Final Exodus: Dark Reality
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Wall

Go down

The Wall Empty The Wall

Post by Angusm3 Fri Apr 10, 2015 2:38 pm

_______Inhaling the green mist in this area would be a death sentence for just about anyone.  The Forgotten were one of the few exceptions to this rule.  I remember when we first encountered the substance, Tiberium that is.  Harmless isn’t really a word I would use to describe an asteroid, but compared to the one that carried the tiberium I’d say there’s no comparison.
-Duncan Hayle

November ██th, 20██

_______The sound of construction continued to outweigh the whistling wind as it swept through the tiberium plains.  The wall was nearly finished, this was really the last leg,  and Richard Stypp got to see it first hand.  He’d been there for a while, him and a small complement of Sentinel Guard.  There to protect the workers from any acts of terrorism or worse.  
_______His shaved face was hidden under a gas mask just like everyone else so close to the fields.  The rifle slung over his shoulder was the standard SKS issued to every other soldier in his division.  For some reason, the air seemed thicker with the tiberium mist today.  When you work this close to the wall, that’s a given, but today was even worse.  The almost eerie obscuring fog was mostly contained within the advanced walls.  This was the last breach to be sealed.  After this it was finished.  The first large scale containment of a tiberium field.  So high the spores couldn’t escape, and so advanced that not even the corrosive substance could eat through.

-To be continued
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down

The Wall Empty Re: The Wall

Post by Angusm3 Sat Apr 11, 2015 6:09 am

_______The staccato sound of rifles began with no warning.  The firing quickly developed into a panicked storm of gunfire into the breach.  It grabbed the eyes of everyone in the area.  Lt. Stypp snapped his full attention to the wall to see the cause of the noise.  Still in the fields was what could only be described as a giant.  The creature was twice the height of any man there.  Its eyes literally glowed the shade of green you see from Tiberium crystals.  It let off a horrible shriek that sounded like a man whose trachea had been sliced open at the neck.  The first one to die had his midsection pulverised by the titans fist.  His mashed organs flew out his back as a slurry of blood and bone.  Sanity would have suggested to respond by running, as nearly everyone did.  Richard on the other hand, dropped the rifle from his shoulder and drew his sword.  

_______“Hold on, you’re telling me you saw that thing and your first reaction was to pull out some antique you carried around out of tradition?”  “Hey you saw it, I sliced that thing up good, it wasn’t that fast, the first guy only got taken out because I’m guessing he was too shocked to move.”  “Nobody has the kind of stamina to.. to do what you did there, some of the workers got it on camera but Jesus christ.  You killed this thing with logical tact so flawless as if you’d done it before.”

_______He rolled out of the way of the incoming fist.  Inhaling sharply he barely recovered to his feet in time to jump backward, avoiding the other.  He was breathing heavily and it wasn’t letting up.  He pushed his feet into the ground and shot forward past the crashed limbs.  The gasmask was cutting into every gram of air that he inhaled.  Cleaving his sword forward, it cut through the abominations leg, with every bit of strength he had, he pushed until it came out the other side.  Its leg was removed, he allowed himself a second to halt and take a knee.  The creature was screeching incredibly loudly now and flailing around.  He couldn’t remember just how he had survived this part.  Everything he did was precisely in the moment, uncoordinated and random attacks came from every direction.  Through some sheer amount of luck, in between its flailing its head became exposed for just long enough.  His impulses took over and he had jammed the sword through its head.

_______“I can’t even begin to tell you the luck you had.”  “I know, had to lose the sword as well, that thing wasn’t made out of anything special and it probably got eaten by the tiberium.”  “So after that you ran back to the rest of the troupe and that’s when everything got really ugly.”  “Yeah, that’s when the fauna got really hostile.”
Angusm3
Angusm3
Administrator
Administrator

Male Number of posts : 1244
Registration date : 2010-12-11

http://www.treeforge.co/

Back to top Go down