute of tense silence, "-and as she promised to you when you woke, you would not be harmed so long as you were with them, and so long as you did not make a move. I do not break my promises easily."

He paused again, leaning back now, satisfied with Lae's reaction it seemed. "I care not for the death of soldiers, only for the reason in which they died. Vengeance is worthless, but if you can prove to be more of an asset, more of a gain than a loss, then it is more worthwhile to have you aboard, would it not be? So, I offer you this choice. You can work for me, in which case you will be given my protection, and your previous crimes pardoned, all of them. Or you can refuse my proposal in which case we will see eachother in Hell, because I assure you, even your other self cannot simply walk out of this room thanks to his previous... encounter with us." Serien stated, already showing Lae his choices and the details, showing him just what kind of a hand he was dealt.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:33 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:"You were right, Lara, he is quick to judge a threat from the beginning of a business offer." Serien said, grinning slightly from Lae's response. "Very cautious, taking in every angle of our defense, thinking of ways to take just me and the two he came in here with down in an instant if need be, indeed, he was just as you thought." Serien said aloud, mainly to confuse Lae at first, wondering if he would catch on at all. "As I said when you entered Lae-" He began after a minute of tense silence, "-and as she promised to you when you woke, you would not be harmed so long as you were with them, and so long as you did not make a move. I do not break my promises easily."

He paused again, leaning back now, satisfied with Lae's reaction it seemed. "I care not for the death of soldiers, only for the reason in which they died. Vengeance is worthless, but if you can prove to be more of an asset, more of a gain than a loss, then it is more worthwhile to have you aboard, would it not be? So, I offer you this choice. You can work for me, in which case you will be given my protection, and your previous crimes pardoned, all of them. Or you can refuse my proposal in which case we will see eachother in Hell, because I assure you, even your other self cannot simply walk out of this room thanks to his previous... encounter with us." Serien stated, already showing Lae his choices and the details, showing him just what kind of a hand he was dealt.

Lae stood there a minute, still sliding the ring on his finger back and forth with his thumb. He just stood in silence. He didnt say anything.

Lae: The idea of just saying no so they take you out through me comes to mind.
Xaldius: That wouldnt be the smartest move in the world.
Lae: But it's the morally right decision. Condemn me as they might, they would be rid of you NOW.
Xaldius: Perhaps we can talk this-
Lae: Shut the [censored] up. This is not up for discussion. Either you recess into the deepest part of my mind, and keep quiet and dormant, or i run at him and kill us both.
Xaldius: Now i cant just-
Lae: You will, or you'll die with me.
Xaldius: ...
Lae: Am I to take your silence as acceptance?
Lae would not feel the weight on the back of his mind anymore, Xaldius had already made himself 'gone' from his immediate thoughts. Lae sighed. "I only ask one condition if I agree to this. Nothing big, but a simple request."

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:43 pm

Serien held his hand up to stop Lae before he spoke. "Given the state of your makeshift weaponry, I can already imagine what it is you would like. I can assure you that your equipment will be up to our standards, or above should you choose to make your own. However, you will have to request such of the local science division. Lara will acquaint you with the team and organization for now. That is if you have accepted my offer?" He asked curiously.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:07 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Serien held his hand up to stop Lae before he spoke. "Given the state of your makeshift weaponry, I can already imagine what it is you would like. I can assure you that your equipment will be up to our standards, or above should you choose to make your own. However, you will have to request such of the local science division. Lara will acquaint you with the team and organization for now. That is if you have accepted my offer?" He asked curiously.

Lae grinned with a mix of cheerfulness and mischeiviousness. "Could we do a trial period?" He replied jokingly.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:25 pm

Serien just smiled at the joke, then replied more bluntly, knowing the next bit of news wouldn't go so well. "Unfortunately no." He said, removing the humor in the room. "You will be assigned to Dominae squad, due to its sudden shortage in members. You will receive proper training if you so desire, but we will need you ready soon. You will be meeting those demons sooner than you'd like." Serien finally stood up, the guards standing more at attention than before as he did so. "I am pleased you have decided to join us. You all are dismissed." He said, with a slight wave of his arm.

Lara walked toward Lae, smiling even brighter. "Great to have you with us, Lae!" Rain, on the other hand, just sighed and walked towards the door. "You owe me for this, sir." He said, directed to Serien as he walked out.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Wynn Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:33 pm

Quantum Rain wrote:Serien just smiled at the joke, then replied more bluntly, knowing the next bit of news wouldn't go so well. "Unfortunately no." He said, removing the humor in the room. "You will be assigned to Dominae squad, due to its sudden shortage in members. You will receive proper training if you so desire, but we will need you ready soon. You will be meeting those demons sooner than you'd like." Serien finally stood up, the guards standing more at attention than before as he did so. "I am pleased you have decided to join us. You all are dismissed." He said, with a slight wave of his arm.

Lara walked toward Lae, smiling even brighter. "Great to have you with us, Lae!" Rain, on the other hand, just sighed and walked towards the door. "You owe me for this, sir." He said, directed to Serien as he walked out.

Lae just stared at the door he left through for a minute. "How do you put up with that douche?" he asked Lara. "He doesnt even seem to know we exist." Lae stopped and looked around for a moment, put his hands around his ears. Nice [censored] change... He thought. He then pulled up his sleeve, and tore his rusty auto knife off his arm and threw it to the ground. It couldnt even hardly be called a knife, the whole blade was orange and flaky and didnt even look suited to cut butter.

Wynn
Commander
Commander

Back to top Go down

Post by Quantum Rain Fri Jan 20, 2012 2:46 pm

Lara just shrugged then took Lae's arm again, dragging him out the door. "Our first stop is to introduce you to Dr. Reeds!" She said with an oddly-placed enthusiasm. Eventually they reached their first destination, and as Lara opened the door, Lae would see a rather large chaotic mess. "Hey Dr. Reeds, up to no good again aren't you?" Lara said, announcing their presence. "Damnable science division wants me to clean this mess up... now where did I put that anti-matter umbrella projector..." He said, fumbling around in the drawers, tossing equipment around that he thinks of as expendable it seemed. "I brought you a new guest." She said, ignoring the scientist's ramblings. "Oh that's nice, who is- AHAH! Found you!" He yelled out his triumph finally turning around to see the the newcomers. He stopped when he saw Lae "... I seriously hope I'm not going to miss lunch over you again..." He said bluntly, as he placed the projector on a table, next to several other odd assortments of equipment.
Quantum Rain
Quantum Rain
Founder
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down